[OT ] How F'd up is.............

deluca67

That is correct. Here are some interesting quotes attributed to Limbaugh. The writer of the article sources each quotes. Everyone can decide for themselves on the legitimacy of each quote.

http://newsone.com/obama/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/

and if you go to snopes.com you see most of those have been fabricated. Sourcing people who make up things isn't really sourcing your material now is it.

With all of the legal problems that have been an issue with players around the league. This whole thing doesn't seem right at all. I'm not sure which players have spoken out, but it's a safe bet that they've all been on the field at one point or another with a player who was on the wrong side of the law once or twice during their careers. They'll associate with those people but they won't play for a guy because they think he's racist. Seems like a double standard to me.

Then again, I'm sure one or two of these players have actually cashed checks from someone who was on the wrong side of the law at some point in their life.

I'm not a Rush fan. Quite the opposite. I don't have a problem with him owning an NFL team. If he said something outrageous, the commissioner would slap him with a 50K fine. Hitting a man in a wallet would do the trick. He'll tow the line.

That is correct. Here are some interesting quotes attributed to Limbaugh. The writer of the article sources each quotes. Everyone can decide for themselves on the legitimacy of each quote.

http://newsone.com/obama/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/

and if you go to snopes.com you see most of those have been fabricated. Sourcing people who make up things isn't really sourcing your material now is it.

Interesting. BTW, here is the link to the snopes piece discrediting the "top 10 racist quotes" list DeLuca linked to.

I'm not a Rush fan. Quite the opposite. I don't have a problem with him owning an NFL team. If he said something outrageous, the commissioner would slap him with a 50K fine. Hitting a man in a wallet would do the trick. He'll tow the line.

Has anyone reported on just how much of a minority owner he would've been? The few things I've seen/heard made it sound like he wasn't a major part of this deal. The fact that the group could so easily remove him from their offer seems to back that up.

no better example of how ridiculous the commentary has been against Rush than the McNabb deal. A situation so horrible, that no one gave it a second thought until a single columnist wrote about it several days after it occured. It was so bad that Tom Jackson didn't flinch.

and by the way, when he gave credit to the Eagles defense for their success during those years - if you argue that he only saw a black QB then you have to argue he only saw a black defense too..

I don't understand this. Didn't he threaten to quit if Rush stayed? Sounds like a flinch to me.

no better example of how ridiculous the commentary has been against Rush than the McNabb deal. A situation so horrible, that no one gave it a second thought until a single columnist wrote about it several days after it occured. It was so bad that Tom Jackson didn't flinch.

and by the way, when he gave credit to the Eagles defense for their success during those years - if you argue that he only saw a black QB then you have to argue he only saw a black defense too..

Not really, he said Mcnabb was only QB bc the media loves to have a good black qb or something similar to that effect, not comparable to giving credit to a good defense with black guys.

and there are numerous sources about his quotes, and snopes does NOT discredit them.

http://mediamatters.org/research/200910130049

Halfrican

magic negroe

black president detroying white cop

etc

hes not being taken out of context. He plays the race card to his listeners. The NFL is hugely black, owners dont want controversy. He'll never own an NFL team.

I don't understand this. Didn't he threaten to quit if Rush stayed? Sounds like a flinch to me.

that was a week after the fact. When it happened, when heard in the context of the discussion, no one thought anything of it. How many watched that show - 1 million? How many sports columnists wrote about it the next day? 0?

It was a non-event until someone realized they could make hay against a political enemy.

that was a week after the fact. When it happened, when heard in the context of the discussion, no one thought anything of it. How many watched that show - 1 million? How many sports columnists wrote about it the next day? 0?

It was a non-event until someone realized they could make hay against a political enemy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/writers/peter_king/09/30/mcnabb_limbaugh/

actualyl people did write about it.... its not about politics its about race. No one gives a damn his political views but you dont start playing the race card.

"Most?" Which of the 10 are fabricated and which of the 10 are Rush's own words?

look it up yourself.

16,000 hours talking live on politics and this is what defines him as a racist? Someone couldn't come up with 10 items he actually said over the course of 16,000 hours in 21 years?

Whatever.

look it up yourself.

