GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I'll be scoreboard watching.. Off to DC to watch the OV-less Caps take on the Panthers....

The 2 times I've seen the Cap in person - OV ejected in the 1st (for hit on Briere), OV out with flu. I was really looking forward to seeing him more.

I think the Sabres win handily (that looks strange in type) tonight.

Do we see Enroth tonight or does Lindy give Miller a chance to redeem himself?

I say if you're going to give the kid a chance, do it against a team struggling to find the net...

Myers vs. Charra, I'll be watching these two closely.

Go Sabres!!

They have to go with Miller. They can't follow last nights lack of effort with another loss. This team is in a very uncomfortable stretch right now which started in the third against Toronto. They got thumped by the Islanders and Flyers and were able to recover a bit Wednesday. It would nice to see a workman like effort against the Bruins and Oilers to build momentum going into next weekend which is as tough a weekend they will have this year with the Flames and Flyers.

I don't think the Sabres are a very good team. This portion of the schedule will confirm or rebuke my thoughts.

I don't think so either but do you at least think they are better than last year? I do, and they only have to be 2 points better to be in the playoffs.

I don't think so either but do you at least think they are better than last year? I do, and they only have to be 2 points better to be in the playoffs.

I like their third and fourth lines better. No question. Grier and Kennedy have been nice additions and Hecht is back where he belongs. Ellis, Kaleta and Goose are a pain to play against and they provide some offense, too. Not to mention that you can throw Goose out there for big draws.

Their top two lines are the same with two (possible) exceptions: (1) Connolly started healthy and continues to be; and (2) MacArthur has been consistently in that second left wing spot. I like parts of those lines, but overall, I don't think that they are good enough. I could see 4 of them (not sure which, but just not all six of them) with the right two new players (not necessarily big guns) being effective.

Their D seems more balanced; a good combination of youthful exuberance, veteran presence and a pinch of toughness.

All-in-all, better ... but still not there yet. Not to say that they won't make the playoffs or that they can't find a way to go deep in the playoffs, but something has to change or click in the top six before I'm really convinced.

It will be interesting. Seems to me other teams have figured out how to slow down the Sabres attack by going after the defencemen on the breakout with two forecheckers and another waiting back if they cause havoc, if not he is back on D. The Sabres need to figure out how to effectively clear these two guys. Maybe if they send a winger back and bring one of the good skating D up during the process. Also, doing the breakout the same way every time leaves the team open to being predictable.

When you have such good skating defensemen it is easy for the forwards to get complacent letting them do the breakouts all the time but Connolly and Roy as well as Kennedy and Pommer need to get involved more and when they do let the good skating D join the rush not quarterback it all the time.

P.S. At a much lower level and I state at a much lower level my over 40 team often has the same problem. We have a game tonight too after the Sabres. Hope both teams win.

I like their third and fourth lines better. No question. Grier and Kennedy have been nice additions and Hecht is back where he belongs. Ellis, Kaleta and Goose are a pain to play against and they provide some offense, too. Not to mention that you can throw Goose out there for big draws.

Their top two lines are the same with two (possible) exceptions: (1) Connolly started healthy and continues to be; and (2) MacArthur has been consistently in that second left wing spot. I like parts of those lines, but overall, I don't think that they are good enough. I could see 4 of them (not sure which, but just not all six of them) with the right two new players (not necessarily big guns) being effective.

Their D seems more balanced; a good combination of youthful exuberance, veteran presence and a pinch of toughness.

All-in-all, better ... but still not there yet. Not to say that they won't make the playoffs or that they can't find a way to go deep in the playoffs, but something has to change or click in the top six before I'm really convinced.

Of course the analysis of the lines becomes moot if Lindy follows previous form and blows them up, as he started to do last night.

It's impression night.

Enroth has the Miller whiff on point shots down pat, but his WTF wave needs some work.

Montador does a mean Petey, but he needs to add the waving at the crowd move.

The power play is doing an uncanny impression of itself.

It's all starting to look like 07-09 again.

Man, Boston tried to hand Buffalo that game. We have some guys who miss nets when you don't think it's possible.

Greer's penalty...wasn't. Horrible call. These refs are some of the worst I've seen in a while. They've killed a couple of our rushes with some phantom offsides calls. That frustrates the sh%$ out of me.

All that said, The Sabres HAVE to hit that Galldang net when they get the chance. Connolly misses, Pominville misses from 5 feet away. WTF is going on?

Archived