GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Rick's really hurting. Flu maybe. Hope it's not serious. When Derek Roy scored, Rick didn't say much. What a terrible game!

It's amazing to think how few games Rick has missed over the years. The guy is a workhorse.

Kevin S. in the third?

what are those red things on Lindy's/Razer's lapel? They're like 2 inches wide?

Every time I see a shot of Lindy, Im expecting to see it shoot water at somebody

And yes, we've been teleported back to last year. Terrible give aways, panic in the D zone, and momentum (whatever there was) killing late goals against. Seems like they havent seen a puck pressure team until this weekend.

Every time I see a shot of Lindy, Im expecting to see it shoot water at somebody

And yes, we've been teleported back to last year. Terrible give aways, panic in the D zone, and momentum (whatever there was) killing late goals against. Seems like they havent seen a puck pressure team until this weekend.

Sabre fans and the media covering the team can't define The System, but it sure feels like the rest of the league knows exactly what it is, and how to defeat it.

It's too bad the Sabres are having to sacrifice 2 points tonight by starting Enroth. I don't disagree with it but it's just too bad. The first 2 goals were tips, not even his fault. Actually, i doubt they would be winning if Miller were playing. The Sabres are starting to look like many people thought they would. A team that in the end, will be battling it out for the 8th playoff spot. Tonight is one of those night when you realize this team isn't good enough to flip a switch and score 4-5 goals when they need it. They make so many avergae goalies look like Vezina contenders.

I don't think the Sabres are a very good team. This portion of the schedule will confirm or rebuke my thoughts.

I think you might be right..No toughness in front, around or any where near the net or on the ice for that part...They are in desperate need for a Good center with better than average toughness..Too bad there arent many like that..

Did he look like he was going all out last year at this time when he was on fire?

I don't recall. It doesn't really matter, last year is last year now. This year, so far, he's not putting in $7 mil worth of effort.

In other news - apparently LR wants us to believe the entire team had the flu.

Their "game" was so messed up tonight I couldn't tell if they were attempting to play a system.

Nah. Rick has never mailed in a game. NEVER. He had to be sick.

Maybe "sick" of calling the same performance going on three seasons now. Is there a big enough sample yet to determine that if Miller is not in net and not on his "A game" the Sabres have no chance. I did not believe this offseason the Sabres had enough talent upfront and it is showing now.

Well, that was a disappointing couple of games. This weekend represented a good test. They failed miserably and comprehensively. Not much else to say, really, other than I'm interested to see how they respond. Last year's group of babies would've gone into a lengthy tailspin.

Archived