SabreSpace Connections

inkman

Meh...I'm bored and looking for something to entertain me until the NHL resumes.

I have met several of our hallowed posters in person and I am curious as to who all of you have met.

I'll start:

BCardona and I grew up on the same street.

I have met DaveB/TaroT at several TBD garbage plate endevours not to mention a ticket exchange.

Vanek-Nation and I met for a beer a while back and I bump into him on occasion as he works near my domicile.

d4rksabre/Mbossy and I met at rookie camp prior to this season.

I attended a TBD tailgate party where I met SDS and possibly other posters but it was a tailgate party...

I had every intention of meeting Stenbaro and Shrader as I visited their respective cities but we were never able to meet up.

I feel like I'm forgetting someone, I'm sure I'll hear about it if I did.

I look forward to hearing your SabreSpace connections. :)

I went to high school with (I guess former poster) OrangeSeats. That's all I've knowingly met. I'm far too important for you people. :lol:

And the thing you said about me and stenbaro... I thought he was in Buffalo. Doesn't he always mention seeing/hearing things at the arena?

I met a bunch of posters few seasons ago including SDS in Washington D.C. where we took over a bar. SDS even made a Sabrespace.com banner which was really cool. As Inkman said, i've seen him a few times at work and met him out for a Sabres game. I also met Eleven, Tom Webster and few others at Jade's prior to the Hurricanes game on Thanksgiving weekend.

Meh...I'm bored and looking for something to entertain me until the NHL resumes.

I have met several of our hallowed posters in person and I am curious as to who all of you have met.

I'll start:

BCardona and I grew up on the same street.

I have met DaveB/TaroT at several TBD garbage plate endevours not to mention a ticket exchange.

Vanek-Nation and I met for a beer a while back and I bump into him on occasion as he works near my domicile.

d4rksabre/Mbossy and I met at rookie camp prior to this season.

I attended a TBD tailgate party where I met SDS and possibly other posters but it was a tailgate party...

I had every intention of meeting Stenbaro and Shrader as I visited their respective cities but we were never able to meet up.

I feel like I'm forgetting someone, I'm sure I'll hear about it if I did.

I look forward to hearing your SabreSpace connections. :)

Hey, asswipe. How soon you forget, eh? I know your calves won't soon forget it.

to my regret, none. (none that i know of anyway.)

i nearly made it to t-web's thing back before thanksgiving, but could not swing it with everything else going on (we host the event).

my principal challenge at this point is as follows: i'm married (quite happily) with a bunch of kids (5, oldest is 10). the time that i manage to get out and away on my own is very, very limited. (i'm not grousing -- that's just how it is.) i've never actually spoken to my wife about SS -- it's not like i'm keeping it from her (go ahead, snark away) -- i just always figured that she'd find my affection for the place to be odd/boring/alien, etc.

but as the months (years!) have gone on and i've become more and more attached to the place and its regulars, i started feeling like i should say something to her. i've imagined that exchange as follows:

me: "hey, did i ever mention that i'm, like, sort of a regular on this one message board devoted to the sabres?"

her: "what? no. ... what's a message board?"

me: "oh, it's a website where fans of a team, or even like a band, can post thoughts, comments, news -- stuff like that."

her: [looking at grocery store circular] "mmm-hmm. okay."

me: "yeah, so, anyway, i've actually become sort of friends with other regulars on the board over time."

her: "oh ... what, you've met some of them?"

me: "well, no."

her: [???]

me: "anyway, some of the regulars are going to pearl street to watch the leafs game and i was thinking ..."

her: "wait, we can't manage to get out to dinner alone more than 4 or maybe 5 times a year and you're going to go out on a saturday to meet up with a bunch of internet dorks?"

me: "hey, hon, they're not internet dorks ... i mean, by that definition, i'd be an internet dork, too."

her: [arched eyebrow, smirk]

i realize that the foregoing might seem like it's painting my one-and-only in a bad light. i don't mean it in that way at all. as many guys who've been married for any length of time can attest, the whole dichotomy of men+mars/women+venus is QFT. she wouldn't intend to be a jerk about it -- she just wouldn't be able to fathom what i was talking about and why i would want to go out with people i know from the interwebs.

with all of that said, i'm still resolved to meet up with some of y'all at some point. here's hoping.

i nearly made it to t-web's thing back before thanksgiving, but could not swing it with everything else going on (we host the event).

my principal challenge at this point is as follows: i'm married (quite happily) with a bunch of kids (5, oldest is 10). the time that i manage to get out and away on my own is very, very limited. (i'm not grousing -- that's just how it is.) i've never actually spoken to my wife about SS -- it's not like i'm keeping it from her (go ahead, snark away) -- i just always figured that she'd find my affection for the place to be odd/boring/alien, etc.

but as the months (years!) have gone on and i've become more and more attached to the place and its regulars, i started feeling like i should say something to her. i've imagined that exchange as follows:

me: "hey, did i ever mention that i'm, like, sort of a regular on this one message board devoted to the sabres?"

