GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Another W last night for Ottowa and they are right back into a tie with us (although we have 3 in hand).

Here's hoping the boys come out with a lot of energy tonight after a couple of nights rest. I expect Roy to get one or two tonight. He has been skating with more confidence these last few and I think he's about to heat up. LETS GO BUFFALO!

Another W last night for Ottowa and they are right back into a tie with us (although we have 3 in hand).

Here's hoping the boys come out with a lot of energy tonight after a couple of nights rest. I expect Roy to get one or two tonight. He has been skating with more confidence these last few and I think he's about to heat up. LETS GO BUFFALO!

Due to the games in hand you mention, it's really not a tie.

If the NHL standings were manifested in the same manner as most other sports, it'd show that we have a 1.5 game lead.

I'll sign up for that.

But Marty Turco is coming off of a 49 save win over the mighty Capitals. This might be another one of those games we have to win 2-1 if we want the W.

If Turco played lights-out the last game then that's a good indicator he's about to lay a five-goal goose egg.. he burned me so many times on my fantasy team.. grrr

I'd be more worried about players like Morrow, Eriksson, Ribeiro and James Neal..

I expect Roy to get one or two tonight. He has been skating with more confidence these last few and I think he's about to heat up.

He has been skating pretty well lately. Of course, TC, Pommer and Vanek have been in witness protection.

I assume we'll see Miller tonight.

I'll sign up for that.

But Marty Turco is coming off of a 49 save win over the mighty Capitals. This might be another one of those games we have to win 2-1 if we want the W.

Thanks Lindy, Mr. Self Fulfilling Prophecy.

Here's another one of his gems. "I think it comes down to the number of pucks the other team's goaltender can see without being screened and how hard we work to get to the paint."

Wonder how that plays with the Roys, Vaneks, Staffords and Connollys.

Is it time to get Vanek out of the paint? Really, how many goals does he score from there on the PP?

Thanks Lindy, Mr. Self Fulfilling Prophecy.

Here's another one of his gems. "I think it comes down to the number of pucks the other team's goaltender can see without being screened and how hard we work to get to the paint."

Wonder how that plays with the Roys, Vaneks, Staffords and Connollys.

Is it time to get Vanek out of the paint? Really, how many goals does he score from there on the PP?

In response to comparing my comment to Lindy's...I don't think there's any problem with realizing you're not a 300-goal type of team.

If the Sabres tried to open up things too much and play with the super aggressive style we saw in 06-07, you'd see us losing a lot of games 6-3, 7-4.

Besides, I think you read too much into Lindy's comments. You see what he says to the media and just assume it has some profound effect on his players. We have no idea about the way he talks in the locker room and in practices. I honestly don't think the players give a care what Lindy says to the media, so long as he's not directly throwing anyone under the bus.

In response to comparing my comment to Lindy's...I don't think there's any problem with realizing you're not a 300-goal type of team.

If the Sabres tried to open up things too much and play with the super aggressive style we saw in 06-07, you'd see us losing a lot of games 6-3, 7-4.

Besides, I think you read too much into Lindy's comments. You see what he says to the media and just assume it has some profound effect on his players. We have no idea about the way he talks in the locker room and in practices.

I agree, I'm alright with the conservative style versus the run-and-gun. However, we HAVE to start jumping out to early leads and playing well in the first period. This team is built to play with the lead. They've been falling behind early and getting burned lately.

Besides, I think you read too much into Lindy's comments. You see what he says to the media and just assume it has some profound effect on his players. We have no idea about the way he talks in the locker room and in practices. I honestly don't think the players give a care what Lindy says to the media, so long as he's not directly throwing anyone under the bus.

I think you missed the point a little. I just wonder how offensive talent responds to calls to drive the far post and get in the paint and put your body on the ice and try to pound it in off someone's arse (hey Roysie!). It's like asking Julia Child to work with margarine.

I don't read too much into Lindy's comments. This is exactly what he asks his team to do. He's been mic-ed up during practices and said it.

Watched Monday and Dallas is coming off a solid come from behind 2 goals down win against the Caps. Turco absolutely stood on his head in what was a very physical game.

Good break for Dallas they get to play a non physical game tonight. I am hoping instead we can burn them with this team speed thing they used to talk about. Can't say I recall seeing much of that speed recently.

We do get to see if a couple of days practice helps our horrible PP. Sabres are due for a break out scoring game however I'm not feeling tonights that breakout unless we consider a 3-2 win for this team that game.

Go Sabres. We need to kick Ottawa back down a notch in the standings.

After a few games where the Sabres didn't give up on the "system" I've got to wonder what will happen tonight.

Will they stick with it and play the so-called boring style that gives them wins? Or will they, like Duds says, play to the hometown crowd and try to be fancy about it?

I'm going to this one. Let's make it a good one.

Watched Monday and Dallas is coming off a solid come from behind 2 goals down win against the Caps. Turco absolutely stood on his head in what was a very physical game.

Good break for Dallas they get to play a non physical game tonight. I am hoping instead we can burn them with this team speed thing they used to talk about. Can't say I recall seeing much of that speed recently.

We do get to see if a couple of days practice helps our horrible PP. Sabres are due for a break out scoring game however I'm not feeling tonights that breakout unless we consider a 3-2 win for this team that game.

Go Sabres. We need to kick Ottawa back down a notch in the standings.

Don't you love how other announcers still mention the Sabres speed and transition game like it was 3 years ago?

Don't you love how other announcers still mention the Sabres speed and transition game like it was 3 years ago?

QFT. Im pretty sure nobody outside of WNY besides us Sabre fans pay much attention to Buffalo sports let alone the Sabres. But hey the triple crown millionaire club (Briere, Drury and Campbell) are sure glad they got to cash that check.

Archived