Slug jersey coming to an end

Two or less

I love the old Bisons jersey, in part because I am a Pepsi guy as opposed to Coke ... but since they just switched the pouring rights in the arena to Coke, I doubt they will be taking the ice with what amounts to a Pepsi logo on their chests.

Well, that's that then :cry:

Thanks for the info.

I still think they aughta give Slabyk his props for coming up with, what are still, the best alternate Sabres jersey designs out there. He had some great ideas and they should use one. No one would complain.

I vote for my avatar. I designed it on my own, but John had a similar design. It's not anything new, really, just a logical extension of some previous logos.

I had to make the decision to buy either the slug or our 3rd jersey recently and the it was an easy decision. My new 3rd jersey is an investment for the rest of my life (Replica with no name/number). The 3rd jersey will always be the best option not only in keeping tradition, but I will be able to give it to my kids someday and it will still have its throwback appeal. I am all for getting rid of the slug personally and was never a fan of the "goat head."

OK, now you may think I'm kidding or even crazy, but how about a variation in colors on the old Buffalo Bisons minor hockey league logo (I've attached two examples). I know the Bisons aren't the Sabres and that they we're a minor league team but I personally like this logo and what the heck, let the Sabres set a precedent for what a third jersey can be! Plus, it's still a Buffalo thing and the Bisons had some pretty good players from their time on that team: Jacques Plante, Toe Blake, Brad Park, Gilles Villemure and Guy Trottier (ref: http://www.buffalosportsmuseum.com/Page_2.php ).

What say thee?

I've suggested this before and think they would be great.

I vote for my avatar. I designed it on my own, but John had a similar design. It's not anything new, really, just a logical extension of some previous logos.

I like the blue and gold goathead you made. That should absolutely be the third. I think it's my favorite all time jersey that never existed. :thumbsup:

The old home whites were fantastic.

I agree 1000% - I really hope the Sabres finally relent to all of the fans' requests and forego the cultural marketing trends sports merchandising enslaves itself to by returning to the original 1970-1996 designs. If they want to "update" them by keeping the smaller jersey number on the chest along with the collar lacing, that's fine but the variations on the blue and added striping/piping seems totally unnecessary.

The blue and gold goat-head makes me giggle and I'm not sure why. Literally every time I see it I laugh to myself. It's just got that hint of right-ness to it.

Also, that City of Hockey logo is outrageous and I love it.

The Demonic Goathead, so coined by Jim Kelley. I'd also love to see it come back as the third jersey. Please, for the love of all that is good, we don't need a NEW new third jersey. It's been 10 years since that team went to the finals in the DG. It would be a nice nod to a very successful era of Sabres hockey, and I don't want to hear any baloney about the Rigases.

I agree 1000% - I really hope the Sabres finally relent to all of the fans' requests and forego the cultural marketing trends sports merchandising enslaves itself to by returning to the original 1970-1996 designs. If they want to "update" them by keeping the smaller jersey number on the chest along with the collar lacing, that's fine but the variations on the blue and added striping/piping seems totally unnecessary.

I don't know, it doesn't look too bad to me ...

post-1053-12609115414488_thumb.jpg

Of course, they could just adopt the WC jerseys.

I reeeeeeally want that jacket Ruff's wearing.

I was wrong earlier about Myers looking like Washington crossing the Delaware. RUFF looks like Washington crossing the Delaware in that pic.

And I reallllly want to see you wearing that jacket. With a whipped cream mustache, your hair pulled back, chocolate scars, a whistle, holding a steaming wok...

Archived