GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

LabattBlue

The letter is ironic in that Imlach reportedly blew up at his Sabres in the playoffs in 76 for golfing between games on Long Island in the quarterfinals.

Now that I didn't know. Maybe back in 62 it was thought golfing was good excercise for playing hockey but not so much by 76? Hell they thought 20 push ups' sit ups and 30 knee bends was exhibition ready hockey shape. If that was the case Gordie Howe look out I'm ready to lace em up.

A little more info on what I mentioned earlier, courtesy of Elias Sports Bureau:

RYAN MILLER: 9 WINS IN 9 GAMES IN '09 VS. LEAFS

Derek Roy scored in overtime to give the Sabres a 3-2 win at Toronto and enable Buffalo to finish the calendar year with a perfect record against the Maple Leafs. The Sabres won all nine games they played against the Leafs in 2009, outscoring them 35-12, with goaltender Ryan Miller getting the victory in each game. It's the third time in NHL history that a goaltender has had nine or more decisions against a particular team in one calendar year and won them all. The previous two instances were by the same man, Hall-of-Famer Frank Brimsek, who was 10-0-0 against Chicago in 1939 and 9-0-0 versus Montreal in 1941.

That's pretty cool. Ryan Miller is only the second goalie to ever accomplish such a feat and the first in 68 years.

Edit: Fixed the bad maths.

A little more info on what I mentioned earlier, courtesy of Elias Sports Bureau:

That's pretty cool. Ryan Miller is only the second goalie to ever accomplish such a feat and the first in 58 years.

That is pretty special..

That's pretty cool. Ryan Miller is only the second goalie to ever accomplish such a feat and the first in 58 years.

check that math....

Archived