Most Hated Sabre

stenbaro

I saw a poster earlier say May was his 2nd least favorite Sabre so I figured I would play off it..Who is your least or most hated Sabre of all time...You know the one who somehow manages to play in every game but you cant figure out why? The one who makes the bonehead play or penalty at the wrong time costing his team a victory, or it could be the one you just couldnt ever stand..Lets hear em....I have 2..Mike Wilson and Toni Lydman..

I saw a poster earlier say May was his 2nd least favorite Sabre so I figured I would play off it..Who is your least or most hated Sabre of all time...You know the one who somehow manages to play in every game but you cant figure out why? The one who makes the bonehead play or penalty at the wrong time costing his team a victory, or it could be the one you just couldnt ever stand..Lets hear em....I have 2..Mike Wilson and Toni Lydman..

Lydman??? Lydman is a really good player. He makes mistakes, but he also makes a ton of "ordinary" plays, like winning battles in the corner or a nice pass. Had a nice rush tonight where Kotalik almost scored

Two of them end in "ik." And not Ales. The zhit smehls.

Then, there's Cyr and Tucker, who were supposed to have saved the franchise, but all they did was save the franchise from playoff advancement.

But my all time least-favorite? It's an easy pick for that biatch-y-slav, Kozlov.

No question. Koslov is the worst person ever to have dressed in a Sabre uni.

Two of them end in "ik." And not Ales. The zhit smehls.

Then, there's Cyr and Tucker, who were supposed to have saved the franchise, but all they did was save the franchise from playoff advancement.

But my all time least-favorite? It's an easy pick for that biatch-y-slav, Kozlov.

No question. Koslov is the worst person ever to have dressed in a Sabre uni.

Yes, yes. I really try not to think of him as a Sabre.

Richard Smehlik. Biggest in the league.....

It was a toss-up between Wilson and Shmelik for me, but I give the toughness edge to Shmelik based on these two fights.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdBNXCzVOVA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdBNXCzVOVA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5jjLOdyaSs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5jjLOdyaSs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I hate a lot of former Sabres, most notably his Royal Bailness, Dominik Hasek.

Not for his on-ice merits, but for being a downright classless a-hole outside the rink.

I don't consider Kozlov a Sabre in any form.

Most hated current Sabre?

Max. I cringe everytime I see him on the ice, and half-way expect him to some day drop the charade, deke the crap out of Miller and put the puck top shelf. I mean, let's just cut it all right down to the bone right, no need to beat around the bush anymore.

I got nothing... In fact, I don't comprehend the concept of hating guys that played for your team. Are you implying that if you didn't like a certain player, you also hated the goals he scored, the defense he played, and the fights he got into on behalf of his teammates?? Did you not root for that person to be successful while he was wearing the swords? Did you not cheer his goals? Take May for example. Someone said they hated May. So that little goal he scored you hated?

I get not liking a player's style and effort, but hate?

Not hatred, but Extreme annoyance for superstars Hasek and Mogilny for quitting on our team and city. I heard McKegney was a real dick...I hated Krupp, the big piece of German chocolate cake. Hey both Andreychuk and Krupp won Cups elsewhere and Andy in an interview sheepishly admitted to "holding out" on Buffalo while playing here. I hated Biron because he'd give up the goofiest goals and he talks too much. Max can't help it: he's a born spazz. It's management's fault for keeping him here so long. Kotalik is a mediocre player but an excellent 5 on 3 guy as well as in the shootout. (not hockey!) Connolly is for me the most frustrating but I can't say I hate him. Satan with his phone call was desperate to get out of Buffalo. Drury just used the Sabres as a stepping stone, as did Briere. Not once ounce of loyalty with those two. Kozlov played well when he wasn't injured; but clearly he was manipulated by Hasek somehow into being part of the compensation and you could tell he was hating every minute of the Buffalo experience; which I guess was a real nightmare for both sides.

I've noticed that most of these guys in the above list are Europeans. To me that says that the people who I perceive as "holding out" on the Sabres are the obvious MERCENARIES, who should be avoided like the plague. Definition of a mercenary, for those of you who don't know, 1. Motivated solely by a desire for monetary or material gain. 2. Hired for service in a foreign army. This type of player sickens me the most because not only do they not commit to playing "for the city" but they don't care about winning the Stanley Cup either; it's just another feather in their cap.

For hating Buffalo so much, I'd have to say Kozlov.

Archived