[OT ] How F'd up is.............

deluca67

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Some people believe the Earth is flat, too. Aside from the fact that it's not true, I guess there's nothing wrong with believing that (at least not in a moral sense). Obviously the belief itself is incorrect, but the act of believing it is of course your right. Just keep it out of my public schools and I guess we're OK :thumbsup:

It's the whole universe.

...which rotates around the Earth, which is of course at the center, right? :doh:

Sorry everyone, don't mean to hijack the Limbaugh thread.

Some people believe the Earth is flat, too. Aside from the fact that it's not true, I guess there's nothing wrong with believing that (at least not in a moral sense). Obviously the belief itself is incorrect, but the act of believing it is of course your right. Just keep it out of my public schools and I guess we're OK :thumbsup:

...which rotates around the Earth, which is of course at the center, right? :doh:

Sorry everyone, don't mean to hijack the Limbaugh thread.

Actually the universe is only 40 years old. I was born in '69 and everything revolves around ME!

Some people believe the Earth is flat, too. Aside from the fact that 1, it's not true, I guess there's nothing wrong with believing that (at least not in a moral sense). Obviously the belief itself is incorrect, but the act of believing it is of course your right. Just keep it out of 2, my public schools and I guess we're OK :thumbsup:

1, How do you know this beyond ANY reasonable doubt?

2, Your public schools? Um, excuse me, but there's millions of other taxpayers, including yours truly, who would like a say on what the science curriculum must be instead of by some defenders of some conjured up science fiction by a literally assuming British wannabe scientist from the 19th century who sailed halfway around the world to formulate his ideas - only to come home and find out that his wife pleaded with him not to promote his worldview.

Ideas have consequences, and Darwinian evolution is certainly a prime example of this.

BTW, this and this are just what the Doctor ordered.

2, Your public schools? Um, excuse me, but there's millions of other taxpayers, including yours truly, who would like a say on what the science curriculum must be instead of by some defenders of some conjured up science fiction by a literally assuming British wannabe scientist from the 19th century who sailed halfway around the world to formulate his ideas - only to come home and find out that his wife pleaded with him not to promote his worldview.

Ideas have consequences, and Darwinian evolution is certainly a prime example of this.

XC, I was trying so, so, so hard to stay away...but how does he know, beyond any reasonable doubt, that the Earth is not flat?!

STOP. You're only hurting yourself and your loved ones.

Some people believe the Earth is flat, too. Aside from the fact that 1, it's not true

Holy crap...

Well, for one thing I've seen pictures of it taken from space and IT'S OBVIOUSLY A SPHERE.

Wow.

post-516-12560919273901.gif

XC, I was trying so, so, so hard to stay away...but how does he know, beyond any reasonable doubt, that the Earth is not flat?!

Is the universe being only 5,000 years old any crazier of an idea than Steve Montador being a top four defenseman or Tim Connolly being a number one center? Or even a crazier idea than the idea the Sabres should have played Lalime against the Thrashers. Lindy Ruff seems like an intelligent guy so you never know.

Is the universe being only 5,000 years old any crazier of an idea than Steve Montador being a top four defenseman or Tim Connolly being a number one center? Or even a crazier idea than the idea the Sabres should have played Lalime against the Thrashers. Lindy Ruff seems like an intelligent guy so you never know.

Yes, it is considerably crazier, and my post wasn't even directed to that. It was directed to the concept of a flat earth. Stay on track.

I find it very funny that the conference is called "Demand the Evidence". When at the same time Creationism is based on the lack of evidence. In fact,.. it's based on faith - (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust.

Those who "stay on track" end up getting hit by the train. :rolleyes:

Although, the way these threads have been getting derailed today you're probably safer on the tracks.

Rush, Darwin, flat earth,..there really needs to be a game no less than every third day.

Holy crap...

Well, for one thing I've seen pictures of it taken from space and IT'S OBVIOUSLY A SPHERE.

Wow.

post-516-12560919273901.gif

CD, I apologize for misreading your previous comment. Never have I ever knowingly believed that the world is flat. I thought you said something else. Sorry about that.

As for the age of the universe, I'm not changing my mind about that one.

