GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

what will be the excuse tonight? To much rest? Unable to shake the rust from not playing for so long?

This team needs to send a message to their fans. Being satisfied by getting a point Saturday is weak. They need to dominate for 60 minutes. Pheonix should be tired after skating last night in Pittsburgh. Peter Pruchka (sp) looked like an allstar.(scored a goal while on his back draped over mark Eaton) He needs to be shut down. The Sabres need to crash the blueline dump and chase. The bangers better get ready.

7:00pm

It's the battle of broke teams! The Sabres obviously are doing fine now, so maybe they can discuss that over some tea with the coyotes after the game. Time to get the first win of the season!

Time for some of that "accountability" we heard about all summer. After a lackluster opening night it's time for the key players to show up and contribute.

How about 3-0 with Vanek scoring the hat-trick and Miller getting the shutout. This is in no way inspire by my fantasy team. :rolleyes:

At the end of the game last year, wasn't Shane Doan really POed (sorry 'Weasel, I know it should be Ped O, but that just sounds stupid). IIRC he tried to go after Kaleta after the horn. Should be a fun game.

Side note: Would absolutely love to see something out of #29 tonight. Anything.

Amen. Just something to help us cling to the hope that his contract isn't the worst albatross in the NHL.

How about 3-0 with Vanek scoring the hat-trick and Miller getting the shutout. This is in no way inspire by my fantasy team. :rolleyes:

Interesting -- I have Miller and Vanek too. Does this mean that you're subconsciously more optimistic than you let on?

At the end of the game last year, wasn't Shane Doan really POed (sorry 'Weasel, I know it should be Ped O, but that just sounds stupid). IIRC he tried to go after Kaleta after the horn. Should be a fun game.

I just remember Craig Rivet's face during this (2:30 mark in the first one):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkr51HbbIHU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNTIbAVMg0Y

Maybe Rivet and Doan will go this time.

Amen. Just something to help us cling to the hope that his contract isn't the worst albatross in the NHL.

Interesting -- I have Miller and Vanek too. Does this mean that you're subconsciously more optimistic than you let on?

I like Vanek and Miller will start about 75 games this year if they can protect him and keep him healthy.

My only optimism comes from the theory that Buffalo is do to have one of our sports team come out of nowhere and have a great season. It's obviously not going to be the Bills so the Sabres are our only hope.

I think is is going to be one of those games where the Sabres go up 3-0 early and if they get one more goal then Phoenix calls it a night but the 'Yotes get a break away shorty to get them back into it. Buffalo hangs on for a 4-3 win.

Who is this Pomminstein fella that you talk aboot?

what will be the excuse tonight? To much rest? Unable to shake the rust from not playing for so long?

This team needs to send a message to their fans. Being satisfied by getting a point Saturday is weak. They need to dominate for 60 minutes. Pheonix should be tired after skating last night in Pittsburgh. Peter Pruchka (sp) looked like an allstar.(scored a goal while on his back draped over mark Eaton) He needs to be shut down. The Sabres need to crash the blueline dump and chase. The bangers better get ready.

I agree. They need to have a big game tonight. They have alot to prove (at least to me) after what I saw (and didn't see) in the first game.

I'll be in attendance at the game again tonight. I'll be sure to post my in arena impressions when I return.

On a side note, how's this for an interesting thought:

Since Phoenix may play a gamestyle that clogs up the neutral zone and neutralizes some of our skilled players, do you think Lindy should shake up the lines in advance? How about splitting up the 3rd line (Hecht Goose Grier) and adding some grit into the top 2 scoring lines? Vanek Roy Grier could be an interesting line. Let Grier work down low, do the work, Roy skate around in circles and Vanek chip it in for the goal.

How about splitting up the 3rd line (Hecht Goose Grier) and adding some grit into the top 2 scoring lines?

I was thinking the same thing.

Vanek-Roy-Grier

Kaleta-Connolly-Pominville

Gaustad-Kennedy-Hecht

Mair-Ellis-Stafford

Maybe it waters down the scoring too much but I'd much rather have a physical guy on the ice at all times instead of the uber soft Connolly-Roy-Vanek/ Pominville-Kennedy-MacArthur.

I was thinking the same thing.

Vanek-Roy-Grier

Kaleta-Connolly-Pominville

Gaustad-Kennedy-Hecht

Mair-Ellis-Stafford

Maybe it waters down the scoring too much but I'd much rather have a physical guy on the ice at all times instead of the uber soft Connolly-Roy-Vanek/ Pominville-Kennedy-MacArthur.

Agreed.

Though Mair wont be playing tonight. Score one for MacArthur or Paille.

Archived