Sabres close to re-signing Max?!?!

Two or less

Not sure how reliable this is but supposedly this is a good web site for up to date news..... http://twitter.com/evenstrength

Claims Sabres are close to re-signing Max nation.

ps. sorry for starting new threads, idk if they should go in the mega thread or if that one is only for NHL stuff...

that site is like a Wiki for hockey, people get paid that post the most.

The words used are "Sabers may have made forward Maxim Afinogenov an offer? no word on the deal"

Maybe if they could spell Sabres correctly...

that site is like a Wiki for hockey, people get paid that post the most.

The words used are "Sabers may have made forward Maxim Afinogenov an offer? no word on the deal"

Maybe if they could spell Sabres correctly...

E1!!! Now that its here thats an E2.

Here is how it works:

Max talks to Elena Dementieva.

Elena Dementieva talks to Monica Seles.

Monica Seles talks to Tom Golisano.

Tom Golisano talks to Larry Quinn.

Larry Quinn talks to Darcy.

Darcy offers Max a contract.

Here is how it works:

Max talks to Elena Dementieva.

Elena Dementieva talks to Monica Seles.

Monica Seles talks to Tom Golisano.

Tom Golisano talks to Larry Quinn.

Larry Quinn talks to Darcy.

Darcy offers Max a contract.

You forgot Q.E.D.

If Afinogenov resigns I'm going to lose it. My neutral position with regards to the front office would officially be decided.

What he said.

I will leave a plate of my own poo with Darcy's name on it on the sidewalk of HSBC arena if they resign Max. I will do it.

Now part of me is hoping they do sign him, just to see if d4rk does this.

Where have you been? Long time, no post. Good to see you back.

Thanks, 526. Been working a lot, spending as much time as possible with the little guy, and trying to stick to a workout schedule. Doesn't leave a lot of time for the message boards, but I wanted to make some time around the start of FA.

Max's career as a Sabre is done. I guarantee it.

I'd like to see Max elsewhere, but if they resigned him at a something like $600,000 for one year? Then he wouldn't have to play to the pressure of a contract (he'd be in another contract year) and the coaching staff doesn't have to use him on the top two lines unless he earns it. Maybe he finds the spark again.

Just throwing it out there.

I'm shocked that anyone wants this rainman with skates back with the team. Dude has no hockey sense, barely any skill aside from skating and hasn't grasped the team concept in over a decade of professional hockey.

Absolutely. I wouldn't want him back if he played for free.

I'm shocked that anyone wants this rainman with skates back with the team. Dude has no hockey sense, barely any skill aside from skating and hasn't grasped the team concept in over a decade of professional hockey.

How has such a player remained in the league for 10 years?

I'd like to see Max elsewhere, but if they resigned him at a something like $600,000 for one year? Then he wouldn't have to play to the pressure of a contract (he'd be in another contract year) and the coaching staff doesn't have to use him on the top two lines unless he earns it. Maybe he finds the spark again.

Just throwing it out there.

You mean because he wasn't playing for a contract last season? I've seen enough of Max to know that I don't want him or his cancerous attitude anywhere near my hockey team. I'm amazed that he hasn't been scratched from games because one of his own teammates punched his head flat in the tunnel between periods.

How has such a player remained in the league for 10 years?

The same reason Rob Johnson got so many looks in the NFL. Every team thinks they'll be the one to flip the switch that makes the dude's mental game equal his physical gifts. And 99.9999% of the time they'll be wrong as hell.

The same reason Rob Johnson got so many looks in the NFL. Every team thinks they'll be the one to flip the switch that makes the dude's mental game equal his physical gifts. And 99.9999% of the time they'll be wrong as hell.

That comparison might work once he bounces around the league a bit.

Archived