Hit o' the week

MattPie

Typical.

IMO, not much of a year for Soupy, Spacek's got pretty much the same point total, Lydman's got 5 times the hits of Soupster. Only thing we miss is him skating it out of the zone.

Campbell has 46 points to Spaceks 36..On top of it they are 2 different players, and I would rather have both of them....As far as the hit goes if the Sabres had stepped up in the neutral zone and stood their ground more like that instead of pussyfooting backwards all year and not taking the body we would be in better shape...

Typical.

IMO, not much of a year for Soupy, Spacek's got pretty much the same point total, Lydman's got 5 times the hits of Soupster. Only thing we miss is him skating it out of the zone.

Campbell was never much of a hitter, we all know that, and his offense wasn't much better. We do miss his ability to carry the puck out. (Basically, I'm agreeing with you.)

But is it worth $7m or whatever?

Wow, I would hate to be the Blackhawks GM in a couple of years.

That's a question for the Blackhawks and the answer is "no". However, the question for the Sabres was more like "is it worth $4.5 million?"

I'm not so sure about that. I think that Campbell knew he was going to test the market as soon as he became the one-hit wonder.

Even so, and even though the Sabres don't have a great puck-moving defenseman right now, I'm not sure $4.5M is the right number for a one-dimensional player.

Uh oh, Campbell has the hit of the week:

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=17&id=37631

Sorry, but I only know of 3, maybe 4 hits total for Campbell. I think I'm missing the fifth. You've got this one, Umberger, Axelsson, and arguably the Ovechkin hit (but Ovechkin ran Campbell and took the brunt of the collision, so I wouldn't give Campbell credit for it). I guess, I'm missing the other 2 you are referring to. He almost never hits a guy, but when he does, he makes it count, that's for sure.

Sorry, but I only know of 3, maybe 4 hits total for Campbell. I think I'm missing the fifth. You've got this one, Umberger, Axelsson, and arguably the Ovechkin hit (but Ovechkin ran Campbell and took the brunt of the collision, so I wouldn't give Campbell credit for it). I guess, I'm missing the other 2 you are referring to. He almost never hits a guy, but when he does, he makes it count, that's for sure.

I don't remember which Hab it was, but he absolutely destroyed a Hab behind the Sabres net a couple of years back ('05-'06 IIRC).

Archived