Golisano selling the team?

cdexchange

This wouldn't surprise me one bit. If OSP can make a tidy sum by selling the team, IMO he would do it in a heartbeat. I don't think he has any passion/desire to win a cup....NONE!

The only silver lining in terms of selling the team would be if LQ goes as part of the deal.

I'm sure some will try to interpret into this that he is trying to get this done immediately so he can then immediately buy the Bills from Ralph since Ralph is worried about Obama's plan to increase the estate tax when he gets in office so he will sell the team before the end of the year. :blink:

This is no surprise...If they play games in Hamilton I will be pissed off..This team sellls out almost every home game and has a rabid loyal fan base that shows up whether the Sabres suck or play great..What a way to spit in your fan base face..The mere hint of this story repulses me....

So, a website is reporting that WROC is reporting that WNY Hockey is reporting that an unnamed source is reporting that TG is looking for a buyer? Now that we have that straight....

Actually, I wouldn't consider Jim Kelley to be on the same level as Eklund....

The author of the article is Jim Kelley, the magazine's managing editor. Kelley has covered the Sabres since 1981, and currently works for Canada-based Rogers Sportsnet.

Ugh....Balsille???? Golisano must be desperate.

I don't know a ton about Ball-Silly but why in the world would OSP care about who buys the team. Dude cares about the bottom line, nothing else.

If OSP can make a tidy sum by selling the team!

Buy low, sell high. He realizes the teams value is only going to decrease at this point, so why not sell to a desperate schlub like wacky balls to maximize profit.

The only silver lining in terms of selling the team would be if LQ goes as part of the deal.

Please, please let this happen.

This team sellls out almost every home game and has a rabid loyal fan base that shows up whether the Sabres suck or play great..

The Sabres were selling out most nights when they were a non-playoff team? Me thinks not. Buffalo's fanbase is as bandwagon as fanbase in the country.

Actually, I wouldn't consider Jim Kelley to be on the same level as Eklund....

The author of the article is Jim Kelley, the magazine's managing editor. Kelley has covered the Sabres since 1981, and currently works for Canada-based Rogers Sportsnet.

I'm not arguing that, but that is how it was reported in that article.

I don't know a ton about Ball-Silly but why in the world would OSP care about who buys the team. Dude cares about the bottom line, nothing else.

Buy low, sell high. He realizes the teams value is only going to decrease at this point, so why not sell to a desperate schlub like wacky balls to maximize profit.

Please, please let this happen.

The Sabres were selling out most nights when they were a non-playoff team? Me thinks not. Buffalo's fanbase is as bandwagon as fanbase in the country.

I guess last year they made the playoffs...Missed that one...So I guess youre ok with home games being played in Hamilton then..But I guess I wouldnt expect less from you in that regards..If I recall you havent been to a Sabre game.... :nana:

I was there through the 3 non-playoff years(01-02, 02-03 & 03-04) and believe me, there were many nights when there weren't 10,000 fans in the arena.

I guess last year they made the playoffs...Missed that one...So I guess youre ok with home games being played in Hamilton then..But I guess I wouldnt expect less from you in that regards..If I recall you havent been to a Sabre game.... :nana:

Everyone, including you, knows last years attendance was beneficiary from the previous two years success, with your homeboy CD at the helm. Attendance is down this year and will plummet if they miss the playoffs again.

As far as me going to games, no I don't get the chance to go very often. Once every ten years seems to be my frequency. With a family, two jobs and barely enough money to get by, I won't be paying to go to any Sabres games anytime soon.

this is weirdly unsettling to me.

it's especially strange that the report surfaces a day after the bills played in toronto. (on that score, i will acknowledge that i wound up way more disturbed by that happening than i had expected -- i actually turned the game off just a few minutes in -- i couldn't bear to watch -- i'm sure the quality of our team had something to do with that.)

so, this report from kelley is at once unnerving and at the same time a source of some hope for me.

there's some inherent uncertainty in having the team sold, but i think the league is committed to us as a solid hockey market. so i don't think the league/TO will let us be sold and moved to hamilton. and mr. RIM and hamilton are the only threat in terms of moving the team, i think.

the hope comes from the possibility that we might get an owner in here who's legitimately passionate about winning a cup and that we may be able to say buh-bye (AGAIN) to the LQ.

I was there through the 3 non-playoff years(01-02, 02-03 & 03-04) and believe me, there were many nights when there weren't 10,000 fans in the arena.

Those were some extenuating circumstances though in all fairness..For years these fans have supported the saabres even when they were bad..Those years were the years when The Rigas's effect were on everyones mind and fans felt like they didnt want to support that ownership..Cant blame them..I gave up my seasons during that run also for exactly that reason...I think the fans deserve a mulligan on those years... Sorry to say.....

Everyone, including you, knows last years attendance was beneficiary from the previous two years success, with your homeboy CD at the helm. Attendance is down this year and will plummet if they miss the playoffs again. As far as me going to games, no I don't get the chance to go very often. Once every ten years seems to be my frequency. With a family, two jobs and barely enough money to get by, I won't be paying to go to any Sabres games anytime soon.

Attendance this yr doesnt look to be down much if it is at all...Obviously my "Homeboy" had nothing to do with the way the Sabres played during his time here..Sarcasm Off...

Oct 10 '08 700K H W SO MTL 01-00-00 1 1 0 6 0 4 0 0 36 28 18690 R. Miller A. Kotalik

Oct 17 '08 700K H W VAN 04-00-00 5 2 2 5 0 3 0 0 31 25 18449 R. Miller A. Kotalik

Oct 21 '08 700K H W SO BOS 05-00-01 2 2 1 4 1 6 0 0 30 32 18334 R. Miller T. Vanek

Oct 27 '08 700K H L OTT 06-01-02 2 5 2 10 2 6 0 0 27 28 18690 A. Auld J. Spezza

Oct 30 '08 700K H L TBL 06-02-02 2 5 1 5 1 3 0 0 31 40 18690 O. Kolzig R. Malone

Nov 01 '08 700K H W WSH 07-02-02 5 0 1 8 0 5 0 0 27 29 18690 R. Miller T. Vanek

Nov 07 '08 700K H O OT ATL 08-02-03 4 5 2 3 2 3 0 0 32 26 18466 J. Hedberg J. Williams

Nov 12 '08 700K H W STL 09-03-03 4 3 0 3 0 1 0 0 32 33 18690 R. Miller H. Tallinder

Nov 14 '08 700K H L CBJ 09-04-03 1 6 1 8 0 2 0 0 37 25 18690 P. Leclaire M. Peca

Nov 21 '08 700K H L PHI 09-07-03 0 3 0 5 0 3 0 0 40 25 18256 M. Biron S. Hartnell

Nov 22 '08 700K H L NYI 09-08-03 2 4 0 1 2 5 0 0 37 26 18529 J. MacDonald B. Guerin

Nov 26 '08 700K H W BOS 10-08-03 3 2 0 2 0 2 1 0 23 29 18326 R. Miller J. Hecht

Nov 28 '08 700K H W PIT 11-08-03 4 3 1 4 0 7 0 0 32 30 18690 R. Miller P. Gaustad

Dec 01 '08 700K H L NSH 11-10-03 0 2 0 2 0 2 0 0 30 27 18690 P. Rinne J. Arnott

I have a family and 2 jobs also but i am not gonna call Sabre fans bandwagonners if I am not paying to go myself...

Archived