16,000 hours talking live on politics and this is what defines him as a racist? Someone couldn't come up with 10 items he actually said over the course of 16,000 hours in 21 years?

Whatever.

http://mediamatters....ch/200910130049

thats just from the past few years. Im not sure why you so ardently support a guy who says racist things.

I'm not sure any of this is true.

Obviously, you're a fan of his. Different strokes as they say. You can't expect someone who spent most of his entire adult life spewing hatred, fueling fears and inciting controversy; a realistic candidate for such a position?

No, I wouldn't. However, that's not what Rush Limbaugh does. That's what his political enemies want you to believe, and they've clearly done a good job convincing you that's what he says.

He's not being attacked bc hes conservative or a Repub, its bc of his specific comments about black people and black athletes, aka McNabb is held up by the media bc they want a black guy, or now that we have a black president white kids get beat up, Obama is "halfrican" . It doesnt have anything to do with his political beliefs (small govt etc) but his incendiary rhetoric for the simpletons.

So are you saying that there are people who didn't vote for Obama because he's black? Are you saying that when media like ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN call opposition to Obama's policies racist, that they're not looking at Obama as black and propping him up on that near fact?

Limbaugh's comment on McNabb was criticism based on his observation. He was saying a lot of the sports media over-rated McNabb strictly because he is black - just like some people voted for Obama because he's black and the media will use Obama's ethnicity to shout down opposition to his policies.

In other words, Rush was saying that the sports media was looking at him as a black person first, and not simply a football player. There's nothing wrong with that kind of criticism is there? Because a lot of you have no problem accusing others of being racist if this thread is any indication.

So are you saying that there are people who didn't vote for Obama because he's black? Are you saying that when media like ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN call opposition to Obama's policies racist, that they're not looking at Obama as black and propping him up on that near fact?

Limbaugh's comment on McNabb was criticism based on his observation. He was saying a lot of the sports media over-rated McNabb strictly because he is black - just like some people voted for Obama because he's black and the media will use Obama's ethnicity to shout down opposition to his policies.

In other words, Rush was saying that the sports media was looking at him as a black person first, and not simply a football player. There's nothing wrong with that kind of criticism is there? Because a lot of you have no problem accusing others of being racist if this thread is any indication.

no no no. There are certain elements of the opposition to his policies that are racist, pictures of him as an african tribesman?? Being against his policies doesnt make you racist there are legitimate beefs. But remarks like halfrican, magic negroe, slavery wasnt bad, those arent policy disagreements.

No, I wouldn't. However, that's not what Rush Limbaugh does. That's what his political enemies want you to believe, and they've clearly done a good job convincing you that's what he says.

That's EXACTLY what he does. When during the Clinton years he has a day counter in the lower 3rd with the words "America Held Hostage". That's fueling fear.

That was his opinion. He was saying that because that is what HE thought not because it was true.

no no no. There are certain elements of the opposition to his policies that are racist, pictures of him as an african tribesman?? Being against his policies doesnt make you racist there are legitimate beefs. But remarks like halfrican, magic negroe, slavery wasnt bad, those arent policy disagreements.

Yeah, like when the National Black Caucus, along with just about everyone on the Democrat Underground, calls conservative blacks like Clarence Thomas and Michael Steele "Uncle Toms" - that's not racist, it's just policy disagreement.

That's EXACTLY what he does. When during the Clinton years he has a day counter in the lower 3rd with the words "America Held Hostage". That's fueling fear.

God, dude, lighten up slightly, it's political criticism. How about all of garbage coming from democrats about how Republicans are going to starve kids and old people? What about all of the political cartoons about, well, anyone, that always go to the extremes?

Just like you say below, this is YOUR interpretation of Limbaugh's criticism, which doesn't make it accurate.

That was his opinion. He was saying that because that is what HE thought not because it was true.

And how can ANYONE substantiate "racisim" as a fact? Just because there are people in this thread calling others racist, it doesn't mean those claims are true! Why not apply your logic equally, instead of through the lense of bias being fed to us every day by the Great American Political Machine.

Look, Limbaugh should have known that a comment like that would cause a heap of trouble for him - not because it lacks validity, but because there are lots of people willing to believe someone else's interpretation of it.

