GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

i hate this team - i really think i hate them more than any other opponent. and not really because they own us, but that is a big part. i will never forget alfredsson shooting the puck at the end of a period/game directly at a Sabre player a few years back...every since that event and just abou every chris neil event since.

come on boys, let's lift the monkey off our back tonight!

The game is not do or die thanks to the Sabres' 4-game winning streak, but it would sure feel nice to beat these jackasses. In regulation. By a couple of goals.

Edit: with last night's results, the Sabres are primed to take the #2 spot in the East with a win tonight. Get it done, boys!

Three things that a win would do tonight:

1) Clinch a playoff berth (pass the Rangers' best and tie Atlanta's, but we'd have the wins tiebreaker.)

2) Be a start (nods at PA) toward getting that Ottawa monkey off their back.

3) Be a huge step toward clinching the NE (9 up on Ottawa, 10 up on Montreal with 2 games-in-hand and 7 games for those two left.)

Not a "must win" game by any means (we need 1 win or 3 OT losses to make the playoffs, even in Atlanta or the Rangers win out), but a "would be :censored: ing nice to win" game, for sure.

i hate this team - i really think i hate them more than any other opponent. and not really because they own us, but that is a big part. i will never forget alfredsson shooting the puck at the end of a period/game directly at a Sabre player a few years back...every since that event and just abou every chris neil event since.

come on boys, let's lift the monkey off our back tonight!

Let's not forget that POS Ruutu/bite me or the hit on Timmay...

Three things that a win would do tonight:

1) Clinch a playoff berth (pass the Rangers' best and tie Atlanta's, but we'd have the wins tiebreaker.)

2) Be a start (nods at PA) toward getting that Ottawa monkey off their back.

3) Be a huge step toward clinching the NE (9 up on Ottawa, 10 up on Montreal with 2 games-in-hand and 7 games for those two left.)

Not a "must win" game by any means (we need 1 win or 3 OT losses to make the playoffs, even in Atlanta or the Rangers win out), but a "would be :censored: ing nice to win" game, for sure.

THIS.

It will also build confidence and help keep this team rolling/building momentum as we get ready to go into the playoffs. I would really like it if we had positioning locked up so we could rest a few key players(aka Miller) the last weekend of the season.

Let's Go Buff-a-lo!

Indeed the bloodlust is flowing. :death:

This is the biggest game of the season in my view. We need to stay far away from the Sens in the standings. 9 points up with 9 games remaining and 2 in hand?!?! That sounds amazing to me.

Ideally i'd like to see us beat Ottawa tonight and on April 10th, while Ottawa wins a good amount of their remaining games. This would insert them into the 4th or 5th seed depending on how the other teams pan out. A 4th seed Sens vs a 5th seed Devils? That would be imaculate. I wouldn't see Ottawa getting past Jersey.

As for tonights game, i'd love to believe that we keep rolling and tank over Ottawa like a German Panzer circa Poland, 1939. That all depends. We haven't beaten them since Janurary 2009! They own us.

A few keys to victory lie in these questions.

Can Kaleta be the X factor tonight? Can Hecht continue the dominance? Will the PP do anything tonight?

Ideally i'd like to see us beat Ottawa tonight and on April 10th, while Ottawa wins a good amount of their remaining games. This would insert them into the 4th or 5th seed depending on how the other teams pan out. A 4th seed Sens vs a 5th seed Devils? That would be imaculate. I wouldn't see Ottawa getting past Jersey.

So are you hinting at the fact that you'd rather not play Ottawa in the playoffs? If that's the case, you might actually be better of with Ottawa winning. They still don't have a great shot of catching us, but it also bumps their total points up and keeps them out of that 6 slot.

So are you hinting at the fact that you'd rather not play Ottawa in the playoffs? If that's the case, you might actually be better of with Ottawa winning. They still don't have a great shot of catching us, but it also bumps their total points up and keeps them out of that 6 slot.

I definetly dont want a first round matchup with them.

I dont like the way we stack up against them. I dont like our lack of mental focus whem its time to play Ottawa. I think their ardently in our heads. I think their D is underated. And i dont like Brian Elliots 7-0 record against us.

Couldn't they stay out of the 6 slot if they win 5 of their remaining 7 after tonight?

I definetly dont want a first round matchup with them.

I dont like the way we stack up against them. I dont like our lack of mental focus whem its time to play Ottawa. I think their ardently in our heads. I think their D is underated. And i dont like Brian Elliots 7-0 record against us.

Couldn't they stay out of the 6 slot if they win 5 of their remaining 7 after tonight?

I have absolutely no problem with anyone who would rather not face Ottawa in the playoffs. It is probably the most reasonable preference any Sabre fan could have.

There are a lot of different results that would lead to that matchup not happening. They could play each other in the 2-7, 3-6, or 4-5 seedings (I'm too lazy to dig into it whether or not there is a mathematical possibility of that 4-5 matchup, no matter how slim it is). My incredibly lazy thought process here is that a win for us pretty much locks up that 3rd seed, with a very good chance at still grabbing the 2 seed. That Ottawa loss moves them closer to 6-7. Now, if Ottawa wins, we're closing in on the 3 seed and they're closing in on #5. It's completely unscientific, but it seems like the best "avoid Ottawa in the 1st" outcome. There are so many different possibilities though, so who knows what it really means.

And before anyone asks, of course I want the Sabres to win this one.

Look for Ottawa to "mark their territory" in the first 10 minutes by skating up to and standing over Miller when he freezes the puck. I hope for once the Sabres don't stand for it. First time it happens... melee.

That completly depends on which D pair is out there when it happens. Rivet wont stand for it, Shakira will see its happening and skate toward the bench.

Archived