[OT] I need a good Sabretooth73 rant right about now!

LabattBlue

I refer back to the old HOF argument. What did Ralph do as a owner over the past year to finally put him in? Is insulting the fan base part of the HOF criteria?

From the sounds of things, he basically got older and they wanted to get him in while he could still enjoy it or appreciate it. That's about it ... yeah, he turned out to be right about the CBA. But like you said, he got lucky. Even at the time he admitted he voted against it because it was rushed and he did not even understand it all ... that's not me making fun of him, that's what he said ... now we are being sold that he was right about it, like he analyzed it and saw holes no one else did? Give me a break.

I appreciate that for whatever reason he opened up his wallet from 1986-1999 ... While I agree Polian deserves much more credit, Ralph had to approve a lot of money being paid to a lot of guys, it doesn't happen if Ralph says no. It's not his fault they fell just short of the ultimate goal. But he was too cheap before that and has had his hands in way too many bad football decisions since then for me to feel all warm and fuzzy about this.

The Steelers have had 3 coaches over the last 30 or so years; each one has won a Superbowl. The Bills, by contrast, have had 3 coaches over the last 9 years, missing the playoffs each year by a generous margin.

The Rooney's are able to pick excellent football people as a matter of course. Wilson, on the other hand, picks good football people as a matter of luck; and then pisses them off, and then runs them out of town.

Wilson making the hall of fame is a nice honor to his longevity, but it is in no way attributable to his competence in running a football operation.

Giving Wilson admission into the hall of fame just because he has kept the team in Buffalo is like giving a guy the husband of the year award just because he doesn't beat his wife.

Honestly, while we hysterically worry about the Bills moving out of town, what city has shown that it is ready to accept an NFL franchise? What municipality is willing to shell out half-a-billion taxpayer dollars to build a new stadium for ol' Ralph? There are none, because if there were, New Orleans, San Diego, or Jacksonville would have beaten Wilson to the punch.

The NFL writers voting Wilson into the Hall is like the Oscars giving the lifetime achievement award to Ed Wood. It's happening because almost 50 years after starting the franchise in Buffalo, Wilson coughed in an owner's meeting and somebody in attendance realized that that old fart is still around, and that has to be worth something.

So congratulations and thanks for the memories Ralph; although, if you had even half the football brain of the Rooney family, the memories could have been a hell of a lot better.

How's that for a rant?

The Steelers have had 3 coaches over the last 30 or so years; each one has won a Superbowl. The Bills, by contrast, have had 3 coaches over the last 9 years, missing the playoffs each year by a generous margin.

The Rooney's are able to pick excellent football people as a matter of course. Wilson, on the other hand, picks good football people as a matter of luck; and then pisses them off, and then runs them out of town.

Wilson making the hall of fame is a nice honor to his longevity, but it is in no way attributable to his competence in running a football operation.

Giving Wilson admission into the hall of fame just because he has kept the team in Buffalo is like giving a guy the husband of the year award just because he doesn't beat his wife.

Honestly, while we hysterically worry about the Bills moving out of town, what city has shown that it is ready to accept an NFL franchise? What municipality is willing to shell out half-a-billion taxpayer dollars to build a new stadium for ol' Ralph? There are none, because if there were, New Orleans, San Diego, or Jacksonville would have beaten Wilson to the punch.

The NFL writers voting Wilson into the Hall is like the Oscars giving the lifetime achievement award to Ed Wood. It's happening because almost 50 years after starting the franchise in Buffalo, Wilson coughed in an owner's meeting and somebody in attendance realized that that old fart is still around, and that has to be worth something.

So congratulations and thanks for the memories Ralph; although, if you had even half the football brain of the Rooney family, the memories could have been a hell of a lot better.

How's that for a rant?

:worthy: :worthy:

How's that for a rant?

Pretty damn good, IMO.

:worthy:

How's that for a rant?

