GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I've never seen that before... Two guys clearly squaring off to fight and the refs jump in and stop them before they even start.. The ref tackled Paetsch before he could throw a punch.. And then they give them both 2 and 10 minute penalties..

This game is getting chippy...

You can tell these teams don't know each other very well.

Vanek gets dumped into the net by Hale. Gragani and Spacek have had some big hits..

Buffalo needs to cut down on the odd-man rushes..

Being badly outshot...

End of 1.

I've never seen that before... Two guys clearly squaring off to fight and the refs jump in and stop them before they even start.. The ref tackled Paetsch before he could throw a punch.. And then they give them both 2 and 10 minute penalties..

Honestly, I'm glad. We can't afford to lose another defenseman to injury and Carcillo would have destroyed Paetsch. But, you never know what a guy who rarely scraps like Paetsch can do.

Not a great first period. Miller made some great saves, especially on the shorthanded opportunity. We are not generating much on offense, but there were some good chances that while technically do not register as shots on goal were tip-ins that just went wide.

I like the Coyotes broadcast. I was a fan of Pang and Strader on ESPN and they are good on the Yotes broadcast.

Paul sounds great. One "shift" before the first commercial and I'll go out on a limb: he could take over for Rick.

Not at all out of the realm of possibilities.

Not looking forward to it in the least.

We will need to demand nothing less of the best pbp replacement available.

This cannot end up like Gurtler replacing Darling.

I will definitely want to be at the arena when they honor RJ though.

A banner maybe...

A tremendous celebration..

and the eventual enshrinement in to the HHOF.

A square, glass-etched plaque - near Ted Darling's in the 'Great Room' up in Toronto.

west coast games bring back fond memories of falling asleep listening to Ted Darling on the transistor radio hanging on the bedpost! For some reason it seems as though I 'd fall asleep after the first period and wake up duing the third, check the score and struggle to listen to the end.

Yeah, I'd get all primed-up about staying up to listen to the game and crash-ot in the first period.

In the morning, my batteries would be dead and I'd have to listen to the kitchen radio to get the results before the bus came.

The radio by the bed was always there though growing-up.

Dr. Demento,

Q107's top-ten-at-ten,

MNF with Jack Buck & Hank Stram,

& Sabres, Leafs or Blue Jay games.

Archived