Rangers beat the yazoonies out of Leafs 7 -2

millbank

I know it's early but it was a good day for the sabres today as the Leafs, Bruins and Sens all lost in regulation. Seriously, I really believe the division is up for grabs. Without Kessel, and Thomas comming down to earth, the Bruins don't seem as good as last year in this early season. (although if we actually win the division this will be our closest competition) The Leafs have one point out of a possible ten and are a joke, the Sens don't feel like a threat at all at this point and the Canadians really don't scare me that much. I watched Montreal's first two games and the Leafs badly outplayed them and Buffalo badly outplayed them but they got some lucky bounces. They've lost three straight since then.....

Ya I'm drinkin the Koolaide, and it tastes great!!

The best part about this was that Burke was supposed to come in and be this savour, along with "the Monster"

Looks like same old leafs.

I stole this from a friend of mine "Burke says he wanted a team with more Balls so he went out and traded for a guy with only one........ Then he said he wanted more heart from this team and he signed "The monster"...........

I wouldn't write Burke off.

"The Monster" is on IR right now and hasn't been playing. The games that he was in net for the Leafs, they were actually competitive. Kessel should help them a bit when he returns.

Burke has provided the tools for the Leafs to be successful. There may be a coaching change in the midst for the Leafs if Wilson doesn't start to turn things around.

I wouldn't write Burke off.

"The Monster" is on IR right now and hasn't been playing. The games that he was in net for the Leafs, they were actually competitive. Kessel should help them a bit when he returns.

Burke has provided the tools for the Leafs to be successful. There may be a coaching change in the midst for the Leafs if Wilson doesn't start to turn things around.

What I don't get is why anyone expected an immediate turnaround for them. That's going to take a couple years.

If Burke is given time to rebuild, we're not going to like it in a few years, I'm sure.

Here's to hoping he'll be fired by the end of the season :thumbsup:

I fear the Leafs. Especially when they get their stuff together. Imagine how obnoxious their fans will be when/if the actually win something.

I fear the Leafs. Especially when they get their stuff together. Imagine how obnoxious their fans will be when/if the actually win something.

Imagine how obnoxious we'll be if our teams ever win something..

Those 50+ year olds that remember the last time they won something must be pretty obnoxious. I can't say I've ever run into one of them though.

At least the Leafs may get the number 1 overall pick.. Oh wait..

I love it that the Leafs are losing! Different players same results. Plus no number 1 picks the next two years. That's awesome. I would expect Ron Wilson to be fired soon.

I remember saying last year that the worst possible finish is 9th place, because at least with 15th, you get a great draft pick. I take it back. The worst possible finish is 15th after trading away your first-round pick. :doh:

Edit: just heard on TSN that the Leafs, like the fellow original six Blackhawks, had a first in franchise history last night. The Blackhawks overcame a five-goal deficit for the first time ever, while the Leafs started a season with five losses for the first time ever.

Yeah, the division looks weak this year. Too many new faces in TO and MTL makes for a slow gelling process. Heatley will be sorely missed in Ottawa (but they may actually have a goalie who doesn't suck - a first for them). Boston also lost a great player and I think last year was a fluke, especially for Tim Thomas, who is getting old with no Auld to back him up.

But if the Sabres are going to win the Northeast, they need to start putting up some goals! Having the best goalie in the division helps, too.

Archived