GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I've got it all figured out.

All we need is this:

Montreal goes no more than 4 wins in their final 6 games. (only two at home)Total 96 points.

Florida goes no more than 4 wins in their last 5 games. 95 points.

Sabres win out, earning 14 points in their last 7. 96 points. We in the tiebreaker with more wins (44) than Montreal (43)

If by chance Montreal gets 4 of 6 plus an OT loss, we're out.

To end on a bright note, if Montreal has 3 wins two OT losses, we're in.

I will have no fingernails left by the end of this game.

All we need is this:

Montreal goes no more than 4 wins in their final 6 games. (only two at home)Total 96 points.

Sabres win out, earning 14 points in their last 7. 96 points. We in the tiebreaker with more wins (44) than Montreal (43)

After reading that, it's hard to believe our percentage of making the playoffs is as high as 14.3% ...

"And then, depression set in" Bill Murray in Stripes

I live in ATL and am debating even going to this game - we have sucked against ATL this year, we play down to the level of competition (and conversely ATL seems to bring their A game against us...), they have been playing great as of late, and they have absolutely NOTHING to lose...

Believe me, there is nothing worse than filing out of Philips Arena after a loss to Les Thrash, and being heckled by a bunch of overweight rednecks who know nothing about hockey...

This all could be a recipe for disaster - including us playing with our sphincters too tight)........now just watch, I don't go to the game and the Sabres cruise to a blowout win..... :wallbash:

I live in ATL and am debating even going to this game - we have sucked against ATL this year, we play down to the level of competition (and conversely ATL seems to bring their A game against us...), they have been playing great as of late, and they have absolutely NOTHING to lose...

Believe me, there is nothing worse than filing out of Philips Arena after a loss to Les Thrash, and being heckled by a bunch of overweight rednecks who know nothing about hockey...

This all could be a recipe for disaster - including us playing with our sphincters too tight)........now just watch, I don't go to the game and the Sabres cruise to a blowout win..... :wallbash:

It is your duty as a Sabres fan to attend. I have my tickets for the game here againsty the Canes on April 9th. I just bought them two days ago knowing full well that the game will most likely be meaningless as far as the playoffs are concerned. However it is my duty as a Sabres fan to rape and pillage.

All we need is this:

We have a back to back against Washington and NJ this weekend. We also face Boston and Detroit in our 7 games in 11 days gauntlet to end the season. There is no way we win out. I would guess at best 5-2 (and that will take a miracle) which puts Montreal at 2 wins in their last 5 and Forida with 3 in their last five at best for us to get in. It doesn't look good.

All we need is this:

I like the spirit..

LETS GO SABRES!!!

All we need is this:

Mike Harrington of the News thinks that the Sabres "probably" need at least 5 wins to get in. I'm not sure if he had a liquid lunch at the Swanee House before writing this, but he is dreaming. Five wins puts the Sabres at 92 points and will NOT get them in the playoffs.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/625481.html

Not a horrible period. I liked the way the Sabres came out and played with intensity and desperation in the first. I did not like the neutral zone turnover by the Roy line that created the Bogosian goal. Second, on the Bogosian goal, it looked like Atlanta was way offsides on the play. Am I the only one who thought so or is there some consensus on that?

Did that one definitely go in? I do not have a high-def feed and from what I could see, it did not look like it went in.

They never gave a clear look at it. A top down look would have helped. No one complained about it though.

Not a horrible period. I liked the way the Sabres came out and played with intensity and desperation in the first. I did not like the neutral zone turnover by the Roy line that created the Bogosian goal. Second, on the Bogosian goal, it looked like Atlanta was way offsides on the play. Am I the only one who thought so or is there some consensus on that?

I didn't catch it.

Archived