Tallinder and Myers

MattPie

25 members have voted

1. 1. Why is this pairing so good thus far?

• Myers is the real deal and Hank is along for the ride.
    • Hank is on fire helping the kid look good.
    • There's some sort of wonder-twins synergy going on and the sum is greater than the parts.

So, is Tallinder looking good this year due to Myers, or is Myers looking good due to Hank being on fire? Or something in between?

EDIT: Crap, I used 'whose' instead of 'who's'. Sorry!

I know I've seen subject lines edited by other regular posters, not moderators, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I'll go with the foot-long Swedish meatball option.

WONDER TWINS: ACTIVATE!

Shape of: An Albatross!

Form of: A Lanky Swede!

I just sorta like the word synergy. I don't know why.

Emergent behavior might be a good one too. Guess we'll see when Hank inevitably gets hurt and sits out a few games.

Hank's confidence is way up from last year. I'll attribute that to playing with the One. Wherever it's coming from, though, he's playing very well.

Seeing them in person last night really made me appreciate how much size and range they have. There just isn't much space in the defensive zone when they are on patrol. Neither of them is particularly physical (sorry, Stenbaro), but they are both playing technically sound and seem to be in the right spot, and make the right outlet pass, pretty much all the time. It's like the way the Red Wings play -- they just make it very hard to get shots on goal. (Now that would be a pretty cool stat -- shots and scoring chances against, broken down by defensive pairing.)

Also, Myers is a really good skater. He likes the Soupy spin move.

EDIT: Crap, I used 'whose' instead of 'who's'. Sorry!

I fixed it for you, but you can fix it yourself in the future, by clicking on "edit" and then "use full editor".

PS I also fixed your spelling of Tallinder's name. You don't want to upset people who are bothered by this sort of thing. They will consider your behavior to be on the rude side! :lol:

As long as they never become wonder triplets. Bad things happen when Tallinder teams up with two other guys.

These jokes never get old. :lol:

Hank is raping the benefits of playing with a youthful partner. err reaping sorry.

Guess you missed this one!

I fixed it for you, but you can fix it yourself in the future, by clicking on "edit" and then "use full editor".

PS I also fixed your spelling of Tallinder's name. You don't want to upset people who are bothered by this sort of thing. They will consider your behavior to be on the rude side! :lol:

Tanks. I actually looked up Hank's name to make sure I had it right and then must have mistyped it. At least it's not five F%*$(@*% letters. :)

Archived