Tallinder has looked much better than last year...

LabattBlue

DR needs to strike while the iron is hot! Start working the phones ASAP because before you know it he will either get hurt or go back into a funk. :D

I think that playing a very simplified style due to Myers being in the lineup has helped to shield Tallinder from making attention grabbing mistakes. I don't think this guy would net anything on the trade market, at least not now. I will say I didn't like him coming late playing the man on last nights goal.

DR needs to strike while the iron is hot! Start working the phones ASAP because before you know it he will either get hurt or go back into a funk. :D

You can never have too many NHL caliber D. Whether Tallinder falls into that category...

Are you filling in for Inky today? :lol:

:bag:

I was wondering if anyone would say it. All too often, it seems like people only see what they want to around here. Hell, someone was ready to crucify him in the game thread last night for a bad pass that jumped his stick and went over the glass. If the big problem from him in a single game is not being able to receive a bad pass, he'll be more than serviceable.

Is it me or do both Tallinder and Lydman seem to play better when they are not together? I know both are lefties and that doesn't help, but they used to be a supreme defensive paring and now (over the last two years) are terrible together. I hope when Toni returns that we don't see that combination again.

Is it me or do both Tallinder and Lydman seem to play better when they are not together? I know both are lefties and that doesn't help, but they used to be a supreme defensive paring and now (over the last two years) are terrible together. I hope when Toni returns that we don't see that combination again.

Yeah, Lydman was solid when paired w/ Rivet and was nearly Tallinder-level brutal when the Tallydman was back.

Against Moe-ray-all, Tallinder looked fine, which was mildly surprising. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had Myers paired with him, but it worked.

Totally right. They do play better when they are separated. Until that Ottawa series where we lost, i thought they were horrid going against Sens top line and since have been very bad together. But, separated, they actually play well. I still like Lydman over Hank tho. Hank has played well. He still makes a mistake here and there and not sure what he was thinking keeping his stick off the ice on the Coyotes goal last night, but, if a team calls for him, they have to send him packing. We need Myers to stay up, have Nate sitting and have Mike Weber and Joe DiPenta in Portland.

I'm glad this topic was posted, and I had been meaning to comment on this. I thought Tallinder had a brutal preseason. But, he's played very well with Myers. I have noticed that his confidence has started to increase a little bit, and he's playing a lot better along the boards, which is what he used to be really strong at before he broke his arm twice. He has looked a lot less tentative compared to how he's been over the last two years. It's quite noticeable, too. He has not pinched like a forward yet like he used to, and that was really exciting when he would lead the rush, but slow and steady. Don't need to show off too much confidence at one time. I still think from a consistency perspective, you get more out of Lydman than Tallinder, but at maximum performance, Tallinder can be leaps and bounds better than Lydman and anyone else on this defense corp. The question is are we going to see maximum performance again or will he revert back to the tentative, timid play of the last few years?

All I know, is that Pierre McGuire got his wish as I remember the day Myers was drafted, he was salivating about the potential of a really tall duo in Myers and Tallinder and now it has come to fruition. If I find the video/audio of it, I'll post it, but I distinctly remember him salivating over this.

I'm glad this topic was posted, and I had been meaning to comment on this. I thought Tallinder had a brutal preseason. But, he's played very well with Myers. I have noticed that his confidence has started to increase a little bit, and he's playing a lot better along the boards, which is what he used to be really strong at before he broke his arm twice. He has looked a lot less tentative compared to how he's been over the last two years. It's quite noticeable, too. He has not pinched like a forward yet like he used to, and that was really exciting when he would lead the rush, but slow and steady. Don't need to show off too much confidence at one time. I still think from a consistency perspective, you get more out of Lydman than Tallinder, but at maximum performance, Tallinder can be leaps and bounds better than Lydman and anyone else on this defense corp. The question is are we going to see maximum performance again or will he revert back to the tentative, timid play of the last few years?

All I know, is that Pierre McGuire got his wish as I remember the day Myers was drafted, he was salivating about the potential of a really tall duo in Myers and Tallinder and now it has come to fruition. If I find the video/audio of it, I'll post it, but I distinctly remember him salivating over this.

It's going to be interesting tonight. As good as everyone is saying Myers looks, Tallinder had to bail him out several times on Thursday. I wouldn't say that sending him back down would be completely bad. I'm glad they have seven more games to decide and that Tallinder is playing well enough to support him.

Archived