1, I replied in kind to cdexchange that I misread and misapplied what he said in the comment I replied to. See my response with apology to him.

2, Hurting myself and my loved ones? If it's over flat earth, see above. If it's something else, take it to PM and we can sort it out over there.

1, I replied in kind to cdexchange that I misread and misapplied what he said in the comment I replied to. See my response with apology to him.

2, Hurting myself and my loved ones? If it's over flat earth, see above. If it's something else, take it to PM and we can sort it out over there.

No, it was flat earth. Glad to see that you misread it. I'm not going to get into the age of the earth thing. I realize that's something that some people are passionate about and I'm going to leave it alone.

But I was going to sign you up here: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php

EDIT: fixed the link.

THis is why America is lagging behind the rest of the world in science and math.....

Of course, we all know that organisms do not evolve - they stay exactly the same as when they were first created. Staphylococcus aureus didn't evolve into an organism resistant to multiple antibiotics - you can easily still cure it with plain old penicillin! (Let's hope that new drugs to combat Staph. aureus DO evolve.)

Just because you can't prove something doesn't mean it's not true. Joseph Priestley didn't discover oxygen until 1774 - what did we breathe before then?

Of course, we all know that organisms do not evolve - they stay exactly the same as when they were first created. Staphylococcus aureus didn't evolve into an organism resistant to multiple antibiotics - you can easily still cure it with plain old penicillin! (Let's hope that new drugs to combat Staph. aureus DO evolve.)

Just because you can't prove something doesn't mean it's not true. Joseph Priestley didn't discover oxygen until 1774 - what did we breathe before then?

However, most bacteria and viruses break the rules of evolution because every time they mutate, they become more dependent upon their hosts. So they are killing their own existence because they are more likely to kill their host. In order for the evolution plan to work, the mutations should be to become more independent to increase long term survivability.

Because of this observation, a person who believes in the fall of man, that occurred in Eden, can point out that the whole phenomenon of viral and bacterial mutations are the result of a sinful and decaying world. It could also be noted that with reasonable observation, it appears as though the world continues to decay daily (and not just because of man's raping of the world's resources).

However, most bacteria and viruses break the rules of evolution because every time they mutate, they become more dependent upon their hosts. So they are killing their own existence because they are more likely to kill their host. In order for the evolution plan to work, the mutations should be to become more independent to increase long term survivability.

Because of this observation, a person who believes in the fall of man, that occurred in Eden, can point out that the whole phenomenon of viral and bacterial mutations are the result of a sinful and decaying world. It could also be noted that with reasonable observation, it appears as though the world continues to decay daily (and not just because of man's raping of the world's resources).

Rush Limbaugh said all that? I thought he only said that NFL games look more and more like fights between Bloods and Crips.

Rush Limbaugh said all that? I thought he only said that NFL games look more and more like fights between Bloods and Crips.

:D

Sure he did. He has said all kinds of things... aren't you paying attention. :pirate:

EDIT: added 'of' (missed the preposition, as I was in a hurry to head home from work.)

THis is why America is lagging behind the rest of the world in science and math.....

I totally disagree with this assertion of yours. In fact, books could be written to disprove it and the reasons why. But, I will leave it at that.

tough to follow your logic, Eleven....I don't believe that was Sizzlemeister's point - I think he was referring to the overabundant double standard in the political/media circus

So was I, but differently, and I didn't exactly articulate it with a whole lot of detail. My point is this: the NFL has no need for polarizing characters as owners, no matter their politics (I think I did say that somewhere else in the thread). DeLuca is right; in this respect, Sharpton is as bad as Limbaugh. The NFL doesn't mind owners that are overly enthusiastic, maybe even gaudy, about their teams (I'm looking at you, Jerrah Jones), but the league understandably shuns people who piss off large groups of other people. So comparing Limbaugh to other radicals, no matter their political bent, is immaterial.

Not that this gal would have the money to buy a sports franchise (let alone the Sabres); but if she and a group of investors were to succeed Tom Golisano as owners of the Sabres, I'd quit watching hockey altogether. She is just as polarizing as Marge Schott, Rush Limbaugh, and Al Sharpton. (Then again, no major sports league would probably allow her to be a franchise owner, given her track record - which is a good thing).

Archived