GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

wonderbread

C'mon boys, keep riding what you started last game. I like how Lindy had the PLAYERS point out what was wrong on tape. Sometimes it takes a good hard look at yourself to see what's going on; not the same guy pointing it out over and over. Good job Lindy.

C'mon boys, keep riding what you started last game. I like how Lindy had the PLAYERS point out what was wrong on tape. Sometimes it takes a good hard look at yourself to see what's going on; not the same guy pointing it out over and over. Good job Lindy.

Duck! :ph34r:

Lindy's been hammering his teams with video for as long as I can remember. He thinks he's the second coming of Captain Video I guess. I believe this is called negative reinforcement, and it usually doesn't work. See Ruff, Lindy. The wrinkle of having player involvement in the sessions is not new.

I attribute a lot of the tightness this team shows on the offensive side -- and most of Ruff's teams have shown over the years -- to Ruff's assbackwards methods of "motivating." Now, what often has worked for Ruff, but we almost never hear about it, is completely shaking things up when things are going badly -- he's taken teams on walks to through Ottawa, to the Vietnam Memorial and a few others times the details of which are eluding me. Oh yeah, they went Gerbe bowling earlier this season.

My parents and my brother will be at this one. Hopefully they won't be too bored.

Edit: And I have no idea where to post this, but it's too funny to not say it at all. I was walking around Boston yesterday wearing my Sabres jacket and hat. As I walked by some random guy, he yelled out "F--- Mike Foligno!". I just about fell over laughing. I probably should've went back to talk to the guy, but man that was so much better than the typical "Buffalo sucks!".

Lindy's been hammering his teams with video for as long as I can remember. He thinks he's the second coming of Captain Video I guess. I believe this is called negative reinforcement, and it usually doesn't work. See Ruff, Lindy. The wrinkle of having player involvement in the sessions is not new.

I attribute a lot of the tightness this team shows on the offensive side -- and most of Ruff's teams have shown over the years -- to Ruff's assbackwards methods of "motivating." Now, what often has worked for Ruff, but we almost never hear about it, is completely shaking things up when things are going badly -- he's taken teams on walks to through Ottawa, to the Vietnam Memorial and a few others times the details of which are eluding me. Oh yeah, they went Gerbe bowling earlier this season.

Video, walks in the park, movies and Vietnam Memorials? Too bad this team isn't motivated by having a chance to win the Stanley Cup. Maybe the should put the poster of the Stanley Cup back up and take down the Twilight movie poster.

Video, walks in the park, movies and Vietnam Memorials? Too bad this team isn't motivated by having a chance to win the Stanley Cup. Maybe the should put the poster of the Stanley Cup back up and take down the Twilight movie poster.

No good, Roy would disapprove.

A win tonight puts us 7 up on Ottawa and 8 up on the Habs with a game in hand on each (depending on what Montreal does against the Leafs). Monday's game - Ottawa at Montreal will really set it up for Wednesday's and Friday's games against those same teams. By the end of next week we could either really have some serious breathing room or it could be white-knuckle time again. This team passed every test earlier this year but failed the west coast trip and haven't looked the same since. A win tonight might give them the confidence to relax and not grip the sticks too tight for the key games coming up this week.

A win tonight puts us 7 up on Ottawa and 8 up on the Habs with a game in hand on each (depending on what Montreal does against the Leafs).

We will have two games-in-hand on each after tonight. Tonight is game 70, while Ottawa has played 72 and the Habs are playing their 72nd against the Leafs.

We will have two games-in-hand on each after tonight. Tonight is game 70, while Ottawa has played 72 and the Habs are playing their 72nd against the Leafs.

Woo hoo. Even better! Let's hope they make use of 'em.

Anyone know why Torres isn't playing??

Unless Torres is injured, Lindy is a joke and I am officially on the bandwagon. First, Torres goes from a scoring line to the 3rd line and then to the 4th line in no time flat. Now he is sent to the press box while Mair, Ellis and Stafford the prodigy all play? :wallbash:

Good luck with these schmucks come playoff time.

[edited]I'll cut Lindy some slack... http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2010/03/live-from-sabres-at-spring-break.html

Archived