GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Florida is playing a solid road game tonight. Really pressing us on the penalty kills. Only thing that works against that is quick puck movement but Bflo is not executing crisp tape to tape passes. Damn someones observation last game has got me noticing and I do see the puck bouncing and jumping over a lot of Bflo sticks tonight.

Good news we hit a couple posts and a few bad hops away from a couple goal lead instead of 1 goal deficit. So time to get to work in the 3rd period and take this puppy...

This is going to test the Kinder, Gentler Lindy. That was a brain dead performance from the goal on out. Bad penalties are creeping into their game, and the early one by Rivet and the late one by Kaleta were atrocious. Nice dump in by Vanek at the end of the shift. And a WTF wave! Eye-yi-yi.

Didn't like our energy tonight, to much gliding going on, not enough moving the feet, passes off mark, bad anticipation, bad bounces and no chemistry. Easy to say now but should have played lalime to give the team a message they would have to play harder instead of all the coasting I saw out there... Okay burn the tape and according to Lindy's new image give'em a hug and an optional skate day tommorrow they look tired.. :rolleyes:

I have a real problem with that interference call on Kaleta. Not that it wasn't interference, but I have seen that play thousands of times. I have NEVER seen another team get called for it. The other player had no intention of playing the puck either. He just happened to get blasted into the boards. BS. Alright PA, let me know why I'm wrong.

All good teams lay an egg at times, but the only wins I've been able to see were against Detroit and Philly. Great wins but I want to see this team dominate and find a way to win when they face a little adversity. If they flounder and end up 2 points out of 8th place at the end of the season, I'll remember this game. If they put it behind them and do what I expect, this game will certainly not remain in any of our memories.

Man, they looked like poo tonight. Way too much passing...bad passing...and not shooting the puck when they had the opportunities. Especially on the power play. It just seems that this team passes on so many open looks to the net, and looks for the blast from the point, which is inevitably blocked most of the time.

I have a real problem with that interference call on Kaleta. Not that it wasn't interference, but I have seen that play thousands of times. I have NEVER seen another team get called for it. The other player had no intention of playing the puck either. He just happened to get blasted into the boards. BS. Alright PA, let me know why I'm wrong.

And not that it was the only thing wrong with tonight's effort, but the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks is the Fourth line out there down by one with 2.5 minutes left?! :angry:

You could tell that they weren't going to score the tying goal for the whole period... no inspiration.

So I missed the victories vs. CGY and @PHI... are they just inconsistent? Is this team actually something special? From what I've seen... consistency hasn't been something I've noticed so far.

You could tell that they weren't going to score the tying goal for the whole period... no inspiration.

So I missed the victories vs. CGY and @PHI... are they just inconsistent? Is this team actually something special? From what I've seen... consistency hasn't been something I've noticed so far.

Well I would not call 12-5-1 inconsistent if they want to win three loose one all year thats fine by me.

I think overall, this was a lousy and boring game. The Panthers played the perfect road game, got in shot lanes, and blocked a ton of shots. The Panthers did not give the Sabres that many opportunities. And the few opportunities the Sabres got, they did not take advantage of. Vanek and Rivet both hit posts, and if either one goes in, this is a completely different game. Myers created a few chances but didn't get much on his shots. You have to give credit to Florida tonight, they played the perfect road game and made this game look ridiculously ugly, kind of like the Philly game on Saturday night which the Sabres won.

I missed some of the other losses, but I kind of felt that Miller just did not look sharp tonight. You could tell especially on the Weiss goal. Miller usually never would play that puck and would freeze it. I'm not sure why he decided to play the puck instead of freezing it, but it was clearly a mistake. I think some of the other goals were a result of really poor defensive play and the fact the Sabres were out of the game, so the goals looked worse than they were. While it would have been an exceedingly difficult save, I've seen Miller make the save on Stillman's goal a few other times this year, and similar saves on some of the other goals he gave up tonight. Which is why I can say, Miller didn't seem to look sharp tonight. I'm not concerned as I know what Miller is capable of, and every goalie has a bad night here and there.

Ugly game, poor play in the defensive zone, not taking advantage of opportunities, and Florida blocking tons of shots are why the Sabres lost tonight. How they react on Friday will tell me more about this team than the loss tonight does.

Archived