Slug jersey coming to an end

Two or less

I know I have asked this before and can't recall the answer...

Why did the NHL make the switch where the jerseys teams wore at home and on the road were flipped? I really miss the whites(excluding the slug of course) at home.

The NHL was adding 3rd dark jerseys and wanted the home fans to see them live. This made it complicated for teams on road trips, as they now needed to bring both sets of uniforms in case the home team was sporting their dark jerseys. Also, the dark jerseys are much better selling than the whites, so the NHL decided to use them for "home" to maximize potential revenue. Finally, because the NHL used home dark/road white up until the 1970 season, it was considered a "throwback".

Personally, I agree with you 100%. It's always more fun to see the road team in the dark colors for added variety, plus the whites are much easier to identify on TV than the darks. Again, I also grew up in the era of home white/road dark, so it will always be my preference.

I guess this thread is about merchandise so I want to let you guys (and gals) know that the book AUDieu just came out and is a great X-Mas gift, picked one up yesterday.

http://www.buffaloheritage.com/audieu.html

A bunch of great pics, before, during , and after demolition. A bunch of history on the place.

Written and photos by Suzanne Taylor (a/k/a The Aud Braud).

For my money, it's this for the third jersey.

WC jerseys for the whites, current 3rds for the darks.

You get the classic look for home / away, and something updated with a better logo featuring an actual sword -- something entirely new that they can sell more of and make more money on! Best of both worlds for fans and for revenue.post-273-12614315622807_thumb.jpg

For my money, it's this for the third jersey.

WC jerseys for the whites, current 3rds for the darks.

You get the classic look for home / away, and something updated with a better logo featuring an actual sword -- something entirely new that they can sell more of and make more money on! Best of both worlds for fans and for revenue.post-273-12614315622807_thumb.jpg

Very nice.

Ooh, we're going back to high school.

He called me a douchebag without any provocation. Considering I'd wipe the floor with the guy if he ever tried that in person I'd say my response was pretty calm. Not sure how I could have responded more mild and polite than that besides thanking him for the insult.

He called me a douchebag without any provocation. Considering I'd wipe the floor with the guy if he ever tried that in person I'd say my response was pretty calm. Not sure how I could have responded more mild and polite than that besides thanking him for the insult.

read your sig

I sincerely don't think he was making a joke judging from the way he threw out the insult so randomly, but if he was than I applaud his very dry wit.

read it again, and then read what he wrote the first time, and then how he responded.

I sincerely don't think he was making a joke judging from the way he threw out the insult so randomly, but if he was than I applaud his very dry wit.

dude, he was reading your signature. Even I got it right away and it isn't my sig.

read it again, and then read what he wrote the first time, and then how he responded.

I get the response, but I felt he was being serious and then using my sig to be a smart ass. Look, I just didn't like being called a douchebag like that out of the clear blue sky. It would be one thing if he and I had a back-and-forth argument going, but it wasn't that way. If he was joking than it goes away as a witty comment that I took the wrong way. If he was not I'll assume he was looking for trouble. Since you guys are certain he was joking, I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and leave it at that.

Archived