Raffi Torres to Buffalo for Nathan Paetsch and a 2nd round pick...

Two or less

It's a true rental -- Torres is unrestricted after this year.

He's 6'0", 216. 5th pick in the draft in 2000. Career-high in pts is 41.

I don't think he's much of a physical player, but I could be wrong.

The guy is very much a sandpaper type of player who's main attribute is his physical presence. His scoring is bonus! He's not a nice guy to play against and he has some skill. Great trade!

The guy is very much a sandpaper type of player who's main attribute is his physical presence. His scoring is bonus! He's not a nice guy to play against and he has some skill. Great trade!

And if I've read the numbers correctly, that scoring bonus is still more goals than anyone on this team so far this year.

Not a great trade by DR's standard -- no rentals, he said. Maybe he thinks he can sign him.

Not a great trade by DR's standard -- no rentals, he said. Maybe he thinks he can sign him.

Well, they didn't give up an active player on the roster, so I'd say it's a pretty good trade then!

He's gritty, got attitude and has more goals than Vanek.

I haven't gotten that impression from the (limited) # of times I've seen him play, but holy cow I hope you're right.

So ...

Hecht-Connolly-Pominville

Torres-Roy-Stafford

Vanek-Kennedy-Grier

Ellis-Mair-Kaleta

(Goose on the 4th when he returns.)

People are going to complain, but in terms of the immediate impact, the roster is better than it was yesterday. We'll see how it works out, but I won't miss either MacArthur or Paetsch and I'm looking forward to see what Torres brings to this team.

So ...

Hecht-Connolly-Pominville

Torres-Roy-Stafford

Vanek-Kennedy-Grier

Ellis-Mair-Kaleta

(Goose on the 4th when he returns.)

I was wondering about this myself. Given how somnambulent the top 6 looked last night, I gotta belive that Lindy is going to try Raffi on one of the top 2 lines. Dropping Vanek seems odd at first, but it's either drop him, drop Hecht or play 2 LWs on a line together. Vanek looked alright with Kennedy and Grier earlier this year, and Kennedy at least seemed to be skating hard last night albeit with his usual hefty dose of rookie mistakes.

Having said that, I'd be fine dropping Hecht down to the 3rd line and trying Raffi with TC and Pommer.

I'd also be fine with a late trade announcement of Pommer for Kaberle, but that is highly unlikely.

People are going to complain, but in terms of the immediate impact, the roster is better than it was yesterday. We'll see how it works out, but I won't miss either MacArthur or Paetsch and I'm looking forward to see what Torres brings to this team.

No complaints here, it's more than I expected to see happen. I'm happy he proved me wrong. Although I would have liked to see that PP QB dmen that every team in the league also covets.

yeah it looked like he led with the shoulder on the first one. The announcer made it sound like he cross-checked him in the face :unsure:

Dirty, maybe. Yeah, those are the kind of hits I want to see go, but currently, there is nothing illegal about them.

Archived