We just posted a nice article about Marty...

SDS

Theoretically, who would we give the Islanders to get Marty, if the Isles were to put him on the trading block, if Dipietro comes back?

possibly the rights to zagrapan who could use a change in scenery or mancari or even shutz. Just throwing some possibilities out there, I would assume they would want a prospect.

possibly the rights to zagrapan who could use a change in scenery or mancari or even shutz. Just throwing some possibilities out there, I would assume they would want a prospect.

Zagrapan is no longer Sabres property, Mancari's NHL stock is somewhere between Jody Gage and Craig Charron, and Felix Shutz is...well...Felix Shutz.

Zagrapan is no longer Sabres property, Mancari's NHL stock is somewhere between Jody Gage and Craig Charron, and Felix Shutz is...well...Felix Shutz.

You have been in rare form today, my friend. inkman unplugged. You've had a Craig Weller day. Pickin' 'em up and puttin' 'em down. Not that I haven't wanted a piece of you on several occasions... And there's still day left.

No...it is more like OSP didn't want to eat the 2nd year of Lalime's contract and then turn around and pay Biron even more.

They may have just talked with Marty as a show of respect. Remember, this isn't the first time we've heard an ex-Sabre talk about potentially coming back to Buffalo after that ship has already sailed. What seemed serious to Marty may have been nothing more than the Sabres casually checking in on his status. Let's face it, from the sound of things, contact with any team over this past offseason would've seemed serious to Marty.

I think the real point, which Bill mentioned in his story, is that Marty didn't want to go somewhere where he was locked into a backup role. He wants to be a #1. That's far from guaranteed on the Islanders, but he at least has a shot at it given RdP's injury. He would've had no shot at it here.

They may have just talked with Marty as a show of respect. Remember, this isn't the first time we've heard an ex-Sabre talk about potentially coming back to Buffalo after that ship has already sailed. What seemed serious to Marty may have been nothing more than the Sabres casually checking in on his status. Let's face it, from the sound of things, contact with any team over this past offseason would've seemed serious to Marty.

Let's not insult Marty. He is far from being a idiot or a liar. The Sabres should have done what ever was needed to get Marty signed and Lalime sent packing.

Let's not insult Marty. He is far from being a idiot or a liar. The Sabres should have done what ever was needed to get Marty signed and Lalime sent packing.

I'm not insulting him. The article even mentions how little action he was getting in free agency. At that point, any talk with anyone is important to him.

The islanders are desperate and I wouldn't doubt them taking a shot at any of these prospects. Mancari is a big body with a booming shot and has shown potential, there is just no room for him on the Sabres. I would say Zagrapan is the worst of these prospects and the sabres do still have his rights, hes just playing overseas now. A chance on an NHL team could change his attitude/performance. Shutz played his first year in North America last year and put up some solid numbers and is a strong defensive forward as well.

The islanders are desperate and I wouldn't doubt them taking a shot at any of these prospects. Mancari is a big body with a booming shot and has shown potential, there is just no room for him on the Sabres. I would say Zagrapan is the worst of these prospects and the sabres do still have his rights, hes just playing overseas now. A chance on an NHL team could change his attitude/performance. Shutz played his first year in North America last year and put up some solid numbers and is a strong defensive forward as well.

The randomly pulling names out of a bag approach to proposing trades will have you in ecklund territory in no time. ;)

Anyway, coming up with trades for the islanders is a big if at this point since we're talking about DiPietro. I won't believe that he's returning until he actually sets foot on the ice. And we're not talking about 1 or 2 games. He needs to return and stay out there without another injury. They wouldn't make a move until they're 100% certain about him.

The article mentions that Biron was interested in starting again and that the decision was not about money. Unless the Sabres were going to unload Miller, it doesn't look like the Sabres could "have done whatever was needed to get Marty signed," much less should have. But I'd love to see Marty back, if there is not an opportunity for him to start, or get a significant number of starts, elsewhere.

The article mentions that Biron was interested in starting again and that the decision was not about money. Unless the Sabres were going to unload Miller, it doesn't look like the Sabres could "have done whatever was needed to get Marty signed," much less should have. But I'd love to see Marty back, if there is not an opportunity for him to start, or get a significant number of starts, elsewhere.

Get a significant amount of starts and set himself up nicely to be traded to a contender at the deadline.

Get a significant amount of starts and set himself up nicely to be traded to a contender at the deadline.

Why the hell not? How many time did Philly get draft picks for Fupa (one of the stupidest knicknames of all time, isn't that slang for, well, nevermind). St Louis did the same thing with Guerin and Tkachuk (how is that guy not Canadian with that name).

This would be perfect for Regier and Quinn, set up a side business acquiring picks for player rentals, and then re-sign the players in the off season.

Archived