Is Harry Neale still going to be in the booth?

SHAAAUGHT!!!

I'm pretty sure Harry's contract was up at the end of last season. Has there been any word if he is coming back, or are they going to look for a replacement?

I wouldn't mind seeing someone else do color commentary with Rick. RJ and Harry never seemed to gel. Too many times there was just dead air in between whistles, or Harry was giving us the time left or the shot count.

I'm pretty sure Harry's contract was up at the end of last season. Has there been any word if he is coming back, or are they going to look for a replacement?

I wouldn't mind seeing someone else do color commentary with Rick. RJ and Harry never seemed to gel. Too many times there was just dead air in between whistles, or Harry was giving us the time left or the shot count.

I would take silence over Harry any day. Same thing as Jauron - nice nice guy but brutal on gameday

He gives u something to laugh at besides the Sabres some nights?

I think that like most coaches, Neale simply understands the game, including the little things that make the difference between winning and losing, better than most players. I also like his mannerisms and his humor as well as the way he interacts with RJ.

If nothing else, Rob Ray constantly picking on Rick and Harry for being old is pretty funny.

Agreed and actually I think this is a case of the devil you know's better than the one you don't..Who would they be willing to pay that they would bring in and would be an upgrade?

I think that like most coaches, Neale simply understands the game, including the little things that make the difference between winning and losing, better than most players. I also like his mannerisms and his humor as well as the way he interacts with RJ.

You would like him.

If he understands the modern game, he shows almost zero inclination to share that understanding with the audience.

His lowlight last season was saying the reason Craig Rivet was so fired up after scoring the very late tying goal against San Jose on February 13 was because he had scored on his former team. Enough said.

Just brutal.

You would like him.

If he understands the modern game, he shows almost zero inclination to share that understanding with the audience.

His lowlight last season was saying the reason Craig Rivet was so fired up after scoring the very late tying goal against San Jose on February 13 was because he had scored on his former team. Enough said.

Just brutal.

Um. Would you like eggwol wit' your crow?

Oh, yeah, u were being funny. Sorry. Carryon.

You would like him.

Just brutal.

Which color guys do you like? Not arguing with you (for once!), just curious.

as good as Neale sounded on Hockey Night in Canada or doing Leafs games, Rick J was best with- oh boy, you guys are gonna kill me- the dude before Neale.

I was bummed when I heard that he was retiring.

I know there is no excuse for not knowing the name, but him and RJ were quite the team. There was life, there was excitement to each broadcast.

I think this is his best call of the year. Listen at the 53 second mark or so.

I thought you might have been referring to "That's the best shot you've had this year Danny." I can't imagine Harry is too popular with some of the players. Last year a player got hit in the nads with a stick and Harry joked about it. Just seems like a jerk.

Archived