[OT] Live Sporting Event Bucket List

LabattBlue

29 members have voted

1. 1. What sporting events would you like to attend in your lifetime?

• Super Bowl(without the Bills playing)
    • The Masters
    • Daytona 500/Indy 500
    • Duke Basketball Game @ Cameron Arena
    • US Open(Golf)
    • The Final Four
    • BCS Championship
    • World Series Game
    • College World Series
    • Georgia vs. Florida aka World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party
    • ACC Basketball Conference Championship
    • Ryder Cup
    • Stanley Cup Finals(without the Sabres playing)
    • NBA Finals
    • Michigan vs. Ohio State football at either location
    • US Open(Tennis)
    • Summer Olympics
    • Winter Olympics
    • Big East Basketball Championship at MSG
    • Other

Choose as many as you'd like!

I took the Sabres and Bills out of the equation because obviously everyone would want to attend if the Bills and Sabres were a part of the game.

I'd love to hear from people who have attended these or other "big time" sporting events in the past.

Except for the Winter Olympics and the NBA Finals which I am luke warm on, all of these are on my bucket list and I really need to get moving.

PS What got me thinking about this, was hearing Schopp talking yesterday about having an invite to the Masters for Wednesday and Thursday this year, but probably wasn't gong to go because he now has a child. He then followed that up with..."I'd rather go to the National Card Show". :blink:

I'm sure most would be a good time, but I don't HAVE to see many of them. The one thing I'd like to see live is a deciding game in the Stanley Cup finals. To me, that whole cup ceremony is the greatest thing on earth. I think the 4th round of any of the majors would be a cool thing to see in person too.

Practicing your handywork with the new survey tool. Nice job. I added my votes including one for other.

Okay, not quite all sporting events but for myself under other events I would add;

Running of the Bulls;

World cup championship socccer;

In Germany Octoberfest; where olympic drinking was originated if I'm not mistaken;

No love for the Outhouse Races at Bradford, PA's ode to the leek, "Stinkfest"? You haven't lived until you've seen Team Skid Mark roar past JJ's Saloon.

:unsure: Just how does that work ? I'm getting an image of people riding down a hillside on a porta Johnny turned on it's side.

I read this and I'm surprised to find the answer to be "none." A little moment of self-discovery, there.

There are sports that I would love to try, though. Like luge. Single luge, mind you. Or speedskating on a big rink. I've always thought that looks like fun.

Best sporting event I've been to where I didn't care about the outcome: a football game at Notre Dame.

I'm sure most would be a good time, but I don't HAVE to see many of them.

Kinda how I felt. I did pick the Super Bowl, College World Series, and BCS National Championship (until the day comes that CFB adds a +1 game, and then eventually a true playoff). I'd also like to go to Notre Dame for a regular-season football game, and while I'm there hit up the CFB HoF.

Kinda how I felt. I did pick the Super Bowl, College World Series, and BCS National Championship (until the day comes that CFB adds a +1 game, and then eventually a true playoff). I'd also like to go to Notre Dame for a regular-season football game, and while I'm there hit up the CFB HoF.

I was going to put a Notre Dame game on the list, but in the end it didn't make the list(which for the most part is my list). :)

No, these are home-made, old-fashioned outhouses that are pushed upright on a fairly level street.

Okay, but are they required to be functional outhouses or in design only ? IMO adding a certain element of stank to each would make the race more exciting..

Okay, but are they required to be functional outhouses or in design only ? IMO adding a certain element of stank to each would make the race more exciting..

They are replicas. :) The stank is contributed by the various leek dishes, the nearby oil refinery and the great unwashed masses of McKean County.

i went with world series, SCF, and "other".

like vanekman and a lot of others i suspect, i really want to get over the atlantic to see a premier-level game in europe where the stakes are high -- ideally, i will get to see the team i favor, liverpool. any time the subject turns to the best live game experiences, i always end up saying that there isn't a north america venue that would hold a candle to dozens of home stadiums in the english premier league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7xvegPH_Lw

i love my bills, but even a raucous "shout" doesn't compare with what those pasty limeys do with "you'll never walk alone" (which is a cheesy, maudlin song -- but when your home faithful belt it out like that during pre-game? chills.)

EDIT: the clip above may not even be from liverpool's stadium, but you get the idea.

I've attended a pretty decent number of the events listed, although in most cases because one of my teams was playing. I've never been to a major college football game, so that's pretty high on my list, as are Stanley Cup Finals and, after last night, Olympic hockey game.

Another item that didn't make the list that is pretty compelling is a heavyweight title fight.

Working for a sports marketing company, I have been fortunate to attend a lot of those and the most fun I had (atmosphere-wise in the game) was the Final Four. I am not even a big basketball fan (until Cuse gets to the tourney)so that says a lot. I would love to go to a Stanley Cup game between 2 Canadian teams!

i went with world series, SCF, and "other".

like vanekman and a lot of others i suspect, i really want to get over the atlantic to see a premier-level game in europe where the stakes are high -- ideally, i will get to see the team i favor, liverpool. any time the subject turns to the best live game experiences, i always end up saying that there isn't a north america venue that would hold a candle to dozens of home stadiums in the english premier league.

i love my bills, but even a raucous "shout" doesn't compare with what those pasty limeys do with "you'll never walk alone" (which is a cheesy, maudlin song -- but when your home faithful belt it out like that during pre-game? chills.)

EDIT: the clip above may not even be from liverpool's stadium, but you get the idea.

That is pretty goddamned cool!

I wonder if American sports fans would get more involved if they weren't bombarded with advertising, PA announcements and piped-in music from the time they enter until the time they leave the arena/stadium.

I'm pretty sure I heard hockey fans singing some song last playoffs -- starting during a break and continuing on into play.

Archived