Bench Rivet or remove the C

bills_fan_in_raleigh

Its time for Lindy to wake this sucker up. I think pulling away the C is the right move and after that to the healthy scratch list. Problem is who do ya give the C to???

Rivet has totally lost it and there really is NOBODY on this team that deserves the C. Miller already has the weight of the world on him and Kaleta would not work. Unless you give it to Gaustad to pick his game up, you probably have to pick up a Captain this Summer.

Except bringing in a washed up defenseman and sticking it on him before he's even played a game :wallbash:

You know, at the time I actually bought the idea that he was voted captain because he'd made such a good impression on the other guys in camp and they really respected him, but now I think it was more a case of everyone else saying "not it!!!" :wallbash:

You know, at the time I actually bought the idea that he was voted captain because he'd made such a good impression on the other guys in camp and they really respected him, but now I think it was more a case of everyone else saying "not it!!!" :wallbash:

I can see this happening.

Just give it to Grier. Won't happen though. After what happened to Lindy when he had the C, he'd never do it to one of his guys.

Actually Grier might be a good choice. The problem is trade deadline is past and only way to shake folks up is maybe take away the C and As and put them on folks willing to play hard. Hopefully Raffi style will be adopted by some o fthe others on this team or it will be time to blow this up and try again,

:lol: LOL,

something like that or I could see Lindy telling the team to pick a captain before first practice and then have him come by his office to pick up the C. Rivet shows up for his first practice and the team says coach wants to see you in his office and the rest is history.

I know lets rotate it. bag.gif

Nothing says leadership like a rotating C. wink.gif

Exactly! This would work: Either a random rotating captaincy with alternates or separate categories for defense and forwards

based on a qualitative index such as points, goals, assists, +/-, blocked shots, PP goals, SH goals, and other tangibles or intangibles.

In my Sabre system except for goalie, all forwards are interchangeable and all defensive pairings are as well!

It's a supportive and dynamic system that encourages team responsibility and communication with all members sharing in all the prizes!

Hey, a concerted effort where everyone wins because the team wins and all share in the glory and the work ethic?

GO BUFFALO SABRES! Welcome Rafi! We can now get into form and by the time the playoffs start we'll be peaking at the right time - skill and

aptitude - just in time!

Lindy will never bench the captain. When Ruff was captain os the Sabres, he was benched for poor play. He threw a hissy fit, tore off the C and demanded a trade, which he was granted. So I'd imagine he does tend to tip toe around captains a bit.

Just give it to Grier. Won't happen though. After what happened to Lindy when he had the C, he'd never do it to one of his guys.

And isn't that pretty stupid of Ruff? Maybe it's time to realize he's the coach now and he has to do what's best for the team. When you think about it, if that indeed is Ruff's position, it's pretty egomaniacal!

But of course it's just taken as Buffalo hockey gospel. Mike Schopp spent almost a full show yesterday driving himself crazy wondering why Sabre fans and the Buffalo media hardly every question Ruff, about anything.

And isn't that pretty stupid of Ruff? Maybe it's time to realize he's the coach now and he has to do what's best for the team. When you think about it, if that indeed is Ruff's position, it's pretty egomaniacal!

But of course it's just taken as Buffalo hockey gospel. Mike Schopp spent almost a full show yesterday driving himself crazy wondering why Sabre fans and the Buffalo media hardly every question Ruff, about anything.

I don't like Schopp and rarely listen to GR as I am a Sirius convert, but he made a great point about how the revered Lou Lamoriello changes coaches on a regular basis and keeps winning Stanley Cups. He was wondering if Lou acknowledges/accepts that players tune out coaches after a while and at that point, a change has to be made.

skill and aptitude

As always, I appreciate the optimism. However, I must point out that your tag line is redundant. Why not just say "skill and skill?"

IIRC, Rivet's contract runs out at the end of this season, right? If that's the case, I could be wrong, but I just don't see him in blue and gold next season.

No -- he has another year after this one. FYI, you can check nhlnumbers.com or capgeek.com for this info.

So -- you fear and loathe Golisano, Lindy and Miller (a self-made billionaire, a gold-medal-winning coach and an Olympic MVP), but an afternoon sports radio dude in a 3rd-tier market is the guy you'll follow to the ends of the earth?

So -- you fear and loathe Golisano, Lindy and Miller (a self-made billionaire, a gold-medal-winning coach and an Olympic MVP), but an afternoon sports radio dude in a 3rd-tier market is the guy you'll follow to the ends of the earth?

Obstetrical. Seriously...that makes no sense. Please -- that's my gig here.

As always, I appreciate the optimism. However, I must point out that your tag line is redundant. Why not just say "skill and skill?"

Skill and aptitude are two different things. A word man such as yourself should know that.

The best move Rivet could do as captain would be to gather up the players for a players only meeting and tell them he wants to hand the C over to another player. Now the only one I could see on this team that he would hand it to would be Miller. Plus that would allow him and Lindy to save face as Lindy would put an A on Rivet but then be able to sit him out for a "rest game."

Archived