You are just showing yourself as someone who never listened to the show.

That was ALWAYS a joke, but I believe he was satirizing Ted Koppel because that is how he led shows when we had hostages being held in Iran.

It's called political humor.

God, dude, lighten up slightly, it's political criticism. How about all of garbage coming from democrats about how Republicans are going to starve kids and old people? What about all of the political cartoons about, well, anyone, that always go to the extremes?

Just like you say below, this is YOUR interpretation of Limbaugh's criticism, which doesn't make it accurate.

And how can ANYONE substantiate "racisim" as a fact? Just because there are people in this thread calling others racist, it doesn't mean those claims are true! Why not apply your logic equally, instead of through the lense of bias being fed to us every day by the Great American Political Machine.

Look, Limbaugh should have known that a comment like that would cause a heap of trouble for him - not because it lacks validity, but because there are lots of people willing to believe someone else's interpretation of it.

After 20+ years working in the media, you will find no bigger cynic than myself. I assure you that the lens I see things through is purely my own because of that.

I am not going to feel sorry for him for any of the critism he gets. It's how he makes his money and he knows it. He knows that the day he stops pissing people off is the day he no longer has a show. I'm glad he can't get a team in the NFL, but if he does eventually get one,... oh well.

You are just showing yourself as someone who never listened to the show.

That was ALWAYS a joke, but I believe he was satirizing Ted Koppel because that is how he led shows when we had hostages being held in Iran.

It's called political humor.

I used to watch his show all the time and I listen often.

"Know Thine Enemy"

Sorry if I still have my own opinions.

Yeah, like when the National Black Caucus, along with just about everyone on the Democrat Underground, calls conservative blacks like Clarence Thomas and Michael Steele "Uncle Toms" - that's not racist, it's just policy disagreement.

No one is saying that these people would make good owners for NFL teams, though.

look it up yourself.

Whatever.

I still think you are how should I put it wrong. I don't necessarily consider Rush a racist, but he has used incendiary language at times to make his points and at times that language could be deemed racist whether he intended it to be described that way or not. I think he intended it to be incendiary to gain ratings and get Koolaid drinkers like you saying right on. For Black athletes to not react to these choice of words is like linemates on a hockey team not standing up for their own when a teamate is hit with a cheap shot, purposely with intent to injure or to just provoke it does not matter.

And there is carry over from game to game. This is not about conservatism... but about responding because an individual called out a specific group of people and well they are just responding in kind. But blame that on the media, Rush has no culpability just like he is not at fault for his drug addiction.

I still think you are how should I put it wrong. I don't necessarily consider Rush a racist, but he has used incendiary language at times to make his points and at times that language could be deemed racist whether he intended it to be described that way or not. I think he intended it to be incendiary to gain ratings and get Koolaid drinkers like you saying right on. For Black athletes to not react to these choice of words is like linemates on a hockey team not standing up for their own when a teamate is hit with a cheap shot, purposely with intent to injure or to just provoke it does not matter.

And there is carry over from game to game. This is not about conservatism... but about responding because an individual called out a specific group of people and well they are just responding in kind. But blame that on the media, Rush has no culpability just like he is not at fault for his drug addiction.

Interesting.

I think you targeted the wrong person with that jab. Who are the real koolaid drinkers here?

CNNHoax37.jpg

Let's see, you have a number of people here, CNN, and numerous "journalists" across the nation quoting a hoax as the truth. Why are the doing that NB? Are they drinking the anti-Limbaugh KoolAid? Here's one:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/bryanburwell/story/E196145D80764B2F86257648000EF26B?OpenDocument

What is their defense? Surely it goes along the lines of, "Well, it SOUNDS like something he would say." That would be the KoolAid here my friend. The KoolAid served by his political enemies to make millions of people, who never listened one second to anything he had to say, have the impression that this is standard Limbaugh dialog.

Funny, I listened to him all the time from '91-'99. And 10 years later, I read those fake quotes and IMMEDIATELY knew something was wrong. But, whether I agree with him or not - I actually listened to him. Which puts me on firmer ground than CNN and the St. Louis Dispatch apparently.

Archived