GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I just love the 'Sabre Nation' active and in force at about every opposing arena we visit.

God bless them.

...and the coyote call again for the Phoenix PP. The kiss of death for them.

Doan helps seal the deal for us. Thanks Shane!

Balls move by Gretzky to pull the goalie with all this time left.

Put these dogs out of their misery.

Great save on MAG's EN attempt!

and....

Two points for the good guys!

(can't ever get that EN goal though, What gives?)

Miller may have cost them a point in CGY but he gave them the game they needed tonight, especially playing with 4 D ... nothing overly difficult other than that save on the 2-on-1 in the first, but it is a different game if they are behind. Given the injuries, the fact they already got their .500 trip is not so bad.

EDIT - 4 D some of the night when paetsch was serving long penalties ... didn't want to scare anyone, injuries are bad enough for real ...

Now the reality check..

No Max, Hecht, Spacek, Teppo, and Tallinder... On to the big bad Ducks...

Add Sekera to that list as he's still feeling the pain from the high ankle sprain injury. And, add no Miller as Lalime gets the start against the Ducks. My hunch is that Mair comes back in against the Ducks if his leg is good enough. Lines for Ducks game are:

Vanek-Connolly-Stafford

MacArthur-Roy-Pominville

Paille-Gaustad-Kotalik

Ellis-Mair-Kaleta

Rivet-Butler

Lydman-Paetsch

Gragnani-????

I'm expecting a loss against Anaheim, but 2-2 on this segment of the roadie is good for me.

Add Sekera to that list as he's still feeling the pain from the high ankle sprain injury. And, add no Miller as Lalime gets the start against the Ducks. My hunch is that Mair comes back in against the Ducks if his leg is good enough. Lines for Ducks game are:

Vanek-Connolly-Stafford

MacArthur-Roy-Pominville

Paille-Gaustad-Kotalik

Ellis-Mair-Kaleta

Rivet-Butler

Lydman-Paetsch

Gragnani-????

I'm expecting a loss against Anaheim, but 2-2 on this segment of the roadie is good for me.

Has it been announced that Lalime is starting? At least Miller would give a chance to get something out of the Ducks game, with Lalime, forget it.

Solid road game tonight from the Sabres. Miller and the defense really stood strong tonight. The defense did a great job of blocking shots and keeping most things on the perimeter. When Miller had to make a big save, he did and that's why the Sabres won tonight. Great team win even with two injuries. Connolly has 16 points in the 16 games he's played and added another goal. My three stars for tonight:

Third Star: Roy

Second Star: Connolly

First Star: Miller

Good win, and now onto Anaheim with a completely depleted lineup. I'm looking forward to it.

Rivet-Butler

Lydman-Paetsch

Gragnani-????

As mentioned, Weber is back in the lineup in Portland. Unless Darcy pulls a trade out of his @ss, he'd be my guess. You know, the Coyotes are hurting on the front end, maybe we could trade them a forward for a D man.

Has it been announced that Lalime is starting? At least Miller would give a chance to get something out of the Ducks game, with Lalime, forget it.

Yeah, per Paul Hamilton from WGR, he said Miller will play tonight and Lalime will play on Monday against the Ducks. Things could definitely change between now and then, but I would expect Lalime to get the start given it was announced.

Archived