Sabres close to re-signing Max?!?!

Two or less

I'm shocked that anyone wants this rainman with skates back with the team. Dude has no hockey sense, barely any skill aside from skating and hasn't grasped the team concept in over a decade of professional hockey.

Amen. I wouldn't want him back unless he was paying OSP to play, and even then I wouldn't want to see him more than 10 minutes a game.

How has such a player remained in the league for 10 years?

FWIW Max is going into his 10th season.

The reason he has remained - the alluring tease of potential, based on his speed and one-and-a-half very (albeit inflated) good years in a "perfect storm" setting - the "New NHL" and Max being blessed by being on the best 3rd line in hockey in a pond hockey system that eschewed defense for a run-and-gun all offense all the time attacking style.

The better question, in my mind, is why some still think that a player with just 134 goals in nine years is a great offensive weapon and the Sabres will be hurt by letting him leave.

Amen. I wouldn't want him back unless he was paying OSP to play, and even then I wouldn't want to see him more than 10 minutes a game.

FWIW Max is going into his 10th season.

The alluring tease of potential, based on his speed and one-and-a-half very (albeit inflated) good years in a "perfect storm" setting - the "New NHL" and Max being blessed by being on the best 3rd line in hockey in a pond hockey system that eschewed defense for a run-and-gun all offense all the time attacking style.

The better question, in my mind, is why some still think that a player with just 134 goals in nine years is a great offensive weapon and the Sabres will be hurt by letting him leave.

Not to mention 16 tallies in his last 104 games. Clark MacArthur is being thrown under the bus for being a tweener and he had 17 LAST SEASON.

Max sucks. He's always sucked.

Archived