GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I can't let this one go. Weird.

The slimiest part of the whole affair is that the ref saw the slash but didn't call it. Here's why. He didn't want to "decide the game." A slash that results in injury is an automatic five-minute major and game misconduct, and possibly a match penalty if intent to injure is there. So instead of making the right call, which in a game Buffalo led 2-0, might have "decided the game," he called nothing on the slash. Better to let the player decide things, ya know, even possibly decide the whole series on one dirty hack. Classic NHL officiating mentality.

By the way, here's exactly what DeLuca has been talking about, and why another hack on a key Sabre is probably in the offing:

---

Does Boychuk feel he may even have a bull’s-eye on his back from Sabres players that may want to retaliate? "I don’t know, it didn’t feel that way after [Vanek] left, but you never know," he said. "If so, you do what you gotta do and move on."

http://www.nesn.com/2010/04/no-way-johnny-boychuk-tried-to-hurt-sabres-sniper-thomas-vanek-in-game-2.html

Does Boychuk feel he may even have a bull’s-eye on his back from Sabres players that may want to retaliate? "I don’t know, it didn’t feel that way after [Vanek] left, but you never know," he said. "If so, you do what you gotta do and move on."

I wish Sabres fans felt the same way.

The slimiest part of the whole affair is that the ref saw the slash but didn't call it. Here's why. He didn't want to "decide the game." A slash that results in injury is an automatic five-minute major and game misconduct, and possibly a match penalty if intent to injure is there. So instead of making the right call, which in a game Buffalo led 2-0, might have "decided the game," he called nothing on the slash. Better to let the player decide things, ya know, even possibly decide the whole series on one dirty hack. Classic NHL officiating mentality.

By the way, here's exactly what DeLuca has been talking about, and why another hack on a key Sabre is probably in the offing:

---

http://www.nesn.com/2010/04/no-way-johnny-boychuk-tried-to-hurt-sabres-sniper-thomas-vanek-in-game-2.html

Taking out Boychuk is not "eye for an eye." More like eye for a pinkie (sorry Jochen!) You have to take out Chara.

---

I fully expect another Sabre to be knocked out of the series with a hack or cheap shot. It's the Bruins game plan. The Sabres are a soft team that doesn't defend it's self and the Bruins are going to take full advantage and will continue to do so until the Sabres finally decide to do something about it.

Archived