Big, if not Bigger, Test for Sabres Friday

K-9

No doubt they looked very good against the Wings. A big test against one of the presumptive elites in the league.

Now I'm interested to see if they can play just as well against one of the league's poorer teams. How many times have we seen this team "play down" to the level of the competition? How many key points lost against teams that, on paper anyway, we had no business losing to last season?

All the ingredients for an upset are there heading into tomorrow night. Let down after big win against a good team. Playing a struggling team on a 4 game skid that will play with nothing to lose early on.

We'll see how much of that "maturity" we've gained. Anything less than a 100% step-on-their-throat-and-don't-take-it-off approach and I won't be convinced this team has grown up all that much.

GO SABRES!!!

No doubt they looked very good against the Wings. A big test against one of the presumptive elites in the league.

Now I'm interested to see if they can play just as well against one of the league's poorer teams. How many times have we seen this team "play down" to the level of the competition? How many key points lost against teams that, on paper anyway, we had no business losing to last season?

All the ingredients for an upset are there heading into tomorrow night. Let down after big win against a good team. Playing a struggling team on a 4 game skid that will play with nothing to lose early on.

We'll see how much of that "maturity" we've gained. Anything less than a 100% step-on-their-throat-and-don't-take-it-off approach and I won't be convinced this team has grown up all that much.

GO SABRES!!!

YES!

GO SABRES!!!

Good post.

GO SABRES!!!

It will be a great test of the system and the ability of the players to stay focused on the system. The players for the most part have already passed the first test. Which was playing the system in the first few games and not getting rewarded on the scoreboard. It's easy to stick to the system when things are going well. Being able to fight through those games when a goalie stands on his head or the puck finds more post than twine along with those games against teams they should beat are the standards for maturity we all will be looking for.

I agreee ... it's these games that at the beginning of the season fans woould chalk up as a W, and this is all about maturity and coming to play EVERY night.

I do love that Myers kid, and being from MA, he puts the Chara comparison to SHAME! I know it's only 4 games, but ...

I concur. 100% in fact. This team is infamous for playing down or up to the level of their opponents. Lets hope for a decisive win on FGriday and saturday. The Rags and the Pens are looking like the class of the Confrence at this point. This team seems capable of moving to the top of the confrence.

GO SABRES!!!

That's funny you bring this up because I thought of the same thread on Sabres.com yesterday. These next 2 games are games that are crucial points with teams that buffalo had trouble with last season. The need to beat the Islanders and Thrashers this weekend because last year these guys were a thorn in our side and we lost those crucial points that would have put us in the playoffs. They can't afford to have off games on teams that they should beat.

I agreee ... it's these games that at the beginning of the season fans woould chalk up as a W, and this is all about maturity and coming to play EVERY night.

I do love that Myers kid, and being from MA, he puts the Chara comparison to SHAME! I know it's only 4 games, but ...

Welcome to the board. I'm quite happy with Myers too, but let's keep it on the planet Earth. Chara is a fantastic player. If Myers can get close to that, we'll all be thrilled.

Welcome to the board. I'm quite happy with Myers too, but let's keep it on the planet Earth. Chara is a fantastic player. If Myers can get close to that, we'll all be thrilled.

He's going to get the Chara comparisons based on height alone. I'd be thrilled if he's mentioned in the same breathe as well. I do think a closer comparison can be made with Pronger as he's a much better skater.

He's going to get the Chara comparisons based on height alone. I'd be thrilled if he's mentioned in the same breathe as well. I do think a closer comparison can be made with Pronger as he's a much better skater.

Once Myers puts another 20 or so lbs. on that massive frame then he can truly start imposing himself physically

It will be a great test of the system and the ability of the players to stay focused on the system. The players for the most part have already passed the first test. Which was playing the system in the first few games and not getting rewarded on the scoreboard. It's easy to stick to the system when things are going well. Being able to fight through those games when a goalie stands on his head or the puck finds more post than twine along with those games against teams they should beat are the standards for maturity we all will be looking for.

:blink: That ... that ... that was almost ... positive. Methinks Hell hath frozen over.

:nana:

Maybe that part of Pronger... but you still can't really compare them to either yet. Pronger puts the hurt on people which doesn't seem to be Myers MO. That rush last game when he took it up the ice that led to Kaleta's goal was big money though. He's really not fast, at times I've even thought he looks slow but he's really really smooth.

I agree with them.

And I agree with you.

Look out! Rob Schremp is coming to "Michigan" the Sabres!

I concur. 100% in fact. This team is infamous for playing down or up to the level of their opponents. Lets hope for a decisive win on FGriday and saturday. The Rags and the Pens are looking like the class of the Confrence at this point. This team seems capable of moving to the top of the confrence.

I haven't seen a Ranger's game yet, but I have watched a few Pens games. Which is tough, because I can't get over my enmity for Crosby and Malkin. Anyway, last night the Pens looked less than superior. The Canes played a good game against them and took it deep into the SO.

The Pens look like they need the high slot for them to play their game, or a weak overall defense on the boards. The Sabres, it seems right now, have this part of the game covered. Fluery is looking good, too.

There is no single game that is a "big test" for the Sabres. We know they can play a strong game. What we need to see is whether or not they can sustain that strong play throughout the course of a season. We probably need to view the season in blocks if we want to look for tests of this team.

Archived