[OT] Per NFL Network Jauron Just Got Canned

Taro T

Too little too late, but I guess it's better than nothing.

For this year yes. Hopefully this is only part of what is going on over at OBD and they are looking at a real GM as well. If they get one of those, they can have a leg up on the other teams that will need a new coach after the season is done. (Note I said IF, not that I expect it to happen.)

The whole office is in full party mode right now. But what next..?

1. Play our remaining string of games

2. Fire Modrak & Guy

3. Move Brandon back to marketing

4. Find the best available football man to take over the operation

5. Waive about half the players on the team.

OK, so I'm over my initial euphoria at hearing this news. I just realized that I won't be truly hopeful unless they completely clean house in the front office, and bring in a STRONG FOOTBALL MAN to be a true GM of the franchise. I highly doubt this will happen, and unless it does we're ultimately in for more of the same. The only time in the history of the franchise that we've been truly dominant is under Bill Polian. Why is it so difficult for Ralph to realize this and do everything he can to try to replicate that success? It's so baffling.

Anyways, at least now there is a shred of hope, which wasn't the case until an hour ago. :thumbsup:

5. Waive about half the players on the team.

I think they have some players but as you say a solid turnover woulb help. A QB and a couple of difference makers on d would go a long way. I think last years draft class was decent, Jackson, Nelson, Evans, Johnson and the OL draft picks are a decent core on offense. Schobel, stroud and the secondary are good. Get a couple of stub LB's, DL and see where they are.

Good idea to promote Fewell to interim HC. That way when they hire a permanent HC, just show Fewell and his Tampa 2 the door!

The key thing to watch is if Maybin gets a big jump on the number of plays he is in for. If he starts to play then Jauron was holding Fewell back.

And where will he get those plays? Is there still time this year to see if he could play any LB at all.

A lot of people were projecting that he would be a LB in the NFL; so I'll say yes. Plus, Jauron was moving safeties to LB so why not Maybin to LB. You have Orakpo over with the Redskins playing LB on running plays; why not Maybin?

A lot of people were projecting that he would be a LB in the NFL; so I'll say yes. Plus, Jauron was moving safeties to LB so why not Maybin to LB. You have Orakpo over with the Redskins playing LB on running plays; why not Maybin?

Yeah, I just wonder if the refusal to move him was Jauron or someone else.

Soooooo, Bud Adams made a bet with Ralphie prior to the fourth quarter Sunday that if Dick blew the game, Ralph would have to pay Bud $500,000 and fire Jauron.

Well, Bud is still up $250,000.

Is DJ still going to name the starting quarterback Wednesday???

...and when is the interim going to be named? Saturday?

Good idea to promote Fewell to interim HC. That way when they hire a permanent HC, just show Fewell and his Tampa 2 the door!

Exactly my initial thoughts!

The key thing to watch is if Maybin gets a big jump on the number of plays he is in for. If he starts to play then Jauron was holding Fewell back.

Good point. Admittedly, who else would've really served as interim?, but with the full reigns now, maybe we can just see for sure that Fewell isn't the guy we want in there as DC.

However, trying not to be too optimistic here. It will be interesting to see how Ralph will respond now, but people's expectations of FO overhaul likely will not be met.

Archived