GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Per snews

Harry Neale will be in his customary analyst's chair but he'll be working with different play-by-play voices on the rest of the Buffalo Sabres' road trip as the incomparable Rick Jeanneret takes his annual vacation. Jeanneret, who has cut his travel load in recent seasons, will rejoin the team Jan. 27 at home against New Jersey.

The remaining six games of the trip will be televised by MSG but only tonight's game against the New York Islanders in Nassau Coliseum and Monday's game in Phoenix will have Sabres announcers on the television side. The TV broadcasts from Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose and Vancouver will feature the home teams' announcers.

Intermission and studio host Kevin Sylvester will join Neale as the play-by-play man tonight and Monday. Rob Ray will also be on hand for Monday's game. Tonight's contest will be a high-definition telecast, with the Islanders' MSG crew running the intermissions.

The radio roster of play-by-play men joining Neale on WGR looks like this:

Tuesday in Anaheim — Dan Dunleavy from the Fan Radio and Rogers SportsNet in Toronto, who is the radio voice of the World Junior Championships.

Thursday in Los Angeles and next Saturday in San Jose — WGR beat reporter Paul Hamilton, who also does some Niagara University games.

Jan. 25 in Vancouver — Derek Wills, the voice of the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs since 2001.

Buffalo 7-1-2 in last 10, Isles 7-2-1 in last 10.

Banking four before the real left coast swing begins would be keen.

Wow. 15 points in their last eight games. If they could only score goals they'd have had, like,.. 16 points.

It can't be a good sign that KS is still hanging around the play by play booth. He seems like the kind of guy who has already KSed LQ's ass enough to take over from Rick. Shiver me timbers. I'll continue lobbying for Paul Hamilton or Jim Lorentz or some unknown "kid" -- but not MJ.

Is this the night the Sabres finally stop taking retarded stick penalties?

It can't be a good sign that KS is still hanging around the play by play booth. He seems like the kind of guy who has already KSed LQ's ass enough to take over from Rick. Shiver me timbers. I'll continue lobbying for Paul Hamilton or Jim Lorentz or some unknown "kid" -- but not MJ.

Atlanta was just one of those nights.

Per snews

Harry Neale will be in his customary analyst's chair but he'll be working with different play-by-play voices on the rest of the Buffalo Sabres' road trip as the incomparable Rick Jeanneret takes his annual vacation. Jeanneret, who has cut his travel load in recent seasons, will rejoin the team Jan. 27 at home against New Jersey.

The remaining six games of the trip will be televised by MSG but only tonight's game against the New York Islanders in Nassau Coliseum and Monday's game in Phoenix will have Sabres announcers on the television side. The TV broadcasts from Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose and Vancouver will feature the home teams' announcers.

Intermission and studio host Kevin Sylvester will join Neale as the play-by-play man tonight and Monday. Rob Ray will also be on hand for Monday's game. Tonight's contest will be a high-definition telecast, with the Islanders' MSG crew running the intermissions.

The radio roster of play-by-play men joining Neale on WGR looks like this:

Tuesday in Anaheim — Dan Dunleavy from the Fan Radio and Rogers SportsNet in Toronto, who is the radio voice of the World Junior Championships.

Thursday in Los Angeles and next Saturday in San Jose — WGR beat reporter Paul Hamilton, who also does some Niagara University games.

Jan. 25 in Vancouver — Derek Wills, the voice of the AHL's Hamilton Bulldogs since 2001.

This could be pretty cool. I wish the games were a little earlier, though!

Atlanta was just one of those nights.

Nah. I'm not going to go back through all the boxscores, but it's been happening for several games now. I can think of a Rivet slash and a Vanek slash in the neutral zone that had Ruff saying something like, "Why would he do that?" Whether it's winning, or being one of the best on the PK, or having Miller in goal, the Sabres seem to have gotten into the habit of taking a lot of penalties. Surprising, because they've been so disciplined this season.

Going out to the game tonight. The GF scored me some VIP tix for Christmas 2nd row blueline. Living out on Long Island, my chances to see live game action are few and far between. Needless to say I am PUMPED!! My first chance to see Myers, and the elite Miller (who was not so elite last time I saw him, but I digress).

I'll be sporting my slug cap with pride.

Anyone else ever record a game, then try to avoid all hockey media (that would give away the final score) for a couple days before getting a chance to watch it? I did this for the Atlanta game and now don't even have time to watch it :thumbdown: , I guess I need the Complaint thread....

Who's in goal for Isles tonight? Should be a good one.

Anyone else ever record a game, then try to avoid all hockey media (that would give away the final score) for a couple days before getting a chance to watch it? I did this for the Atlanta game and now don't even have time to watch it :thumbdown: , I guess I need the Complaint thread....

Who's in goal for Isles tonight? Should be a good one.

I'm doing this tonight. I won't watch it until well after it is over.

It's a money move. Sylvester's already there anyway. They're not going to spend the extra money to get someone else there.

Archived