GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Even though he had no support and the kid is still young, I'm not sure that Enroth will be a future goalie here. He did a little better later in the game and it's his first game but I think it was below average. It looks like he was fighting the puck all night and didn't make himself "big" as it were. I'm just not as high on him as others probably. I think we'll still have to find one down the line to groom as Miller's successor. Although, I don't think it's a priority for a while yet since I think they can last a long time barring catastropic injury.

I also thought it was amusing that after the commercial break where Kevin Sylvester said they would get reaction, when they did come back all of a sudden it was good night, the end, see you Wednesday. I'm bummed. At least there's no football to have to suffer through tomorrow.

I saw very, very little of tonight's game...just a bit of the second period. From the little I watched, it looked like Boston was playing the three-men-in-the-crease defense, which seems to work pretty well against the Sabres. Did Boston do that the whole game? And what can the Sabs do about it? It seems like an easy way to shut down this team.

Early in the season the Sabres were the beneficiaries of a schedule with lots of time between games and weak teams. Now they're playing every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday in November and the holes are starting to show. Great play by Myers though. I only had the Bruin's broadcast here and was forced to put up with that jackass Brickley, who was snickering all throughout the 2nd and 3rd period.

Early in the season the Sabres were the beneficiaries of a schedule with lots of time between games and weak teams. Now they're playing every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday in November and the holes are starting to show. Great play by Myers though. I only had the Bruin's broadcast here and was forced to put up with that jackass Brickley, who was snickering all throughout the 2nd and 3rd period.

I thought he was a pain in the first too. I was trying to give NESN the benefit of the doubt...but they're still horrible. One of the worst broadcast teams in the league.

Well, that was a disappointing couple of games. This weekend represented a good test. They failed miserably and comprehensively. Not much else to say, really, other than I'm interested to see how they respond. Last year's group of babies would've gone into a lengthy tailspin.

Well at least the Bills are on buy sparing us from the trifecta. Mercy kill for sure..

Just Cause

1. I got nothing..

The OV-less, Green-less, Schultz-less Capitals played one heckuva game last night. Final 7-4. It was 4-3 with the lead going back and forth.

Admittedly, I haven't been to a lot of hockey games. I was at opening night in Buffalo. The place was a tomb. In DC last night, the house was rocking even when it appeared the Capitals might lose the game. The fans stayed in the game the whole time. Listening to the Buffalo broadcasts, you almost never hear the home crowd.

Teams loose games Good teams loose to other good teams. Look at the pens lost 5 nothing to the sharks they must need to fire there coach and blow the team up. No the sabres are not a top 3 team but that are a play off team.

yep.

Although, the holes in Lindy's precious "system" are much more evident in games against better teams (a system I have had a problem with since 05-06). Boston's fourth goal was a direct result of it. There were four Sabres defending against only two Bostons. Every single one went directly to their sacred passing lane. Not one thought to take the man.

Teams loose games Good teams loose to other good teams. Look at the pens lost 5 nothing to the sharks they must need to fire there coach and blow the team up. No the sabres are not a top 3 team but that are a play off team.

This team is only making the playoffs if Miller carries them there. Can we not compare this team to a Stanley Cup Champion? The Sabres have taken advantage of having a quarter of their schedule consisting of Leafs and Islander games.

Enroth? Is not the answer at backup goalie this season. I hope Regier is looking to acquire one.

Maybe "sick" of calling the same performance going on three seasons now. Is there a big enough sample yet to determine that if Miller is not in net and not on his "A game" the Sabres have no chance. I did not believe this offseason the Sabres had enough talent upfront and it is showing now.

I'll defend Rick to the bitter end here. He's called bad Sabre games for almost 40 years, and he's never "mailed one in." It's incredible someone would even think that. The man was ill.

Just Cause

1. I got nothing..

The OV-less, Green-less, Schultz-less Capitals played one heckuva game last night. Final 7-4. It was 4-3 with the lead going back and forth.

Admittedly, I haven't been to a lot of hockey games. I was at opening night in Buffalo. The place was a tomb. In DC last night, the house was rocking even when it appeared the Capitals might lose the game. The fans stayed in the game the whole time. Listening to the Buffalo broadcasts, you almost never hear the home crowd.

Good call. We get brainwashed all the time about what great fans there are in Buffalo. I've always thought it was hogwash. They have to be bottom third in noise, cheering for goals, chanting and any other measure of crowd participation. Why do you think the horn was brought in?

Good call. We get brainwashed all the time about what great fans there are in Buffalo. I've always thought it was hogwash. They have to be bottom third in noise, cheering for goals, chanting and any other measure of crowd participation. Why do you think the horn was brought in?

You mean that really annoying horn sound after Sabres goals? I think every arena in the NHL has that -- even Montreal.

The correct spelling is "Lose" not "Loose". If you're going to be a Loser, you might as well learn how to spell it.

Is that when it was brought in? In any case I doubt the sabres were first with that enhancement of the game experience.

Sarcasm?

Yes, it was installed just after the end of the Bowman Era, in the middle of the playoff drought. Bert had retired, and there wasn't much reason for fans to be whooping it up.

I say take out the horn and humiliate the fans into cheering.

Sarcasm?

Yes, it was installed just after the end of the Bowman Era, in the middle of the playoff drought. Bert had retired, and there wasn't much reason for fans to be whooping it up.

I say take out the horn and humiliate the fans into cheering.

When was the last time you were at a Sabres game at HSBC Arena?

Archived