me: "oh, it's a website where fans of a team, or even like a band, can post thoughts, comments, news -- stuff like that."

me: "yeah, so, anyway, i've actually become sort of friends with other regulars on the board over time."

me: "anyway, some of the regulars are going to pearl street to watch the leafs game and i was thinking ..."

her: "wait, we can't manage to get out to dinner alone more than 4 or maybe 5 times a year and you're going to go out on a saturday to meet up with a bunch of internet dorks?"

me: "hey, hon, they're not internet dorks ... i mean, by that definition, i'd be an internet dork, too."

i realize that the foregoing might seem like it's painting my one-and-only in a bad light. i don't mean it in that way at all. as many guys who've been married for any length of time can attest, the whole dichotomy of men+mars/women+venus is QFT. she wouldn't intend to be a jerk about it -- she just wouldn't be able to fathom what i was talking about and why i would want to go out with people i know from the interwebs.

with all of that said, i'm still resolved to meet up with some of y'all at some point. here's hoping.

LOL

Although, i've had great experiences with SS, the people i met were all very cool and nice, and i've bought tickets from people on here before. One guy sold me his playoff tickets, and even gave me a discount, he send me the tickets based on honesty as we didn't have time to wait for the money to arrive and vice versa. Totally cool.... And i bought tickets several other times through forums.

I've met SDS, Eleven, Vanek-man and Tom Webster at what was his "soon to be bar" in Depew and Wonderbread here where I live. All knowledgeable solid Sabre fans and great stand up posters.

Hey TW any progress report on creating the first official Sabrespace meeting bar ? We could use a few more of those scheduled open get togethers.

LMAO, that is w/o a doubt some of the same struggled conversation I had with my wife. We have been married going on 16 years and have 3 kids(7,10,12). I did go to TW's over Thanksgiving and I had to explain why I was going to meet a bunch of people I didn't know(haven't ever met before) other than Internet blogging. The only reason I got away with it w/o much struggle is it was my annual Bflo Bills game weekend with my family and friends that she has allowed me to do for over the last 10 years. Nice thing about being an out of towner I can say at that point what happens in Bflo stays in Bflo.

LMAO, that is w/o a doubt some of the same struggled conversation I had with my wife.

ain't it the truth. sometimes i manage to do okay in those conversations -- i get all jedi and maybe toss in a little flattery about her blouse or make some left-field comment about how she should definitely buy that one thing she was talking about that we absolutely don't need. most times, though, i end up feeling like i've been handed back a burlap sack which, to my dismay but not surprise, contains my balls.

Nice thing about being an out of towner I can say at that point what happens in Bflo stays in Bflo.

:thumbsup:

ain't it the truth. sometimes i manage to do okay in those conversations -- i get all jedi and maybe toss in a little flattery about her blouse or make some left-field comment about how she should definitely buy that one thing she was talking about that we absolutely don't need. most times, though, i end up feeling like i've been handed back a burlap sack which, to my dismay but not surprise, contains my balls.

:thumbsup:

"Now that's funny. If you don't think that's funny get the hell out of here".

whose willing to fly to tallahassee, florida to meet me?

the only connection i have is BMWolf21 went to Florida State, where I went, we never met each other though.

Well, I'll be roadtripping to Florida in my Solstice :D this summer or next. My girl has a condo in Ft. Myers and I have relatives in the Orlando area. Perhaps we can meet up then. :beer:

I've met SDS, Eleven, Vanek-man and Tom Webster at what was his "soon to be bar" in Depew and Wonderbread here where I live. All knowledgeable solid Sabre fans and great stand up posters.

Hey TW any progress report on creating the first official Sabrespace meeting bar ? We could use a few more of those scheduled open get togethers.

It was fun meeting you guys. (Sorry I missed you, TW.) Outside of those three, I don't think I've met anyone else in person besides Callaway, whom I know from outside the board. Actually, given the nature of Buffalo, I probably have met a few more, but just don't know it yet.

I like anonymity. No offense to anyone here, but I like to keep to myself. If I ever get the chance to go to a Sabres game - whether in Bflo or elsewhere - none of you will know who I am.

OTOH, I would prefer to meet some of my YouTube buddies someday, in spite of the fact that it will be piecemeal.

I like anonymity. No offense to anyone here, but I like to keep to myself. If I ever get the chance to go to a Sabres game - whether in Bflo or elsewhere - none of you will know who I am.

OTOH, I would prefer to meet some of my YouTube buddies someday, in spite of the fact that it will be piecemeal.

I think this is about right. "When worlds collide."

I have met SDS and watched him "try" to play hockey. He's seen me play, as well. He's a good dude, and we all owe him a great debt of gratitude for bringing us all together.

I've also met Corp000000000000000085, once at game one of the 2006 ECF where we raped and pillaged, then again at a Sabres/Caps game in DC.

I think BMWolf21 lives around the Cleveland area, so maybe I'll have him over for a playoff game (fingers crossed) this spring.

Love this place; don't know what I'd do without it!

Let's Go Buffalo!

Archived