Two games left, will Torres reach 20 goals?

carpandean

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will Torres get his 20th in the regular season?

• Yes
    • No

He's been playing on lower lines, but will he at least get a grinder goal in the final two games or will he be stuck at 19?

Yes, I'm bored waiting for the playoffs to start.

i agree its tough on those lines... dont think he does it though

No, I don't believe he will score this weekend. Kind of a pointless pick up if you ask me. I don't hate the guy or anything, I just don't feel like he's brought anything different to the team.

I didn't mind the idea of the pick (big guy with a scoring touch, a physical edge and a history of stepping it up in the playoffs.) It just seems that they didn't really know enough about him. Does a guy who says "I'm best when I don't have to think; when I think, I get in trouble" (I'm paraphrasing) sound like someone who should be playing for Ruff? Hopefully, he'll get it figured out in the last couple of games and step it up again in the playoffs.

i doubt that he'll even score in the playoffs and we gave mcarthur so we can make room for him. What a joke

It will probably end up being that MacArthur going opened up a spot for Ennis more than Torres. And that's no joke. ;)

I like Torres grit and the potential of a streak scorer. They've got to get him off the digger line with Mair and Ellis though. Those two probably have 20-30 career goals between them. It's like putting the guy's feet in quicksand. I wouldn't mind seeing these two top lines for the playoffs...

Pominville - Roy - Ennis

Vanek - Connelly - Torres

The Sabres gave away a secound round draft choice for a nobody.

To be fair the guy has put up a fair amount of assists for the amount of time hes played. In my opinion setting up a nice goal is just as big a part as depositing it in the net. The guy is also glued on that ###### line. I'd say give the guy a chance he's proven himself every place he's been. Also a 2nd round pick in the NHL isn't the same as the NFL. In the 05-06 Playoff run for the Oilers he was very good... hopefully he can find some of that.

To be fair the guy has put up a fair amount of assists for the amount of time hes played. In my opinion setting up a nice goal is just as big a part as depositing it in the net. The guy is also glued on that ###### line. I'd say give the guy a chance he's proven himself every place he's been. Also a 2nd round pick in the NHL isn't the same as the NFL. In the 05-06 Playoff run for the Oilers he was very good... hopefully he can find some of that.

I would think that Lindy would give Torres a chance on the top 2 lines in this weekends games to see what he has. Playing him with Mair and Ellis come playoff time is a waste of time. If all they wanted has another guy to bang on the 4th line, they could have called up McCormick and kept the 2nd round pick.

I would think that Lindy would give Torres a chance on the top 2 lines in this weekends games to see what he has. Playing him with Mair and Ellis come playoff time is a waste of time. If all they wanted has another guy to bang on the 4th line, they could have called up McCormick and kept the 2nd round pick.

The only reason i'm not sure it would make a difference is because Hecht has been so good up there on the wing.

Archived