Golisano selling the team?

cdexchange

OK, this was a good gag, but nobody won't play along.

"I have approached nobody,? Quinn replied Monday in a phone interview from the National Hockey League?s Board of Governors meeting in Florida.

Granted, it was a mildly enjoyable pun, but I think board rules prohibit you from complimenting your own jokes.

Very cool to think that the new owner of the Sabres is one of our own! Think about all the inside info we will have at our fingertips! :worthy:

If only! If I had that kind of cash; I would buy the team. I'd also keep you all in the loop. But, alas, I'm just a nobody. :(

Granted, it was a mildly enjoyable pun, but I think board rules prohibit you from complimenting your own jokes.

I second that motion for an immediate two game Grumpy blogging suspension ;)

Where's corp when you need him..... Wait we already Sh!tcanned him,,,

Labatt your up..

I second that motion for an immediate two game Grumpy blogging suspension ;)

Where's corp when you need him..... Wait we already Sh!tcanned him,,,

Labatt your up..

Make like "nobody" and just ignore him for two games! :rolleyes:

Waivers, see if another board picks him up?

Nah, we can't risk losing him. He's got issues, but he'd get snapped up. There's always some dreamer board admin that thinks he can be the one to finally get him to his full potential...

We'll just put PA on the IR due to his "sich selbst loben".

Make like "nobody" and just ignore him for two games! :rolleyes:

Well played :thumbsup:

Are you all quite finished? Because I am.

Crosschecking and I will live happily ever.

All righty then got yourself a roommate now do we ? ... Crazy but I'm getting this Oscar Madison Vibe for you in that relationship :D

That's easy for you to say because you're one of the mods. No disrespect intended.

My patience has completely run out on the entire Buffalo sports scene. I gave up on the Bills a long time ago, and now the Sabres might as well write their own tombstone. Bisons? Hardly ever cross my mind. (Ok, so the Bandits have won a few. Good. The NLL just isn't as well established a league as the NFL and the NHL are and I wouldn't be surprised if they wind up folding because of the untenable economic situation.)

I have way too many things to do on my after-work time, and the least of these is worrying about a hockey team that appears to be going nowhere anytime soon. Someone said that they'd rather stick around during bad times such as this than not to be around when they win it all. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but I don't see the Sabres winning the Cup in a thousand years (and I'm not even going to talk about the Bills). TG, you better get ready to eat that microphone at the end of the season because it looks like the team you own is putting out an absolutely crappy product and it shows no sign of improving anytime soon.

I know that there are plenty of other teams out there that haven't won the Cup - including ours. However, I think the only way to send a message to the FO is to shun the team, stop watching games regardless of media outlets, and stop attending games - regardless of what level someone is on the totem pole in the Sabres organization. We keep getting this message from them time and time again to buy into their system and that things will improve. You've had 38 years to do this, and it hasn't happened yet. Look at Tampa Bay and Anaheim. They already have Stanley Cups and they've been around since the 90's. That's pretty sad when young franchises already have titles and one of the more established ones does not.

I also think that it is best to not be involved in a board where I have seen a huge number of crass and uncouth posts being made on here. I admit that I have been guilty of this as well, so I'm not going to say that I haven't done it. I certainly have with some of my comments and "over the line" avatars, and I deeply regret it.

Some of you guys I got along with well, and some not as much. I wish all of you the best. I have been giving this some serious thought, and I think my time here at SabreSpace has run out.

Oh, and one last thing: DeLuca, you DO have a set of morals and it does dictate your philosophy.

I am terminating my membership here. I'm done.

:death:

Archived