GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

He wasn't asked what he thought of booing fans. He was asked whether Florida's "boring style," which Miller openly scoffed at, made it tough for the Sabres to get the crowd into the game. Ryan's very crafty. He got the dig in, but he did so in a way that should protect him from criticism. Except from pricks like me.

I knew I should have asked what the question was! :lol:

I have to agree with PA, for the most part, with regards to Miller: I think the Miller post-game interview is odd. It's obviously still up at the Sabres site and the NHL's site (which are all the same anyway) for anyone to see - to me he's clearly upset at the game and he's aiming his guns at the fans for some reason.

My reaction to what he said was "well, Ryan, if the PP worked and your team didn't have to rely on the PK to keep you in games - then you'd probably have won some of the games you lost and hence the fans would be even happier."

It is akin to Stafford's mouse potatoes comment last season IMHO.

I have to agree with PA, for the most part, with regards to Miller: I think the Miller post-game interview is odd. It's obviously still up at the Sabres site and the NHL's site (which are all the same anyway) for anyone to see - to me he's clearly upset at the game and he's aiming his guns at the fans for some reason.

My reaction to what he said was "well, Ryan, if the PP worked and your team didn't have to rely on the PK to keep you in games - then you'd probably have won some of the games you lost and hence the fans would be even happier."

It is akin to Stafford's mouse potatoes comment last season IMHO.

I didn't get this impression and I didn't think it was weird at all. I think he was pissed and honest. That's all. Do you really want him thinking about what the fans want when he is on the ice? I don't. Just win. That's all he should be thinking about.

I didn't get this impression and I didn't think it was weird at all. I think he was pissed and honest. That's all. Do you really want him thinking about what the fans want when he is on the ice? I don't. Just win. That's all he should be thinking about.

No one is saying he should be thinking of anything other than playing his game the best he can. Point is, you don't take your team's evening suck out on the fans - which is what he was doing when he said that. He knows the PP is crap and the team, including himself, were the epitome of suck Wednesday night and his response is that he doesn't care what the fans think of that, and that we should just be happy with wins?

By saying he doesn't care what WE think, he's saying one of three things: he doesn't give a damn about the fans (which I don't believe); that he thinks the fans are wrong about the PP sucking and the team lacking long-term will and ability; or that he was having a hissy fit and the pressure got to him.

I say, Ryan, dude, you're 29 years old, grow up already. No one on that team or in that organization has earned the right to criticize Sabres fans for giving a damn how the Sabres play.

Archived