[OT] I need a good Sabretooth73 rant right about now!

LabattBlue

Pittsburgh just won their 6th SB championship, they have a couple of WS championships(recent times...1970 to current) and a couple of Stanley Cup winners. F them. Fate sucks sometimes when it comes to being a Buffalo sports fan.

Cmon Sabretooth73...bring it!

Steelers fans rate right up there with Patriot fans and Cowboy fans. The triumvirate of a-holes.

I was really disappointed in the number of supposed Browns fans who told me they were rooting for the Steelers. One actually said something like "they're like our sister city, how can you root against them." Really? You're pulling for your biggest, most hated rival because they're in the same division or geograpichally close?

The P*ts or the Florida Gators could be playing the Hitler-led Nazis and I'd have a hard time pulling for NE or UF...

I can only imagine how Buffalo sports fans would react to a Championship. I doubt words like gracious and humble could describe the reaction.

I'm glad the Steelers won. Sports are better when the storied franchises are at the top of the league. Baseball is better when the Yanks, Sox and Dodgers are good. The NHL is better when the Bruins, Habs and Red Wings are at the top. Football is better when teams like the Steelers, Cowboys and Raiders are at the top.

I would have hated to see the Cardinals win. It would be like watching an expansion team win.

If Ralph Wilson is a Hall of Fame owner it is solely on his contributions to the AFL. He has done nothing during his time in the NFL to garner such recognition. For the majority of the Bills time in the NFL they have been at the bottom of the league. He has made one successful move in hiring Bill Polian who gets 100% of the credit for building the Bills Super Bowl teams. The Bills are currently mired in a stretch of futility and insignificance which is sure to continue under the watch of one of the worst head coaches in the league and one of the worst in Bills history.

At least Bills fans have a new off-season to look forward to. Scrapping the bottom of the free agency barrel and continued drafting of players who fit the mold of their coach which is uninspiring and weak.

I can only imagine how Buffalo sports fans would react to a Championship. I doubt words like gracious and humble could describe the reaction.

Basically the last 20-30 minutes of Bruce Almighty when the sabres win the cup and the town is on fire... that would about sum it up.

Basically the last 20-30 minutes of Bruce Almighty when the sabres win the cup and the town is on fire... that would about sum it up.

Right on that; the place would burn. If you thought the British did a good job at it; just wait until the Sabres or Bills win it all.

I was actually talkning to my friend about this after the Pheonix game, and I told him that we can NEVER win a championship. The numbers in which we represent the Sabres in away games is astounding. I think most home fans just see it as cute annoyance, you know,"they're annoying, but they're losers so we'll put up with it." If we had a winning tradition behind those numbers we would be the most hated fans by far.

If Ralph Wilson is a Hall of Fame owner it is solely on his contributions to the AFL. He has done nothing during his time in the NFL to garner such recognition. For the majority of the Bills time in the NFL they have been at the bottom of the league. He has made one successful move in hiring Bill Polian who gets 100% of the credit for building the Bills Super Bowl teams. The Bills are currently mired in a stretch of futility and insignificance which is sure to continue under the watch of one of the worst head coaches in the league and one of the worst in Bills history.

At least Bills fans have a new off-season to look forward to. Scrapping the bottom of the free agency barrel and continued drafting of players who fit the mold of their coach which is uninspiring and weak.

Wow. And I thought I was down on the Bills.

Ralph deserves credit for being one of 2 owners to oppose the current CBA. He was criticized widely in the national media for doing so, but quite a few owners and writers have come out in the last year or so to say that Ralph was right.

And, of course, he deserves a huge amount of credit for not taking the $700 million or whatever he could've made by selling the team to a new owner in a different city.

Wow. And I thought I was down on the Bills.

Ralph deserves credit for being one of 2 owners to oppose the current CBA. He was criticized widely in the national media for doing so, but quite a few owners and writers have come out in the last year or so to say that Ralph was right.

And, of course, he deserves a huge amount of credit for not taking the $700 million or whatever he could've made by selling the team to a new owner in a different city.

Compared to the $700+ million his estate will make when he dies? That money is always going to be there. He has certainly made a ton money from WNY. His expenses are paid by the TV contract and the fans have sold the stadium out despite the team being a laughing stock for 9 years. Don't get me started on the $5 million welfare check that Erie County shells out each year.

Didn't Mike Brown also vote against the CBA? Is Mike Brown now a genius? They were going to vote against the CBA because it's what they do.

Wilson's Bills have more 10+ loss season (15) than the do 10+ win seasons (13). In the 49 year history of the franchise the Bills have made the playoffs 17 times 35%. 4 came in the AFL and 8 of those 13 NFL playoff years can be directly credited to Bill Polian.

Pittsburgh just won their 6th SB championship, they have a couple of WS championships(recent times...1970 to current) and a couple of Stanley Cup winners. F them. Fate sucks sometimes when it comes to being a Buffalo sports fan.

He's probably in jail for murdering them all. :death: They probably started yakking it up and celebrating before the game was actually played and when they won he snapped because he knew he couldn't deal with them going on and on about bringing home the 6 pack. :chris:

I will say I am a bit surprised by the some of the PGH loathing expressed here. Is anyones (besides Sabrestooth's in law problem) really rooted in anything specific or is it an envy thing ?

I will admit that 16 years of living and working in PGH has changed my opinion from the first 5-7 years here. Yes there are some real idiot knuckle dragging morons but I am not sure the proportion here is any different than any town I have visited. The people I have got to know and befreind are as good as any I knew in my first 30+ years in Bflo. They know my loyalties and you can have an intelligent sports conversation tinged with a healthy amount of trash talk. A good fun mutual dis-repect, not sure you can expect much more than that from anywhere.

