Slug jersey coming to an end

Two or less

He called me a douchebag without any provocation. Considering I'd wipe the floor with the guy if he ever tried that in person I'd say my response was pretty calm. Not sure how I could have responded more mild and polite than that besides thanking him for the insult.

Lighten up Francis.

Oh, and wipe your own floor.

For my money, it's this for the third jersey.

WC jerseys for the whites, current 3rds for the darks.

You get the classic look for home / away, and something updated with a better logo featuring an actual sword -- something entirely new that they can sell more of and make more money on! Best of both worlds for fans and for revenue.post-273-12614315622807_thumb.jpg

Creative, and a lot better than what "they" come up with (whoever "they" are). Personally, I have always liked the logo from the Red 3rd jersey in the "Angry Goat" uniform era. The one with the Puck and the Crossed Swords as a logo and it said "BUFFALO" along the bottom. For a new 3rd jersey, I'd love to see that logo with a Blue and Gold color scheme, or something based off of it. I do agree that a "sword" in the logo is almost mandatory... lack of it might be the biggest reason, I think, most people don't like the Slug.

Personally, I have always liked the logo from the Red 3rd jersey in the "Angry Goat" uniform era. The one with the Puck and the Crossed Swords as a logo and it said "BUFFALO" along the bottom. For a new 3rd jersey, I'd love to see that logo with a Blue and Gold color scheme, or something based off of it. I do agree that a "sword" in the logo is almost mandatory... lack of it might be the biggest reason, I think, most people don't like the Slug.

Some of these appeared back on pg. 4-5, but they're always fun to see:

post-1053-12616105406543_thumb.jpg

I doubt anything happens to it.

I agree that the gray is very out-of-place. The whole current design, from color-scheme to logo, is an absolute disgrace. I swear, I think they designed them for what nine year-olds would think "is cool".

There NEVER was a need to change the logo... not in 1995 and not in 2007. Updating the uniforms, I can see. But how about some creativity while still being classic? Current "blue" is so dark it looks black unless you're two feet away. But I guess that's "modern".

If we have to have that "modern blue", look at the San Diego Chargers color scheme. It's very similar to Sabres - but THEY add a touch of "baby blue" - a tribute to their history and allows them to "scheme in" baby blue jerseys and merchandise. Can you imagine if the Sabres went to the old logo with a classic blue and white for home/away and then added a 3rd jersey whose primary color was baby blue while adding the "regular" blue and gold as trim? Ask the Pittsburgh Penguins both about how good that kind of blue can look and how much it sells. A big problem with Sabres current colored jerseys is that the whole uniform is the same color. It doesn't look good. Check out Habs, Rangers, Blackhawks, etc. when wearing colored jerseys. Red with Blue pants. Blue with Red pants. Red with Black pants. MUCH better looking.

I honestly can't believe that the folks who design NHL uniforms do this for a living.

I agree that the gray is very out-of-place. The whole current design, from color-scheme to logo, is an absolute disgrace. I swear, I think they designed them for what nine year-olds would think "is cool".

There NEVER was a need to change the logo... not in 1995 and not in 2007. Updating the uniforms, I can see. But how about some creativity while still being classic? Current "blue" is so dark it looks black unless you're two feet away. But I guess that's "modern".

If we have to have that "modern blue", look at the San Diego Chargers color scheme. It's very similar to Sabres - but THEY add a touch of "baby blue" - a tribute to their history and allows them to "scheme in" baby blue jerseys and merchandise. Can you imagine if the Sabres went to the old logo with a classic blue and white for home/away and then added a 3rd jersey whose primary color was baby blue while adding the "regular" blue and gold as trim? Ask the Pittsburgh Penguins both about how good that kind of blue can look and how much it sells. A big problem with Sabres current colored jerseys is that the whole uniform is the same color. It doesn't look good. Check out Habs, Rangers, Blackhawks, etc. when wearing colored jerseys. Red with Blue pants. Blue with Red pants. Red with Black pants. MUCH better looking.

I honestly can't believe that the folks who design NHL uniforms do this for a living.

Do our pants even match? Paul Gaustad - Buffalo Sabres vs. Ottawa Senators - 12/26/09

Icethetics did another workup of ideas for Sabres unis... I'm hating everything on this batch of concepts accept the vintage 3rds. The dark uniforms with the grey numbers is particularly heinous.

http://www.icethetic...rebrand-iv.html

Agreed - but I would have no problem with the B/crossed sabre logo as a third, except with gold numbers not silver.

By the way, does anyone else have an issue with the rounded hems on the current NHL jerseys? Occasionally when a player spins around quickly, the bottom of the jersey flares out like a figure skater's skirt. Not the image most hockey players want to project, I would imagine.

Icethetics did another workup of ideas for Sabres unis... I'm hating everything on this batch of concepts except the vintage 3rds. The dark uniforms with the grey numbers is particularly heinous.

http://www.icethetic...rebrand-iv.html

Thanks for the post. The "B" in the middle of the logo is a little too "Boston Bruins" for me, and maybe these would not be MY choices if designing them, but Holy Smokes... these are about 500% better than what we have now. I would be thrilled if I look at the Sabres new uniforms and aren't embarrassed anymore to be a Sabre fan. ;-)

Archived