The Frozen Moment...

SDS

post-1-1231910240_thumbjpg

That is Andrew hustling back from his own end to stop the breakaway with a diving sweep check. This was in between periods at the Caps game tonight. I took the picture from the bench. :thumbsup:

Very cool. Also, nice job w/ the photo--almost SI quality.

picture 10 is the best! he executed that sweep check perfectly!

That one came out a little blurry. I have about 10 shots of the whole sequence. I saw the breakaway develop, but then out of the corner of my eye I saw my son booking down the ice. I thought he had a good chance to catch him, so I just kept shooting. The shot after 10 has the puck sitting next to the boy's skate after the attempted shot whiffed.

How about the positional play in #3 and #4? :lol: It's like the British Army in the Revolutionary War.

Do you have a background in photography? They look so clear.

I'm an optical engineer, so I know a little bit about the subject. I just got 135mm f/2.0 before the day before and it really helped.

How old is your son, SDS? The sweep check seems to be far out of the context of the level of play I am discerning from the photos. Might be a special kid, who knows? Just don't become one of Bucky's hockey parents. Actually a pretty good column by the Buckster.

What's with the uniforms? Gotta be the weirdest Sabre logo yet.
That is Andrew hustling back from his own end to stop the breakaway with a diving sweep check. This was in between periods at the Caps game tonight. I took the picture from the bench. :thumbsup:

How old is your son, SDS? The sweep check seems to be far out of the context of the level of play I am discerning from the photos. Might be a special kid, who knows? Just don't become one of Bucky's hockey parents. Actually a pretty good column by the Buckster.

He is 8 and most of the kids are younger than that. He's the only one on the team that will dive on defense to stop a shot. I've never seen any of the other kids do that, but he likes to do it regularly when back checking.

I read Bucky's column. It was actually sent to an email list by the owner of our rink. It was well written.

Andrew has no future in hockey other than whatever joy he takes out of playing the game at the moment. He's too small, and does not exhibit enough interest, but he likes to play games on a house league level.

and that is just fine by me.

Did the kid with the white helmet steal the puck from his team mate?

No. The other kid normally does the "stealing". :lol: He fell down trying though! I have a series of shots between that one and the dive that have him falling and Andrew stepping around him to poke it away.

Archived