Three coaches hired by the Rooney family and they all have won a Super Bowl. To say Wilson deserves to be honored among truly great owners like that is a joke.

ding, nfreeman, your door is now open, ding. :w00t:

I got lazy. I knew it didn't look right but I went with it.

My beef in the other thread wasn't nfreeman's use of physicality, but rather professional broadcasters using stupid words. There are thousands of words to choose from, instead we hear the same meaningless drivel all the time. Looking back, I should have emphasized who I was irked at in particular. I guess that toothpaste can't be squeezed back into the tube.

It's been a while but here we go:

This football season was a complete nightmare!

The Bills yet again rip my heart our, show it to me, and eat it. AThen to top it off of all 32 teams the one i dont want to win is the $hittsburgh "Stillers" with their inbred fan abse consisting mostly of tools sporting mullets and paper thin mustaches. I've read some of the posts and I can agree that $hit hole is filled with the most spoiled fans Ive ever come across. 6 SB's, 2 SC's, 2 WS's...Pitt was ranked #1 up until recently in NCAA hoops, all those great players to play at Pitt in football....it goes on and on. I will admit I am jeaous of all of this....all the success that dump has had, should be Buffalo's. I want to get a terrible towel, go out and eat about 10 bean burritos from taco hell and wipe my a$$ as it throws up with that piece of garbage. I despise everything about that franchise. I hate the "stillers" more than any franchise in sports.

Just to sum up the spoiled aspect of the Pittsburgh mentality... riding in to work today, I take a bus, traffic is a little crazy because they are getting ready for the parade today. So there are baracades and police and people all over... now, all this is going on and this lady on the bus says "What's the big deal? we won it 6 times, this is so annoying." (meaning the traffic and 'inconvienence' of the parade) Then I get to my building and up do my desk and hear more people saying things like "my bus better not be detoured later, this is ridiculious".

These people are COMPLAINING about a freaking SuperBowl parade! now, like I said in my last post, there are hard core excited out of thier mind fans here too, people were lining up for the parade at 4:30 am and the parade doesn't start until noon. But the feeling around town is just "eh, we won again... we're awesome. What's for lunch?" Walking thru downtown yesterday I couldn't believe how there was NO energy or NO excitement anywhere... people were just going about their day normally. They just take it for granted.

I know nothing would be like winning the first one, but still... I just can't see or feel the excitement down here. When Buffalo wins one, WNY will have a buzz and energy in the air for days... I think anyway.

It's been a while but here we go:

This football season was a complete nightmare!

The Bills yet again rip my heart our, show it to me, and eat it. AThen to top it off of all 32 teams the one i dont want to win is the $hittsburgh "Stillers" with their inbred fan abse consisting mostly of tools sporting mullets and paper thin mustaches. I've read some of the posts and I can agree that $hit hole is filled with the most spoiled fans Ive ever come across. 6 SB's, 2 SC's, 2 WS's...Pitt was ranked #1 up until recently in NCAA hoops, all those great players to play at Pitt in football....it goes on and on. I will admit I am jeaous of all of this....all the success that dump has had, should be Buffalo's. I want to get a terrible towel, go out and eat about 10 bean burritos from taco hell and wipe my a$$ as it throws up with that piece of garbage. I despise everything about that franchise. I hate the "stillers" more than any franchise in sports.

Not your best effort, but it is good to know the fire is still burning. :lol:

• 10 months later...

I was really disappointed in the number of supposed Browns fans who told me they were rooting for the Steelers. One actually said something like "they're like our sister city, how can you root against them." Really? You're pulling for your biggest, most hated rival because they're in the same division or geograpichally close?

The P*ts or the Florida Gators could be playing the Hitler-led Nazis and I'd have a hard time pulling for NE or UF...

As a second generation Seminole and life long Bills fan, I second this.

As a second generation Seminole and life long Bills fan, I second this.

:thumbsup:

I could handle a 1-11 season if the only win was over the Gates. Too bad we've been taking it on the chin in recent years.

Archived