Lydman pissed about being scratched...

LabattBlue

Lindy indicated that someone was banged up and someone was being scratched for poor play. I also thought it was good that he scratched them both at the same time in order to not mess up the other pairings. I do,however, think that Rivet and Butler both need to wake up.

Lindy indicated that someone was banged up and someone was being scratched for poor play. I also thought it was good that he scratched them both at the same time in order to not mess up the other pairings. I do,however, think that Rivet and Butler both need to wake up.

(I could be wrong) but i thought there was speculation that MacArthur was the "hurt" player... but Lindy in his post-game conference said it was due to poor play.

I think i'm a minority on this board, but i've liked Monty a lot this season. Kinda reminds me of a more physical version of Teppo. Very simple, rarly made mistakes, always calm, never gets in deep trouble.... but the SJ game and the VAN game he was brutal. I did think he played decent against the Ducks though. Despite the Daniel Sedin pass he put on Monty, which was filthy, can't blame Monty on that too much, overall i still think he played poorly. I wonder if him sitting was a "benching" or a "rest".

Bill wrote an article about this last night....

http://www.sabrespace.com/buffalo-sabres/article/lydman-upset-over-benching/

“I think the message was loud and clear that we need better play out there,” Ruff said. “We could’ve won both games – San Jose and Vancouver – with that pair playing better.”

Ouch.

I would probably bench Butler for the Boston game and put Lydman in his place.

On a tangent, I'd like to see Ellis get to play some shifts with Vanek.

THIS!

Bill wrote an article about this last night....

http://www.sabrespace.com/buffalo-sabres/article/lydman-upset-over-benching/

“I think the message was loud and clear that we need better play out there,” Ruff said. “We could’ve won both games – San Jose and Vancouver – with that pair playing better.”

Ouch.

Well I for one don't have a problem with it, it's true they did play bad and you need to be able to call a spade a spade. That said you need to apply it across the board and can not have any untouchables in order to keep the team first and chemistry going. Nothing wrong with knowing if you want to play you need leave it all out on the ice not counting the reality that everyone has a bad game and will make mistakes.

I have no problem with players being held directly accountable when they don't play well, however I have never been a fan of Ruff's weird tendency of regularly sitting the same players while others who perform just as bad, or worse, get 15+ minutes a night.

I don't think this means Lydman's in Lindy's doghouse though, Tallinder was scratched last year as well.

I wouldn't mind Stafford sitting again, though.

He had one good game after coming back and two or three half-decent ones, but other than that he's been invisible.

Unfortunately Vanek's been just as poor, but at least he's proven he can play at this level. Stafford's shown glimpses, but has proven zero so far.

I would probably bench Butler for the Boston game and put Lydman in his place.

On a tangent, I'd like to see Ellis get to play some shifts with Vanek.

Butler played 24 min. against NJ. Lindy isn't going to scratch him tonight. Given the win against NJ, which was a pretty solid team effort (although Miller kept them in it in the 1st period), I'd expect Lydman and Monty to stay in the press box tonight.

As for Ellis -- it would be great if Vanek could watch him and learn to keep his feet moving the way Ellis does.

Butler played 24 min. against NJ. Lindy isn't going to scratch him tonight. Given the win against NJ, which was a pretty solid team effort (although Miller kept them in it in the 1st period), I'd expect Lydman and Monty to stay in the press box tonight.

As for Ellis -- it would be great if Vanek could watch him and learn to keep his feet moving the way Ellis does.

Lindy? Is that you? Make Vanek more like Ellis... fantastic.

Itching to mix it up, eh? OK, here goes, O opposite-of-acute one: do you think Vanek moves his feet well? Do you think there are no parts of Vanek's game that need improvement? Do you think I was advocating to turn Vanek into a 4th-liner who gets 8 min. per game and is a frequent healthy scratch?

Itching to mix it up, eh? OK, here goes, O opposite-of-acute one: do you think Vanek moves his feet well? Do you think there are no parts of Vanek's game that need improvement? Do you think I was advocating to turn Vanek into a 4th-liner who gets 8 min. per game and is a frequent healthy scratch?

Freeman, you know I am way more on your side when it comes to Lindy, but PA made me giggle on this one. I am sure he knew what you meant ... but you did kinda walk into that one.

Freeman, you know I am way more on your side when it comes to Lindy, but PA made me giggle on this one. I am sure he knew what you meant ... but you did kinda walk into that one.

Well, I didn't think that was one of his better ones, but the curmudgeonly one is certainly funny on a pretty frequent basis.

I don't think Tom's problem is his feet.

The more Vanek moves his feet, the less he scores.

Getting Vanek to show up game in and game out, huslting and getting every ounce out of his hockey ability. I'd sign ip for that.

This is a better way of making the point that I was trying to make.

I don't think Tom's problem is his feet.

Nintey percent of the game is fifty percent mental. :D

The more Vanek moves his feet, the less he scores.

I agree that Vanek's problem is between the ears. I guess I think that when he's on his game -- focused, determined, confident, etc -- he's moving his feet, because when a player is into the game, he's moving his feet, not standing around. So I don't agree that the more he moves his feet, the less he scores.

Archived