GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I hope you're not blaming Miller for that first goal. He made a great adjustment to it, but nobody stopped Kelly from whacking away at it after the great save. The second goal? Sure blame away. Great shot, but he could've had that one. Third goal? Blame Lydman for that stupid penalty. How many of us thought, oh ######, I bet Alfie scores immediately on this PP, and guess what happened? Stupid penalty by Sabres always = goal against.

Not blaming him as such, rather wondering why he never plays his best against the Sens.

Tall order I know - "Why can't he keep his team in the game against the Sens when he can against other teams". Let's face it, that's how Buffalo wins the bulk of their games.

I guess I'm just that desperate for Buffalo to beat Ottawa that I've come to the conclusion that it'll only happen if he doesn't alllow ANY goals at all.

I for one really hope we don't have to face Ottawa in the playoffs, we just don't match up against them very well and get pushed around every time we play them. Sure we got allot of shots on goal, but not good scoring chances. The Sens make it impossible for the Sabres to play their game, we get smothered.

Its the style they play against us and I can't believe Ruff hasn't found a way to combat what they're doing.

That really is a problem. Maybe he's giving up on six games per year to win the majority of the other 76, but it's clear that in the last several years, Ruff has not found a way to solve the Senators. Last night was the closest thing to a plan that might work that I've seen in a while, and there were some bounces that simply didn't go Buffalo's way. But that doesn't explain all the bad games against the Sens since 2007, especially the last nine.

At least last night, the Sabres seemed willing to get into it in every post-whistle scrum near the goal. They need to go further. With the awesome PK that the Sabres have, it would be smart enough to give Alfie a good cross-check to the jaw and sit out five minutes, and at least send the message. Have Stafford do it, in case he gets suspended for a few games or something.

I give credit to Grier and Kaleta for at least trying to play physical. On the other hand, Mair was credited with 1 hit and Gaustad with 0 hits. This is the problem I have had with these guys for a few years now. On a team that is seriously lacking in this regard, guys they rely on for this purpose, only bring this to the table 1 out of every 4 or 5 games and even worse they choose not to do it in a big game like last nights.

Archived