GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Wow, Hamilton isn't bad at all. I'm very surprised.

THE SKILL!!!!!! :death:

MR. The Skill kisses the post as well...He stays in the game!

Garbage call on the Goose.

Should have been four minutes for the high-stick on Rivet.

...and I am already sick of the damn coyote call blared at the arena (AAAAAHHHHHhhhh-ROOOOOOOO).

Remember when we got beaten badly on a MLK holiday afternoon game in Phoenix last year or the year before.

Regarding Paetsch - I remember someone saying that he had some success in fights and could hold his own fairly well. Maybe there is You-Tube footage?

...and Roy to Danny Paille!!!

Fantastic!!!

"You can say that again"

Damn penalties!!!

Damn injuries!!!

Who's out now? Spacho and Hecht???

Entertaining game so far...

Is it just me or is RJ the only guy who mentions in-game injuries? its' like the PHX guys have not even noticed we are down 2 guys ... and Paetshc keeps playing Mr Tough Guy and getting sent off for huge chunks of time, leaving us with 4 defensemen ...

I was thinking the same thing and two of those guys are rooks... Oh and Paetsch fights like a girl..

Regarding Paetsch - I remember someone saying that he had some success in fights and could hold his own fairly well. Maybe there is You-Tube footage?

http://hockeyfights.com/players/1687

Click on an individual NHL season and there should be links for most of the fights.

Good second period, but man, this team is really getting killed by injuries. So, we know Spacek is out. Per Vogl on the news blog, Spacek has a lower body injury. I also noticed that Hecht did not play much if at all in the second period. He will usually play on the PK and he did not play on the PK nor did he take his regular shift with Pommer and Roy as MacArthur was on it. Since the score is 2-0, I cannot imagine that Lindy would bench him since I have not noticed an egregious turnover or extremely bad play, which leads me to the only conclusion I can make, which is he's hurt.

I'm impressed with the feistiness from Paetsch tonight. I never really expected out of him, but I like it, but not tonight when we are already a defenseman down. He's probably played only 30 seconds of the second period with 17 minutes of penalties in the second.

Good period by the Sabres. Connolly taking a beating down low to score an ugly goal. Then Roy with a beautiful move and the to get the pass to Paille to get the second goal. Good play so far, and we need to close this out in the third. I'm very concerned about Anaheim now with an injured Spacek and Hecht. And, I believe Lalime is playing that game. Where are we going to get a defenseman? Can we sign Nolan Pratt and just waive him when the other guys get healthy? Seriously, is that an option?

this is one of the more entertaining games i've seen in a while. good checking, tight d, fights ???, miller solid, pretty goal and passes.

Eh!

Nothing to write home about.

Entertaining game though...

D-roy gets the first star for that play alone.

GR says Weber is or was back in the Pirates line-up.

He may be called up for Monday.

Eh!

Nothing to write home about.

Entertaining game though...

D-roy gets the first star for that play alone.

GR says Weber is or was back in the Pirates line-up.

He may be called up for Monday.

Maybe we will have to go back to the being the pond hockey Sabres for a couple weeks until we have three D pairs...............

Again, the call is weak on Paetsch. Really questionable.

Again, the stupid coyote-call before the Phoenix PP. 0-5 tonight.

On second thought, don't stop playing it!

Decent chances by both teams.

A no-call on TC right before we take the hookin call on #38.

Horrible uni's on the desert dogs as well.

Archived