Since I've moved here, they have been to the Superbowl 3 times and won 2. and they beat the Cowboys and 49'ers to get to 6.

Sorry for all you with the negative feelings here but as for me I respect and salute that. :beer:

Compared to the $700+ million his estate will make when he dies? That money is always going to be there. He has certainly made a ton money from WNY. His expenses are paid by the TV contract and the fans have sold the stadium out despite the team being a laughing stock for 9 years. Don't get me started on the $5 million welfare check that Erie County shells out each year.

Didn't Mike Brown also vote against the CBA? Is Mike Brown now a genius? They were going to vote against the CBA because it's what they do.

Wilson's Bills have more 10+ loss season (15) than the do 10+ win seasons (13). In the 49 year history of the franchise the Bills have made the playoffs 17 times 35%. 4 came in the AFL and 8 of those 13 NFL playoff years can be directly credited to Bill Polian.

Ralph getting in now is a bit hard for me to swallow, especially giving that he is getting credit for keeping the team in Buffalo yet doing NOTHING to make sure it stays there after he dies. In the end, the result is going to be the same because he is the only one who can give what amounts to a hometown discount on the sale. It could be argued that if they do move eventually he is as much at fault as anyone for being stubborn and insisting he would own the team until he dies. I think he probably deserves it for the things he did to save the AFL and broker the first big TV deals and the merger in the 1960s, but they could have put him in for those things 20 years ago.

He's probably in jail for murdering them all. :death: They probably started yakking it up and celebrating before the game was actually played and when they won he snapped because he knew he couldn't deal with them going on and on about bringing home the 6 pack. :chris:

I will say I am a bit surprised by the some of the PGH loathing expressed here. Is anyones (besides Sabrestooth's in law problem) really rooted in anything specific or is it an envy thing ?

I will admit that 16 years of living and working in PGH has changed my opinion from the first 5-7 years here. Yes there are some real idiot knuckle dragging morons but I am not sure the proportion here is any different than any town I have visited. The people I have got to know and befreind are as good as any I knew in my first 30+ years in Bflo. They know my loyalties and you can have an intelligent sports conversation tinged with a healthy amount of trash talk. A good fun mutual dis-repect, not sure you can expect much more than that from anywhere.

Since I've moved here, they have been to the Superbowl 3 times and won 2. and they beat the Cowboys and 49'ers to get to 6.

Sorry for all you with the negative feelings here but as for me I respect and salute that. :beer:

I agree ...

Just like we say about Buffalo, anyone who bashes Pittsburgh has never lived there. I lived there for many years and my wife is from there so I still visit a lot. I think the majority of the fans are more annoying because they are basically spoiled brats, they don't realize how lucky they have been over the years. But fandom aside, it is a great city and a great place to live. I don't miss it as much as I miss Buffalo, but I do miss it.

I live in the area and work downtown so I'm surrounded by Pittsburgh. I agree that the Pittsburgh fans are totally spoiled brats. They may be THE most spoiled fans there are. Steeler fans are mostly hard core and yes I am jealous of them, but Penguins fans are the most fair weather fans on the planet, and that is because they are spoiled and it's not really a hockey town like Buffalo. I am jealous but I also don't think any of them appreciate the titles or feel the way we will feel when Buffalo wins one. I only want one, I don't need 8 (not counting baseball) like Pittsburgh, I want one and it will be the absolute greatest time of my life!

and again, yes I am totally jealous :P

Ralph getting in now is a bit hard for me to swallow, especially giving that he is getting credit for keeping the team in Buffalo yet doing NOTHING to make sure it stays there after he dies. In the end, the result is going to be the same because he is the only one who can give what amounts to a hometown discount on the sale. It could be argued that if they do move eventually he is as much at fault as anyone for being stubborn and insisting he would own the team until he dies. I think he probably deserves it for the things he did to save the AFL and broker the first big TV deals and the merger in the 1960s, but they could have put him in for those things 20 years ago.

I agree ...

Just like we say about Buffalo, anyone who bashes Pittsburgh has never lived there. I lived there for many years and my wife is from there so I still visit a lot. I think the majority of the fans are more annoying because they are basically spoiled brats, they don't realize how lucky they have been over the years. But fandom aside, it is a great city and a great place to live. I don't miss it as much as I miss Buffalo, but I do miss it.

I refer back to the old HOF argument. What did Ralph do as a owner over the past year to finally put him in? Is insulting the fan base part of the HOF criteria?

I'm pretty sure this guy is long gone, so I dug up one of his classics and pasted it below. All behold the genius that was Sabretooth73: :D

how the F can any of you be seriously rooting for $hittsburgh???

how do you like a city, similar in city and economic standing to Buffalo....having 5 super bowl titles, 2 stanley cups, world series titles, etc...and Buffalo has ZERO???????????????????????????

It makes me sick to my stomach that filthy cest pool has gotten so lucky with their sports teams..

any then there is Cynthia Crosby...the "golden boy" that all the networks WANT in the finals.... its lke rooting for the HS football QB to get the homecoming queen.... F that!

I hope the wings destroy them...

"the pens need swept!"

F $hittsburgh

any if yer listening "wonderbread"...i hope to God you aint rooting for them inbred, West Va backwoods horses a$$es to win it.

to me, $hittsburgh is west Va...so if you want the Pens, youre rooting for W VA to have the Stanley Cup. F it!

Archived