GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I came up with between 0% and 13% -- which happens to be the likelihood that I'll be able to save enough money to retire comfortably

If you die young you won't have to worry.

Anyways with the way Obama is going you'll have plenty of company.

What was that he was saying about being a president for the people instead of being influenced by lobbyists?

If we had a Rob Ray type Neil would be silenced.

Instead we have too many pretenders instead of one or two actual enforcers.

I'll take a "Pretender" in Kaleta any day of the week over an enforcer...We tried that experiment, and as much as I loved Peters' 3 minutes per game [/sarcasm], It's a general waste of a roster spot.

I would agree however that guys like Monty, Rivet, Gaustad, Mair need to knuckle up a little more to make up for that type of player.

Boarding yes, but that shouldn't have been a game misconduct. Kaleta now has an even bigger bullseye on his head thanks to that call.

That was not very far from what Ovie did to Soupy.. only at much lower speed. No doubt Kaleta drew that. I thought the ref mentioned to that pair on the previous faceoff that they would get ejected for the nonsense, looked like the ref was pointing out towards the bleachers.

Why in the world would Ruff break up the Connolly Hecht Pominville line?

It was the one consistent line he had.

Agreed. Lines have me scratching my head tonight.

Do the Sabres lube their sticks? They handle pucks like a cow handles a gun.

I'll take a "Pretender" in Kaleta any day of the week over an enforcer...We tried that experiment, and as much as I loved Peters' 3 minutes per game [/sarcasm], It's a general waste of a roster spot.

I would agree however that guys like Monty, Rivet, Gaustad, Mair need to knuckle up a little more to make up for that type of player.

I wasn't referring to Kaleta.

And I never thought Peters was a Rob Ray replacement.

The four other players you mention are here to fill that role, In the case of Gaustad and Mair, Ruff has gone way too far in convincing those two that they are here primarily on hockey talent.

Archived