Raffi Torres to Buffalo for Nathan Paetsch and a 2nd round pick...

Two or less

That is extremly likly to happen, but i would rather sign Torres to a deal in the range of 3 to 4 mil a year than keep Hecht on the third line at a similar salary.

Me too but who's taking Jochen off their hands? He is having his best season in a couple of years but I'm not sure they can/want to parlay that into a trade.

Me too but who's taking Jochen off their hands? He is having his best season in a couple of years but I'm not sure they can/want to parlay that into a trade.

The thing that may make it more likely to happen, although I still think it remote, is that he will only have 2 years left and the last 2 years are at "only" $3.5 and $3.0 million.

FWIW, I hope Torres' locker is next to Roy and he just keeps slapping him until Roy fights back.

:w00t: . I didn't see this till now. I'd prefer the 3 stooges sctick where he lines up the supposed top 3(Vanek,Roy and Pommers) and does that slap up and down the line till any of them fight back.

:w00t: . I didn't see this till now. I'd prefer the 3 stooges sctick where he lines up the supposed top 3(Vanek,Roy and Pommers) and does that slap up and down the line till any of them fight back.

Add Stafford, Butler & Connolly to the line.

I take that back, lineup the whole team, coaches and FO staff and slap away. :)

Screamin Weasel you have a new project on your hands. :thumbsup:

I'm quite certain no team is even going to look at Jochen. But i dont think its his play that makes him inmovable, its that damn contract. Darcy wouldn't move him anyhow, hes part of "that group of players we rely on".

talking to an Islanders friend of mine and asked about Torres. He said Torres is a sparkplug, a good 20 goal man, agressive and was great in Edmonton's appearance in the finals a few years ago. Was a Milbury pick for the Islanders (#1 fifth overall). Then Milbury got ripped off when he traded him for Janne Niinima ... Torres had major knee surgery a couple years ago, but he's fine now. He's only 28 so he's in his prime. I wonder why he's been traded so much, (NY Islanders, Edmonton, Columbus now Bflo) maybe it's just luck that he's been with a few teams in transition.

He's only 28 so he's in his prime. I wonder why he's been traded so much, (NY Islanders, Edmonton, Columbus now Bflo) maybe it's just luck that he's been with a few teams in transition.

The latter point of yours is quite intriguing. I wonder if Regier has taken any of these notes into consideration. But apparently, in his assbackward view, the keys to success in the present, are prospects for the future.

Archived