GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I would like to thank my wife who actually Tivo'd the second half of the Coyote game allowing me to see and replay the hit on Myers. WTF. Two guys take a run at Myers? The second man taking a shot at his head from behind and no one has a problem with it? It hit was far from just being just "awkward."

I would like to thank my wife who actually Tivo'd the second half of the Coyote game allowing me to see and replay the hit on Myers. WTF. Two guys take a run at Myers? The second man taking a shot at his head from behind and no one has a problem with it? It hit was far from just being just "awkward."

[/crickets]

You have a wife?!?!?

j/k :nana:

How about restrictions on the equipment the players are using? This is the NHL. Why are players allowed to wear NFL size pads?

In the post game locker room pressers, take a look at the shoulder pads the players are wearing. They are the old style Jofas, and the newer interpretations of them. Farrell makes them, I think? They don't have the hard plastic shells. Cripe, the pads I and my kids wear are more capable of inflicting harm than the majority of what you see these guys wearing. I was actually quite surprised when I first noticed it a couple years ago, and have paid attention to it ever since.

I'm not sure what they are wearing for elbow pads, but they shouldn't be hitting anyone with an elbow anyway.

My point is that the "pads as a weapon" debate is overstated based on what I have seen in post game player interviews.

Archived