GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Here's hoping for a mistake-free game tonight.. cannot afford any against the fast 'Hawks..

I'd rather we played against teams like the 'Hawks and Caps, open and end-to-end, it allows us to play to our strengths better than when play teams like the Devils or the Rangers for that matter

Shame Grier's not going to be here for tonight's game, I'd love to see that Vanek-Grier-Kennedy line on against Kane.

Lalime to start tonight? Gerbe still here? Will we show up ready to play?

Go Sabres! B-)

There's a pretty cool article about Kane and Kennedy, going back to South Buffalo, in the BN.

South Buffalo, as they say, isn't an area near Mercy Hospital but an attitude. It's a competitive toughness that's driven less by winning and more by a hatred of losing. You play hard and play right. If that doesn't work, you cheat. If that doesn't work, you fight. If that doesn't work, well, it better damned well work.

That was Kennedy. And that was Kane.

I say we use some late-round picks to start drafting every decent player for South Buffalo. :thumbsup:

There's a pretty cool article about Kane and Kennedy, going back to South Buffalo, in the BN.

I say we use some late-round picks to start drafting every decent player for South Buffalo. :thumbsup:

I have no idea about South Buffalo. Not even sure where it is, although I could guess it's in the south. :) But from all I've gathered, reading between the lines, it sounds like the home of a bunch of .

Anyone else get the idea Kane is not at all repentant for what he did? I've heard him say numerous times, something to the effect that he has to be careful what he does in public now, with all the attention he gets. Sounds a little too much like, "I'm sorry... I got caught."

Anyone else get the idea Kane is not at all repentant for what he did? I've heard him say numerous times, something to the effect that he has to be careful what he does in public now, with all the attention he gets. Sounds a little too much like, "I'm sorry... I got caught."

Chalk it up to being young and immature.

I have no idea about South Buffalo. Not even sure where it is, although I could guess it's in the south. :) But from all I've gathered, reading between the lines, it sounds like the home of a bunch of .

If I owned a cab company I would offer free (or maybe charge 20 cents) cab rides to the game for Sabre fans. How awesome would it be for Kane to pull up to the rink and dozens of taxi cabs were lined up in from of the building.

Lalime had to start eventually and as PA said after the Caps game, listening to Lindy you'd know Lalime would start either tonight or tomorrow. If Hawks have a bad goaltending game, i would have said it's gonna be hard for us to lose with Miller. With Lalime in net, i don't see anyway we beat them with their offense. I would have played Miller at home and hoped for 2 points and played Lalime tomorrow vs. a much less of an attack. We'll see how it all works out, hope i'm wrong, but i don't see Lalime allowing less then 4 goals tonight.

If Lalime gets lit up tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last appearance for the Sabres. There's been too much chatter/movement lately about him and the backup position.

Agreed. Miller would play for the rest of the month and shortly after the 1st, Sabres will make a deal.

Lalime had to start eventually and as PA said after the Caps game, listening to Lindy you'd know Lalime would start either tonight or tomorrow. If Hawks have a bad goaltending game, i would have said it's gonna be hard for us to lose with Miller. With Lalime in net, i don't see anyway we beat them with their offense. I would have played Miller at home and hoped for 2 points and played Lalime tomorrow vs. a much less of an attack. We'll see how it all works out, hope i'm wrong, but i don't see Lalime allowing less then 4 goals tonight.

This will test my theory of playing Lalime in tough spots, in games where he and the team should be mentally ready to go, where Lalime feels like he's being given a vote of confidence -- versus starting Lalime in Columbus, or something.

Ruff gave Lalime a little slap yesterday. See Bill Hoppe's article. I think he'll respond. For once I think the team will play well in front of him.

This will test my theory of playing Lalime in tough spots, in games where he and the team should be mentally ready to go, where Lalime feels like he's being given a vote of confidence -- versus starting Lalime in Columbus, or something.

Ruff gave Lalime a little slap yesterday. See Bill Hoppe's article. I think he'll respond. For once I think the team will play well in front of him.

I don't understand the play in front of him theory. In Ottawa, i thought we played great. Just couldn't score but we dominated the Sens and didn't allow any high quality shots. After shooting like 23 times on the Sens, the Sens dumped the puck twice on net for 2 goals, on like their 8th or 9th shot of the game. Sport is a game of momentum and whatever Sabres had that game, it was gone.

I don't think Lindy has much confidence in Limey. I'd assume he starts just because he wants Miller against NYR. NY's in the same conference as the Sabres and it's more of a 4 point game than losing 2 points to Chicago.

Winning against Chicago and losing to NYR equals no division points.

Losing to Chicago and beating NYR equals 4 division points.

Then again 6 points are better.

Oh, and no hyperhidrosis tonight!

I don't think Lindy has much confidence in Limey. I'd assume he starts just because he wants Miller against NYR. NY's in the same conference as the Sabres and it's more of a 4 point game than losing 2 points to Chicago.

I think this is right.

BTW, it looks like Montreal is looking to trade Halak: check it out. They want a top-6 forward in return. Bob Gainey, their GM, was a terrific player and is a terrible GM who loves to overpay small forwards. The Habs also are always looking to add French-Canadians. Could we unload Pommer, saddle the Habs with another atrocious contract, and pick up an excellent #2 goalie in the bargain?

Archived