GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

LabattBlue

You need to "SCORE GOALS" to win games, this team has no consistency in this.

We all worried that with the bottom 6 and the D-men scoring the majority of the goals, that one of two things would happen -

1) Eventually the top 6 would finally get their touch and start pumping in the goals

2) The goals would dry up from the others, and we would struggle to win games

Unfortunately, #2 happened before #1 could. Against top teams, opponents put their best against our top 6, as a result, our goals going back to the beginning of Dec.. 1 against the Rags, shutout against the Devs, 3 against the Caps, 2 against the Hawks, 3 against the Rags, 4 against the Habs, shutout against the Sens, 5 against the Leaves and 1 against the Pens - average of just over 2 GPG.. we're only still in the running thanks to Miller and the D.

We really need a strong, veteran centre who can chip in with 30 goals.. if we can offload either Hecht or Pommers and a prospect (Mancari?) for that then so be it, life goes on and all that

lol, very good.

I would venture to say not only Vanek, but none of the top 6 score tonight. Or most other nights for that matter.

I really hope Darcy is attempting to bring a couple of scorers and skilled talent in.

Pipe Dream, but I hope so as well.

Just one player, at the least.

I am not unhappy with the results we have been having this season - not complaining - just looking for more offense from the top six.

We all should be satisfied with our place in the standings at this point his season - and we have at least one more...for now.

We all worried that with the bottom 6 and the D-men scoring the majority of the goals, that one of two things would happen -

1) Eventually the top 6 would finally get their touch and start pumping in the goals

2) The goals would dry up from the others, and we would struggle to win games

Unfortunately, #2 happened before #1 could. Against top teams, opponents put their best against our top 6, as a result, our goals going back to the beginning of Dec.. 1 against the Rags, shutout against the Devs, 3 against the Caps, 2 against the Hawks, 3 against the Rags, 4 against the Habs, shutout against the Sens, 5 against the Leaves and 1 against the Pens - average of just over 2 GPG.. we're only still in the running thanks to Miller and the D.

We really need a strong, veteran centre who can chip in with 30 goals.. if we can offload either Hecht or Pommers and a prospect (Mancari?) for that then so be it, life goes on and all that

I would give up Vanek and any other 1 of the top 6 for Kovalchuck, along with prospects/picks. Not the center we need I agree, but would give line 1 the shot in the arm it needs. We have dmen we can move as well.

Merry Christmas everyone! Santa brought us the Toronto Maple Leafs as a present.

Hey Leaf Fans: MILLER! MILLER! You'll hear it over and over in your nightmares tonight and don't ever forget it. Maybe that'll shut you up - you smug fans. They just never learn not to mess with us.

Make it two more!!!!

Roy all is forgiven!

I wouldn't go THAT far. Roy, Pominville, Stafford, Vanek, and Connolly have a lot to atone for. The other guys have been picking up their slack for a while now.

They were lucky to get the 2 points tonight, if the third was any indicator.

Of course, I had the crappy JustinTV feed tonight, maybe it looked better with fluidity?

I wouldn't go THAT far. Roy, Pominville, Stafford, Vanek, and Connolly have a lot to atone for. The other guys have been picking up their slack for a while now.

They were lucky to get the 2 points tonight, if the third was any indicator.

Of course, I had the crappy JustinTV feed tonight, maybe it looked better with fluidity?

This win was as much of a given as the loss to Ottawa will be on saturday. Neither was ever in doubt (or will be in doubt) at any point.

I would give up Vanek and any other 1 of the top 6 for Kovalchuck, along with prospects/picks. Not the center we need I agree, but would give line 1 the shot in the arm it needs. We have dmen we can move as well.

A premadonna like Kovalchuk would disrupt the overall team chemistry (standings don't lie!)

This team is so resilient with so many interchangeable parts - what a concept. To try to create a top line at the expense of the rest of the machine is NOT the path to SC.

I am proud Buffalo can show the rest how to do it. And, we have a huge advantage. Most of the parts are developed in our system!

Thomas gets 4th shutout Boston 2 awa 0.

Go Sabres!

This win was as much of a given as the loss to Ottawa will be on saturday. Neither was ever in doubt (or will be in doubt) at any point.

You don't seriously believe this, do you? I was doubting it until the last goal. After all of the games the Sabres have won against the Leafs, I think the Leafs would try and stop the trend. And eventually they will succeed.

Just like the Sabres will eventually win against the Senators.

You don't seriously believe this, do you? I was doubting it until the last goal. After all of the games the Sabres have won against the Leafs, I think the Leafs would try and stop the trend. And eventually they will succeed.

Very cool new avatar, Sizzle.

And I'm going Saturday, and I expect a win. No; I expect a freaking STATEMENT win.

I agree, they will eventually win - today we were luckier - but that comes with our terrirtory! Kudos to TO for a well fought game and only one penalty!

Excellent TO!

Ottawa, methinks Sabres are ready!!!

I love playing the Leaves. My thoughts on the game:

*Connolly has really mailed it in. Damn, at least pretend to try...WTF.

*Our 4th line was simply awesome, as per usual. So happy to see Paetsch get one from Ellis.

*Miller is excellence. Night in and night out, he's just making it look easy.

*Montador had a great game. Two assists and solid play all night.

*Sekera showed some incredible speed tonight, and flattened a couple Leaves with big hits. He's starting to come of age.

*After Hecht's failure to tie up his man in front of the net directly led to the 2nd goal I was about to jump through the set and pound him. Sure enough, he rebounded with the critical tying goal, and assisted on the winner. Nice comeback from the abyss.

*Roy, thank you for saving a little face for the Top 6. You infuriated me with your periferal fanciness in the offensive zone, but then came through with the huge goal. I'll take that tradeoff anytime. At least you hustle.

*Pominville is good for at least one monster giveaway a night. He better buy Miller a few rolexes for saving his ass so much.

Great win, guys. Now let's pray that Kaleta is going to be OK, because we really need him in the lineup. Vanek...take your time. Maybe take Connolly into the press box with you.

A premadonna like Kovalchuk would disrupt the overall team chemistry (standings don't lie!)

This team is so resilient with so many interchangeable parts - what a concept. To try to create a top line at the expense of the rest of the machine is NOT the path to SC.

I am proud Buffalo can show the rest how to do it. And, we have a huge advantage. Most of the parts are developed in our system!

Thomas gets 4th shutout Boston 2 awa 0.

Go Sabres!

Great post. Come playoff time you need depth. If all the scoring you have is on the top two lines than any shutdown opposition will stick with the stars. You need the secondary scoring. Our defense and goaltending is there and in my opinion those are the most important pieces....

Archived