GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

9:00 pm

I'm hoping that I can stay awake for this entire game, hopefully the Sabres will too! It's saturday night, win baby!

9 as opposed to 10 pm should at least help your chances! I use to hate the west coast games for the same reason.

west coast games bring back fond memories of falling asleep listening to Ted Darling on the transistor radio hanging on the bedpost! For some reason it seems as though I 'd fall asleep after the first period and wake up duing the third, check the score and struggle to listen to the end.

9:00 pm

I'm hoping that I can stay awake for this entire game, hopefully the Sabres will too! It's saturday night, win baby!

Time to get this road trip above .500. :thumbsup:

I'm right there with ya on hoping to stay up and/or remember to record it on the DVR in case I do fall asleep.

So according to the SNOOZE, (NEWS) Miller should be playing tonight and I'm counting on a bounce back game after those 2 softies he let in in Calgary. I like Kaleta taking Peter's spot on the 4th line as he was cleared to play.

This is a game we should and do need to win against a team we have more talent and are better than. GO Sabres.

Time to get this road trip above .500. :thumbsup:

I'm right there with ya on hoping to stay up and/or remember to record it on the DVR in case I do fall asleep.

So according to the SNOOZE, (NEWS) Miller should be playing tonight and I'm counting on a bounce back game after those 2 softies he let in in Calgary. I like Kaleta taking Peter's spot on the 4th line as he was cleared to play.

This is a game we should and do need to win against a team we have more talent and are better than. GO Sabres.

Not so sure that we are more talented as Phoenix has definitely got some talent. They are down a couple of players and are quite a bit younger so really no excuse for us to come out without at least one point - Phoenix is tough at home and this year they are not the same as they have been in prior years. Not a walk in the park by any stretch.

Phoenix is strong defensively, but have been struggling offensively. The Sabres have to bury the chances that they get. We should win the battle of special teams since our PK is one of the best, while their PP is one of the worst. I expect a low scoring game and could see it turning physical. Definitely not an easy win, especially given how much better Phoenix plays at home.

The race for the bottom two spots in the East has gotten very tight with Florida just one behind and with a game in hand, plus two other teams that are two behind, though with one more GP'd. We need a win to keep some separation from those teams. We also have a chance to get back into that 4,5,6 grouping with a run of wins.

Phoenix is strong defensively, but have been struggling offensively. The Sabres have to bury the chances that they get. We should win the battle of special teams since our PK is one of the best, while their PP is one of the worst. I expect a low scoring game and could see it turning physical. Definitely not an easy win, especially given how much better Phoenix plays at home.

The race for the bottom two spots in the East has gotten very tight with Florida just one behind and with a game in hand, plus two other teams that are two behind, though with one more GP'd. We need a win to keep some separation from those teams. We also have a chance to get back into that 4,5,6 grouping with a run of wins.

I see those two home games vs. Florida in March as huge. Those are both 4 point games right now.

west coast games bring back fond memories of falling asleep listening to Ted Darling on the transistor radio hanging on the bedpost! For some reason it seems as though I 'd fall asleep after the first period and wake up duing the third, check the score and struggle to listen to the end.

Used to keep my radio under the pillow.

Did that shot hurt Mair enough to keep him out again? I thought thats why Peters was in... Kaleta will add some energy though and hes fun to watch zoom around and be a little annoying jerk.

Another game where scoring first is extra important:

Phoenix Coyotes

Record when trailing after 1: 3-11-2

Record when trailing after 2: 2-18-4

Record when leading after 1: 9-2-0

Record when leading after 2: 16-0-1

They know how to shut it down when they get a lead, but really struggle to come back. Also, it appears that the first period is key against them. In the second and third, their GA and GF are roughly the same (+/- 2), but in the first period, they have been outscored 54-36. The Sabres are likewise about even in the second and third, but have outscored their opponents 48-40 in the first. If the Sabres come out strong and can get an early lead, they have a very good chance. Otherwise, it will be a very tough game, especially if they fall behind.

Did that shot hurt Mair enough to keep him out again? I thought thats why Peters was in... Kaleta will add some energy though and hes fun to watch zoom around and be a little annoying jerk.

Mair is questionable for tonight. He had stitches for a deep cut and then his knee swelled way up. However, Lindy said that it was improving and he might go tonight. It says that Kaleta would likely take his spot if Mair can't skate, but it doesn't say whether Kaleta might go for someone else if he can (Paille, maybe.) Either way, it sound like Peters is in the press box.

I remember one LA Game where I fell asleep and ran out the next morning to buy the paper to see who won. 6-1 Buffalo was the score, I think, with a picture of Gilbert Perrault on the sports cover!

Another game where scoring first is extra important:

Phoenix Coyotes

Record when trailing after 1: 3-11-2

Record when trailing after 2: 2-18-4

Record when leading after 1: 9-2-0

Record when leading after 2: 16-0-1

They know how to shut it down when they get a lead, but really struggle to come back. Also, it appears that the first period is key against them. In the second and third, their GA and GF are roughly the same (+/- 2), but in the first period, they have been outscored 54-36. The Sabres are likewise about even in the second and third, but have outscored their opponents 48-40 in the first. If the Sabres come out strong and can get an early lead, they have a very good chance. Otherwise, it will be a very tough game, especially if they fall behind.

Spot on. I've watched numerous coyotes games this year where they have shut it down and been a frustrating team to play against when they have the lead. Overall they match up well and it should be a good one.

Archived